WR Brandon Aiyuk Requests a Trade

Great, now they are going to trade him because shanny isn't going to like the "you need him more than he needs you" 😂 

Looked up Davante's contract

No shot this happens. He would cost us 16m this year, while Aiyuk costs 14. Davante gets paid 35m(!) for the next 3 seasons after 2024. At that point, just pay the younger player who will also be cheaper. 

Zero reason to do this deal.

If the raiders wanted to give us Bowers, then great. I am in. They can trade davante to the jets. They can have him. It is probably what Davante wants as well, considering at that point he can probably convince the jets to guarantee the next 2-3 years on his deal. 

35 million dollars per year! HELL NO 

Edited by N4L
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I will be so annoyed if we don't just sign this dude 😂 

Idk.

I have strong reservations about giving him 30 mil a year.

I'm just not ready to proclaim our passing offense falling off a cliff if BA isn't in it.

But that's just me...

7 minutes ago, N4L said:

Looked up Davante's contract

No shot this happens. He would cost us 24m this year, while Aiyuk costs 14. Davante gets paid 43m(!) for the next 3 seasons after 2024. At that point, just pay the younger player who will also be cheaper. 

Zero reason to do this deal.

If the raiders wanted to give us Bowers, then great. I am in. They can trade davante to the jets. They can have him. It is probably what Davante wants as well, considering at that point he can probably convince the jets to guarantee the next 2-3 years on his deal. 

43 million dollars per year! HELL NO 

Slight correction - Adams costs 17+ this year. 16.9 base + roster / gm bonus I'm pretty sure.  35+ the next two. 

It'd be dumb as hell to trade 26 year old Aiyuk when you could probably land him a 3 / 90 for Adams and his 3 / 88 remaining at 32, 33, 34 years old. 

11 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Idk.

I have strong reservations about giving him 30 mil a year.

I'm just not ready to proclaim our passing offense falling off a cliff if BA isn't in it.

But that's just me...

Look into Aiyuk's micros like Matt Harmon posts. 

I'd take him over ARSB because he's a legit X. That makes that deal quite easy for me. 

Aiyuk's problem isn't that he's not good enough, it's that the team doesn't use him enough to give him the 30 million, but that's not his problem. In a different situation, I think he's a monster. Everything indicates that he's a damn good receiver. 

I just can't get on board with this team paying Jennings his deal to ostensibly catch 20-30 passes and block well....or in the past paying Juice like 6 million dollars and Robbie Gould 5 million and then drawing a 3-4 million dollar line in the sand for Aiyuk. That's dumb asset management. 

• Like 1

One hand, Brandon Aiyuk praise. 

On the other, Brock Purdy slander (not really, but I always assume Nick Wright means anything he says about Brock Purdy with the harshest degree of criticism). 

Larry David Meme GIFs | Tenor

• Like 1

Deebo signed for 23.85M on a 208.2M cap. It was 11.45% of the cap. 

Aiyuk getting 30 million on a 255.4M cap would be 11.74% of the cap. If he got 29M, it'd be 11.35%. 

He's basically looking for the deebo deal. The cap has just gone up is all. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

Aiyuk getting 30 million on a 255.4M cap would be 11.74% of the cap. If he got 29M, it'd be 11.35%. 

the season Deebo came off of had everyone thinking he was the #1 offensive weapon in the entire league though.  No one knew he'd get fat. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, WhyAmIHere said:

the season Deebo came off of had everyone thinking he was the #1 offensive weapon in the entire league though.  No one knew he'd get fat. 

I mean, I was perfectly fine trading Deebo after that. It was pretty clear that was likely going to be a career season and he had a long injury history and played a style that I never thought was going to age well. 

Terry Mclaurin got 22.8 that year which was still 11% of the cap. Aiyuk's ask isn't out of line. People aren't adjusting to the higher cap. 

*edit* 

To be clear, that's not to say that I wanted to trade him. I just wouldn't have been apoplectic if they did  like so many would have been. I was bearish on Deebo following that big season for the 23 year. 

With Aiyuk, I'd be upset if we moved him. I'm much more in on keeping him than I was keeping Deebo 2 years ago. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Forge said:

That's a fair argument, I must admit.

Still not sure if I would though lol.

Deebo versatility made his a little bit easier for me, though I knew it wouldn't age well.

I'm fine either way, I guess.

But for the right compensation, I would definitely be open to moving him. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

That's a fair argument, I must admit.

Still not sure if I would though lol.

Deebo versatility made his a little bit easier for me, though I knew it wouldn't age well.

I'm fine either way, I guess.

But for the right compensation, I would definitely be open to moving him. 

I'm just the opposite of you. I'm the dude who was okay with shopping deebo and was fine either way, but pretty locked in that we should be paying Aiyuk 😂 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Slight correction - Adams costs 17+ this year. 16.9 base + roster / gm bonus I'm pretty sure.  35+ the next two. 

It'd be dumb as hell to trade 26 year old Aiyuk when you could probably land him a 3 / 90 for Adams and his 3 / 88 remaining at 32, 33, 34 years old. 

Maybe I read this wrong, but he costs 16.9 base plus 500k per game roster bonus, which I took to mean 8.5m. If that is 500k in total, then yeah, it is *feasible* for this year, but then we need to cut him next year. So that seems silly. Trade a young stud making 14m for an old stud making 17m. Sure, Aiyuk is a FA next year, but we can tag and trade him, I dont think we will be able to trade Adams. I think he gets cut next year

1 minute ago, N4L said:

Maybe I read this wrong, but he costs 16.9 base plus 500k per game roster bonus, which I took to mean 8.5m. If that is 500k in total, then yeah, it is *feasible* for this year, but then we need to cut him next year. So that seems silly. Trade a young stud making 14m for an old stud making 17m. Sure, Aiyuk is a FA next year, but we can tag and trade him, I dont think we will be able to trade Adams. I think he gets cut next year

it's 500K total, 29K/ wk or whatever. 

• Like 1