49ers Training camp 2024

27 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

He's deleted all his Aiyuk tweets lol

They are back now lol. That was weird because I saw them all gone too 

50 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I only see two tweets on his Twitter account. 

Looks like he got some hate and threats on his family and decided to delete his twitter. But it is clear he is not backing down from his Aiyuk being traded prediction. 

16 minutes ago, Forge said:

Here is the thing, the Niners let Aiyuk's team before the draft talk to other teams to see what they would be willing to pay him and what they would be willing to give up for him. Aiyuk likely has a team or two willing to pay him 30M and it's frustrating him that the Niners will not match nor are they trading him. 

If we do trade Aiyuk, I hope we get a good player back, even if it is for a one year rental. Of course, we would need to get a good pick as well. Is that realistic? Not sure. 

At this point we should not be having this much trouble getting Trent's deal done. Just stop wasting time and get it done. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Here is the thing, the Niners let Aiyuk's team before the draft talk to other teams to see what they would be willing to pay him and what they would be willing to give up for him. Aiyuk likely has a team or two willing to pay him 30M and it's frustrating him that the Niners will not match nor are they trading him. 

If we do trade Aiyuk, I hope we get a good player back, even if it is for a one year rental. Of course, we would need to get a good pick as well. Is that realistic? Not sure. 

At this point we should not be having this much trouble getting Trent's deal done. Just stop wasting time and get it done. 

100% the front office literally dropped the ball on this and if a trade happens for a player it better be O Line along with a Trent deal.

12 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I still don't know how a trade with either of those teams makes sense in the niners are trying to win a super bowl or not have a gaping hole at receiver. But we'll see how it plays out. Maybe they've just reached a point where they are just taking value

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

I still don't know how a trade with either of those teams makes sense in the niners are trying to win a super bowl or not have a gaping hole at receiver. But we'll see how it plays out. Maybe they've just reached a point where they are just taking value

Either that or they think they can upgrade at another position (possible DE?). It's one of those we lose something in the passing game while becoming dominant somewhere else ala Chiefs last season. Our secondary has the potential to be dominant this season and if our front matches that? Then it may be worth it to the team to trade Aiyuk and get rid of one big future contract. I don't agree with that but certainly possible. 

Would a Judon plus pick for Aiyuk work? 

Cooper is a very good route runner and can do some of the things Aiyuk can do so I kind of got the rumors to that trade. 

With Ward/Hufanga/Lenoir/Greenlaw up soon, we are going to lose probably two, if not three of those players next season. The offense has a bunch of high paid players with a weak OL. Really got to get it done this season or the reset happens sooner than the team may have anticipated. 

37 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Agreed! Needs to happen now too! 

As much as I hate to see him leave, just get it over with. If it’s the Browns, let’s get Amari Cooper and a pick or swap picks. I know Amari wants a new contract, but at least it would be cheaper. 

Im getting tired of this! 

DMO will hopefully get extended with no issues nxt year. I don’t understand why Lynch makes this situation so difficult. They literally wait to the last min where other guys are getting paid and resetting the market. 

15 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Either that or they think they can upgrade at another position (possible DE?). It's one of those we lose something in the passing game while becoming dominant somewhere else ala Chiefs last season. Our secondary has the potential to be dominant this season and if our front matches that? Then it may be worth it to the team to trade Aiyuk and get rid of one big future contract. I don't agree with that but certainly possible. 

Would a Judon plus pick for Aiyuk work? 

Cooper is a very good route runner and can do some of the things Aiyuk can do so I kind of got the rumors to that trade. 

With Ward/Hufanga/Lenoir/Greenlaw up soon, we are going to lose probably two, if not three of those players next season. The offense has a bunch of high paid players with a weak OL. Really got to get it done this season or the reset happens sooner than the team may have anticipated. 

Judon could make sense, but depends on what he's looking for money wise. I mean, no reason he shouldn't be asking for something similar to Aiyuk. That's the edge market. 

I'd believe Cleveland more if they didn't just give both cooper and jeudy money this off-season.

I also want to preface my previous comment, I understand it takes 2 to discuss contract extensions, etc and more often than not I could see a player betting on themselves wanting to wait until the end of the year to discuss. It’s just surreal to know that we can extend guys and we should take full advantage especially players that we draft. 

Dude was always going to be ready to go day one. Our 2nd best pass protector and he should start.

Feliciano is good back up and let's try to get Burford more looks at tackle. 

• Like 1