2024 Training Camp Thread

5 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Our DBs are super young.  Davis is really the only really experienced player.  Robertson has 2 years of playing with 4 years in the league but still pretty new and shouldn't be considered a veteran presence IMO.  Our S are all young and in changing roles, our #2 and 3 CBs are rookies and the rest are undrafted guys who barely played.  We have to count on Glenn and Townsend to be the experience but they cant be on the field.  

I know its early and I am typically a kool-aid guy but our DBs have still worried me prior to camp.  Rookies just don't often step in and become Sauce or Woolen.  They take time to develop and learn and that means we will be dealing with some big plays.  That being said we are used to that because Vildor was pretty awful last year, but unfortunately, he may still be on the roster with Mosely going down.  

We will have to agree to disagree on Amik Roberston.  He got legit playing time in 2021 and credited with appearing in 10 gates.  Then he played in 17 games in 2022 and 2023 while showing improvement every year.  

Amik Robertson Stats, Height, Weight, Position, Draft, College | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Posted (edited)

Based on the write-up by Justin Rogers, It seems like the Lions had a better day today.  i was going to be critical of Kerby Joseph for getting into a fight but after I saw the video I can understand his initial reaction.  That was a cheap move from Malik Nabors, especially given the fact that he is a rookie.  What was interesting in that video was you didn't see a lot of Giants players come to his defense.  

POD also had a good take:

Giants writers believe Lions got better of NY on joint practice Day 2 - Pride Of Detroit

Edited by Just Want A Title

18 hours ago, Just Want A Title said:

Based on the write-up by Justin Rogers, It seems like the Lions had a better day today.  i was going to be critical of Kerby Joseph for getting into a fight but after I saw the video I can understand his initial reaction.  That was a cheap move from Malik Nabors, especially given the fact that he is a rookie.  What was interesting in that video was you didn't see a lot of Giants players come to his defense.  

POD also had a good take:

Giants writers believe Lions got better of NY on joint practice Day 2 - Pride Of Detroit

Take aways from that:

• Nabers is either a top 5-7 WR or our DBs are going to struggle.  Given Jamo and ARSB have been good but not insane against us, I think it might be a mix of both. 
  • We need to sign another kicker
  • The run game and OL are what we expected
  • I like that the DL made adjustments and made plays, need to show we can do that on the fly now. 

5 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Take aways from that:

• Nabers is either a top 5-7 WR or our DBs are going to struggle.  Given Jamo and ARSB have been good but not insane against us, I think it might be a mix of both. 
  • We need to sign another kicker
  • The run game and OL are what we expected
  • I like that the DL made adjustments and made plays, need to show we can do that on the fly now. 

Malik Nabors is a good WR but I suspect the Lions are keeping things vanilla.  Our CBs are going to be better than last year, it is just a question of how much.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Game 1 tonight.  Not sure we will see much if anything from the starters but excited to see some of the depth and guys fighting for roster spots. Especially looking forward to seeing Hooker, Martin, Betts, Manu, Vaki, Sorsdal, etc. 

Martin just blew up the pocket and got half a sack. Fought through a little bit of a double team too. 

3 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

Man I hope Hooker can show something this preseason bc Sudfeld is a crap milkshake

Sudfeld is what Sudfeld is. I hope they give Hooker all the reps going forward. His ceiling is so much higher. 

2 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

Sudfeld is what Sudfeld is. I hope they give Hooker all the reps going forward. His ceiling is so much higher. 

I just don't see what Sudfeld brings. He's not consistent and he doesn't have any dynamic potential. I've seen so little of any kind of upside.