49ers Training camp 2024

Has anyone been able to get training camp tickets? Ticketmaster sold out incredibly quickly. I was only able to get tickets for August 6th. I'm trying to see if I can get tickets for the 7th.

So when are we going to add someone with a pulse at safety?

Ravens just signed Eddie Jackson.

We have ZERO depth at the position currently.

Are we really going to head into TC with Tig & a rookie as the potential starters, with a bunch of STers as depth??

That can't be the plan...

13 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

So when are we going to add someone with a pulse at safety?

Ravens just signed Eddie Jackson.

We have ZERO depth at the position currently.

Are we really going to head into TC with Tig & a rookie as the potential starters, with a bunch of STers as depth??

That can't be the plan...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's the plan right now  Especially with odums contract guaranteed for year one of his new deal. 

Hufanga, Brown, mustapha, odum.

They've generally only carried 4. I think I'm 17 they started with 5 but cut Jerome pretty quick 

I'd suspect Hawkins makes the roster initially if huf is on pup. 

Now, if hufs recovery is rough or brown / mustapha look awful or something, I could see them deviate. Don't think that's the plan though. Have to wait until we are a decent portion through camp, I think

10 hours ago, Forge said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's the plan right now  Especially with odums contract guaranteed for year one of his new deal. 

Hufanga, Brown, mustapha, odum.

They've generally only carried 4. I think I'm 17 they started with 5 but cut Jerome pretty quick 

I'd suspect Hawkins makes the roster initially if huf is on pup. 

Now, if hufs recovery is rough or brown / mustapha look awful or something, I could see them deviate. Don't think that's the plan though. Have to wait until we are a decent portion through camp, I think

Awful plan for a team with legit SB aspirations.

Doesn't make any sense to not bring in a vet with starting experience.

2 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

Awful plan for a team with legit SB aspirations.

Doesn't make any sense to not bring in a vet with starting experience.

I wouldn't mind if huf was healthy. Have concerns he won't be ready though

I thought they were going to go get Justin Simmons, but he's still just sitting out there 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

I wouldn't mind if huf was healthy. Have concerns he won't be ready though

I thought they were going to go get Justin Simmons, but he's still just sitting out there 

Well that's my point.

They can't be counting on Huf coming back and picking up where he left off.

That's just beyond stupid.

They should be looking at Huf coming back and having a defined, complimentary role until he's at leat 18 months removed from his surgery with no major setbacks.

He's coming off serious knee injury. He shouldn't be thrown into the fray immediately.

I just don't understand the thought process with our roster management at times. 

• Like 1

So the Aiyuk drama will dominate the headlines in camp, but this is what I am looking forward to:

1. Which of the young CBs emerge and carve out a role in 2024? Will Green or Luter or anyone else play good enough to take one of the starting spots and possibly make replace either Ward or Lenoir in 2025?

2. Which of the LBs step up in the absence of Greenlaw? Obviously Campbell is set to start, but can Graham or Winters or Bethune take the 3rd LB spot and even become a top 2 LB on the roster until Greenlaw returns?

3. Which edge rusher aside from Bosa/Floyd shines in camp? Can Beal or Jackson become edge3?

4. Ricky Pearsall. Not much needs to be said but how well does he play when covered by either Ward or Lenoir? Does he win his battles vs Green? Even Cowing. How does he perform? 

5. Can Puni play good enough to be a starter from day one? Can Nugent or Kingston make the roster and even push for a starting spot?

6. Which young player emerges as an pro bowl caliber player? We usually have one every offseason that end up emerging. 

7. How does the safety situation play out with Hufanga likely to miss most, if not all of camp?

8. What new wrinkles does Sorenson bring to the table?

9. Any surprise trades/cuts after the 3rd preseason game? 

Football is back! Love it, this offseason actually flew by it seemed like....Maybe that was just for me I guess lol.

• Like 3

Sorry, don't believe this. If he lost and then put on 30 pounds during the offseason, that's going to be bad weight, not good weight lol

• Like 1