Jordan Addison arrested on suspicion of drunk driving

tyler735

6 hours ago, fluhartz said:

I obviously am not talking about jail for life or even at all.  I am just saying a longer suspension and something like you suggested (the breathalyzer that locks his car).

And I agree with you the 3 strikes in life in prison for drugs or anything is so stupid. Look at all the people in a state like /Michigan that are in prison for drugs that are legal now... that is terrible. 

Actually, given that it isn't like the NFL is the only show in town anymore - obviously the UFL isn't of the strata that the NFL is, but an individual can make a very viable living as a player in the UFL - I'm perfectly fine with the NFL maintaining a 3 strikes and you're out poiicy - far more than I ever was with the 3 strikes law in state penal codes.  It is not a right of a player to play in specifically the NFL.  They want to play in the NFL because the NFL is where they can make the most money, but part and parcel to that is maintain the standards of what other NFL players are expected to... and do.  If you fail to meet those standards, then fail to meet them again, then yet again repeat the same "mistake," you've clearly demonstrated that you're not worthy of that higher earning potential over guys who can and will meet those standards.  You're taking money out of they and their families pockets by being allowed to stay - and as someone who is all for players going and getting theirs while they're able, I'm of the belief they should be pushing out the guys who are selfishly trying to take food out of their mouths while demonstrably showing that they're not willing to uphold the same standard.

• Like 2

On 7/15/2024 at 3:31 PM, Xmad said:

You can be arrested for suspicion of DUI since they can't prove it if you refuse a breathalyzer which is why they usually do a blood raw. But depending on the jurisdiction it can require a court order or warrant. In minnesota you need a warrant. Smart move by addison since by the time they get the warrant it won't be relevant. 

happened in California though.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, fluhartz said:

I obviously am not talking about jail for life or even at all.  I am just saying a longer suspension and something like you suggested (the breathalyzer that locks his car).

And I agree with you the 3 strikes in life in prison for drugs or anything is so stupid. Look at all the people in a state like /Michigan that are in prison for drugs that are legal now... that is terrible. 

Oh I'm just complaining about that system lol. 4-7 game suspension as well as mandate insert rehab not imposed by the courts here.

Yeah.....at least michigan has..............detroit?

3 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

Actually, given that it isn't like the NFL is the only show in town anymore - obviously the UFL isn't of the strata that the NFL is, but an individual can make a very viable living as a player in the UFL - I'm perfectly fine with the NFL maintaining a 3 strikes and you're out poiicy - far more than I ever was with the 3 strikes law in state penal codes.  It is not a right of a player to play in specifically the NFL.  They want to play in the NFL because the NFL is where they can make the most money, but part and parcel to that is maintain the standards of what other NFL players are expected to... and do.  If you fail to meet those standards, then fail to meet them again, then yet again repeat the same "mistake," you've clearly demonstrated that you're not worthy of that higher earning potential over guys who can and will meet those standards.  You're taking money out of they and their families pockets by being allowed to stay - and as someone who is all for players going and getting theirs while they're able, I'm of the belief they should be pushing out the guys who are selfishly trying to take food out of their mouths while demonstrably showing that they're not willing to uphold the same standard.

Acting like the CFL doesn't exist is just rude.

2 hours ago, vike daddy said:

happened in California though.

Voluntary and if you refuse both you can order a blood test which we'll see whenever this gets swept under the rug.

58 minutes ago, Xmad said:

Acting like the CFL doesn't exist is just rude.

Not acting like it doesn't exist, just well aware that the pay disparity between the CFL and NFL is vapors compared to the UFL and the NFL - which is at least a stanky fart that requires Glade spray compared to, at worst, Drachar Noir and, at best, Chanel No 5.

12 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

Not acting like it doesn't exist, just well aware that the pay disparity between the CFL and NFL is vapors compared to the UFL and the NFL - which is at least a stanky fart that requires Glade spray compared to, at worst, Drachar Noir and, at best, Chanel No 5.

CFL Players can earn actual six figures. UFL players all get the same salary.

But in drunk related news.

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/10/23/broncos-qb-chad-kelly-arrested/

Never forget this man is the CFL'S best QB.

