49ers Training camp 2024

If they were to move him for a second + garbage, they really think he's not showing up or they think they can't tag and trade. 

2 minutes ago, 9erFreak77 said:

Was thinking that too but i was reading Guerendo is hurt apparently.

He’s been hurt since day one I’m pretty sure. Sounds like Mason has passed Mitchell on the depth chart and Elijah has starter experience, and I believe is on the last year of his deal.

I remember Mitchell saying something about how he wasn’t too thrilled when we traded for CMC because he was again going to be relegated to backup duty. Might be us doing him a solid if something does happen.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

Haven't been paying as much attention this offseason. From Instagram and browsing this thread, it seems like Mason, Schrader, Pearsall, Conley, Bell, Puni, Winters, Graham, Brown, Green & Yiadom have stepped up this camp. 

Also seems like some players that haven't taken the next step are Gray, Luter & Womack? And while its maybe unfair, Guerrendo/Jackson/Latu not helping themselves with being injured. 

Mason - yes, the talk has been very positive there from what I have seen. 

Schrader - I've seen positive things, but really feels more like, "he tries hard, and that's cool". His positives seem to be almost graded on a curve. 

Pearsall - Seems like a mixed bag. I asked KP (posted earlier in thread) and he said he's not getting open against press at all. I've seen Rob Lowder say that he's had a couple of awesome practices where he got open pretty easily, but I'm guessing that is off coverage. I will say that when people have commented on his catches, they do usually mention something regarding tight coverage or it's a contested catch. 

Conley - Probably the best reviewed receiver that I have seen. I made my 53 earlier an had him on the PS and Taylor on the 53, but at this point mosto who have watched practice appear to be pretty confident he's going to make the 53. 

Bell - I've seen him get a lot of love for some tough catches the last couple of days, but seems more of a mixed bag. Struggled returning punts in practices a time or two. I know he had a couple of fumbles in one practice. 

Puni - all indications are he has taken the starting job. He's playing with the ones for like the last week. 

Winters - lots of positives here. KP was very impressed and I know at the start of practices he was mentioned. I know he had the coverage on Pearsall and got a hand on the ball and then Ricky made a really nice catch, but his coverage (against a receiver) was good. 

Graham - Depends on what you're looking for here. I've seen him mentioned about coming downhill and laying the wood on someone. the problem with Graham is what he's going to look like in coverage. Can he turn and run? We already knew he could come downhill and hit like a freight train. We saw that last year. I haven't heard anyone talk about his coverage so far, so this is mostly a null for me. 

Brown - same thing as Graham. He's picking off a bunch of passes in practice, and that's great, but I don't care. We already know that he has a nose for the football and is always around the ball. What I need to know about Brown is whether or not he's developing into a remotely competent tackler to bring people down. His ints mean jack if he's a liability in that way. 

Green - Mostly running with the 2s in the slot is my understanding. I haven't heard anything effusively positive. Can Inman said he was doing okay but there was a question on whether you'd trust him to play. 

Yiadom - Sounds like everything on him is mostly positive. He seems like a lock to be the second outside corner along with Ward when Lenoir is in the slot. 

Danny Gray has already gotten hurt multiple times I think, though waiting to hear about the one from yesterday. I'd be stunned if he makes the roster. 

Luter & Womack - Honestly, haven't heard a peep much one way or the other. I'm not even sure where they are running in the order. 

Latu is just bad. If they keep him on the roster, seems like it'll be because they don't want to throw away yet another third round pick. Like last year, there's no way that he's a top 3 tight end on this team. 

Guerrendo - Not sure how much this one matters. Obviously the injury just sets him back. I'm assuming he'll start on IR and they'll open his window and see where he's at, but he's lost a ton of ground and I'm not sure how many running backs the team wants to carry. CMC / Mitchell / Mason / Juice isn't uncommon for this team to carry. So in theory if he's out until the season starts, maybe they just kill his season even if he'll be able to come back. 

Jackson - honestly,  not sure the injury hurts him. I'm not convinced he would have made the roster this year. And if he did, I think he's the guy that is the odd man out on gameday and not active. I don't know how Beal has looked overall, but I know that he's been a little disruptive in the pass game and has had multiple sacks. I think Beal is more likely to be that last edge on gameday. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Forge said:

If they were to move him for a second + garbage, they really think he's not showing up or they think they can't tag and trade. 

Heard the steelers offer was an OL, 2nd round pick, and day 3 pick for Aiyuk. The lineman is likely James Daniels who is in his final year of current contract. The Steelers had already informed him earlier this offseason that they weren't going to extend him this year.

Rickey was DM'ing others Aiyuk + 3rd round pick for Adams before jumping on the steelers news.

Edited by typecast

9 minutes ago, typecast said:

Heard the steelers offer was an OL, 2nd round pick, and day 3 pick for Aiyuk. The lineman is likely James Daniels who is in his final year of current contract. The Steelers had already informed him earlier this offseason that they weren't going to extend him this year.

Rickey was DM'ing others Aiyuk + 3rd round pick for Adams.

Will be a massive fail by the 49ers

I think the aiyuk + 3rd for Adams was a ploy (would not be a great trade for the niners long term....this would basically just be them admitting they are only in it for this year) because Ricky was trying to out that nfl notifications dude. I think @49erurtaza asked Ricky about it. 

• Like 2