As of Tuesday, there were few details that had emerged surrounding Jordan Addison’s arrest. There were no bookings reported from any LA County jails, no mug shot. The only thing we had to go on was a non-public “arrest report” that was obtained by various media outlets. It was still very much a murky situation.

After confirming with the LA County jail, that Jordan Addison was never booked into their system on Friday night, Minnesota Sports Fan was able to get ahold of someone inside the California Highway Patrol. That’s where MSF learned the reason why Addison was never booked: “Cite and Release”.

In California, cite and release is the practice of police issuing you a citation for suspected unlawful conduct, but not bringing you to jail for a formal booking. Instead, you are released on the condition that you make a signed promise show up to court, later on. The process is used mainly for low-level offenses, such as misdemeanors or infractions.

https://www.minnesotasportsfan.com/minnesota-vikings-news-jordan-addison-dui-update-cite-and-release/

• Like 2

On 7/14/2024 at 4:56 PM, Xmad said:

Understood if he's just asleep in a parking lot and didn't wanna get a ride home that's valid. (Yes legally that's drunk driving since you're operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated)

When drunk one time in Colorado. I slept in my car once but put the keys on my back tire. I heard an urban myth that if the keys are outside your car they realize you didn't drive and fall asleep behind the wheel. Mall security told me I had to go. I said no way am I driving I'm drunk so I left my car and walked around til I found a pay phone and called a friend. I was so drunk I had no clue where I was but described the businesses and where I had been. He found me and I was lucky that my car was fine when I got it later. So even that twisted I knew to not drive my car. I don't think it's the drinking that makes the bad decisions. I think it's the 'I won't get caught' attitude that makes the bad decisions. 

• Like 4

On 7/17/2024 at 12:34 PM, vike daddy said:

As of Tuesday, there were few details that had emerged surrounding Jordan Addison’s arrest. There were no bookings reported from any LA County jails, no mug shot. The only thing we had to go on was a non-public “arrest report” that was obtained by various media outlets. It was still very much a murky situation.

After confirming with the LA County jail, that Jordan Addison was never booked into their system on Friday night, Minnesota Sports Fan was able to get ahold of someone inside the California Highway Patrol. That’s where MSF learned the reason why Addison was never booked: “Cite and Release”.

In California, cite and release is the practice of police issuing you a citation for suspected unlawful conduct, but not bringing you to jail for a formal booking. Instead, you are released on the condition that you make a signed promise show up to court, later on. The process is used mainly for low-level offenses, such as misdemeanors or infractions.

https://www.minnesotasportsfan.com/minnesota-vikings-news-jordan-addison-dui-update-cite-and-release/

We call that a DAT (desk appearance ticket) in my state. Some crimes, even if misdemeanors, don’t qualify (like DV incidents), but I’m surprised they did it with an intox perp. 

It saves the cops/the courts/corrections a little bit of time and paperwork, and Addison didn’t have to spend a night or so in a cell, but in the grand scheme of things it doesn’t actually mean much.

• Like 3

On 7/17/2024 at 7:52 PM, Nnivolcm said:

Smoking pot while driving is still frowned upon and a reason to lock him up though...

Behind the wheel, yes, in his own home or a friend’s place, no. Stupid that many states/countries still do for that shyt.

Edited by KManX89

• 3 weeks later...

Kevin Seifert, ESPN:

"The state of California formally charged Vikings WR Jordan Addison last Wednesday with the 2 misdemeanors from his original police report: DUI of alcohol and driving with .08% blood alcohol content."

Ben Goessling, Star Trib:

“He has an Oct. 7 appearance in Los Angeles court to be arraigned and enter his plea for the charges. If he is convicted or pleads guilty, he could face up to six months in jail, pay fines up to $2,000 or lose his driver’s license for up to six months."

"According to the NFL’s policy and program on substances of abuse, players face a three-game suspension for their first criminal offense regarding alcohol use, absent any aggravating circumstances that would lead to further discipline. Addison was cited for driving 140 mph on Interstate-94 in St. Paul last July, but was not charged with any alcohol- or drug-related offenses in that case, which could help him avoid harsher penalties related to his July 2024 arrest.”

we're in London on Oct 6. sheesh....

his lawyer could have the arraignment date changed.

• Like 2