49ers Training camp 2024

Sad. This is all starting to seem realy personal, and potentially beyond repair. 49ers having a young QB that is showing he can potentially be a franchise cornerstone. Aiyuk is the one good pure receiver on the team that can grow with Brock. And the franchise has a lot of pressure to win the SB. If he was going to be dealt, it should have been at the draft. Failure on the 49ers front office for letting it get out of hand this late into the offseason.

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

2 minutes ago, adamq said:

I dont see what Pitt has to offer besides their 1st. If they do pony up I'll be pretty excited, could easily be a top 5 pick

Steelers have to be thinking about getting a QB in the draft next year. 

They also could easily go sign Dak or something like that. 

• Like 1

I mean I loved KB when he was here, but is that really a value add at this point? Coming off an ACL and has basically just been a role player his entire career.

Amari Cooper is a FA after the season. So that’s not terribly exciting either.

Getting New Englands 1 would do it for me, but I kind of doubt they’d do that with how bad they could be this season. 

3 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Why is "Aiyuk won't sign with those teams" any kind of threat though? It's either go where you're dealt, sign the 49ers offer, or play on the 5th year. Or sit out, and lose money.

I assume their offer is predicted on him signing an extension. My hope is that means it's more than a straight up rental price

• Like 1

Why is "Aiyuk won't sign with those teams" any kind of threat though? It's either go where you're dealt, sign the 49ers offer, or play on the 5th year. Or sit out, and lose money.

Those teams wont make the trade if he tells them he wont re-sign. Too much risk. Sure, they could tag him or whatever but no one is giving up anything to force a guy to play for them. It is completely reasonable for Aiyuk to exercise this type of agency. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Well I’m sure the deal is contingent upon Aiyuk signing a new deal. These teams aren’t going to let go of substantial assets for a rental.

1 minute ago, GW21 said:

I mean I loved KB when he was here, but is that really a value add at this point? Coming off an ACL and has basically just been a role player his entire career.

Getting New Englands 1 would do it for me, but I kind of doubt they’d do that with how bad they could be this season. 

Would you do Aiyuk and a 2 for NE's 1? I mean, I wouldnt exactly love it, but trading a pick in the 60s for a top 10 pick wouldnt be terrible I guess. 

1 minute ago, GW21 said:

Kb doesn't move a needle at all. We have enough of him now. If that's the roster player I'm probably out on the niners being about to win the super bowl this year. 

Cooper I can deal with for this year. Doesn't crush the super bowl aspirations. But we probably spend another high pick on receiver next draft

• Like 1

Just now, N4L said:

Would you do Aiyuk and a 2 for NE's 1? I mean, I wouldnt exactly love it, but trading a pick in the 60s for a top 10 pick wouldnt be terrible I guess. 

Probably. Would take a lot on both ends for that to look bad for us, especially with NE playing in the AFC East with a healthy Rodger’s, Josh Allen, and Miami. We’d also need to completely collapse for use not to get 1st round value out of that.

3 minutes ago, N4L said:

Those teams wont make the trade if he tells them he wont re-sign. Too much risk. Sure, they could tag him or whatever but no one is giving up anything to force a guy to play for them. It is completely reasonable for Aiyuk to exercise this type of agency. 

49ers could also shut down all trades at this point, and force Aiyuk to play or sit out.

• Like 3

Just now, TecmoSuperJoe said:

49ers could also shut down all trades at this point, and force Aiyuk to play or sit out.

He can always just pull the Kenny golladay and quit with a fake injury. The minute he tweaks something, he's done. 

I don't know if Aiyuk is the type, but it's definitely not impossible

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

He can always just pull the Kenny golladay and quit with a fake injury. The minute he tweaks something, he's done. 

True. Teammates probably wouldn't look at him the same then. Aiyuk was the same guy that was in tears like 8 months when the 49ers season was over reminiscing on all the hard work everyone put in to try, and win a SB. If he gets dealt to a place like Pittsburgh, he'll probably get his money, but he's not sniffing a Lombardi. Apparently he wanted to play in Vegas or Washington so maybe it's not that high on his priority list anyway. He can go be the next Alvin Harper languishing in a football wasteland. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Jalen Ramsey did the same thing, and he was represented by the same agency as Aiyuk. 

Pittsburgh probably knows they are his #1 destination and are trying to strong arm us, like we did to Washington for Trent Williams. 

I think the niners are basically signaling to PIT that they need to up their price, or that BA needs to choose one of the other teams. 

They can then say "we agreed to a trade that would have gotten you the contract, what else do you want us to do? Show up and start practicing because we arent budging." 

Basically, they just turned up the pressure on PIT and BA. 

I still cant believe Baltimore is just going to sit on their hands and let one of two division rivals get an X, which they so badly need. 

• Like 1

True. Teammates probably wouldn't look at him the same then. Aiyuk was the same guy that was in tears like 8 months when the 49ers season was over reminiscing on all the hard work everyone put in to try, and win a SB. If he gets dealt to a place like Pittsburgh, he'll probably get his money, but he's not sniffing a Lombardi. Apparently he wanted to play in Vegas or Washington so maybe it's not that high on his priority list anyway. He can go be the next Alvin Harper languishing in a football wasteland. 

Don't be besmirching Alvin. He had his ring. That was 100% the right play 😂 

Man got his ring, got his bag, then got to chill in anonymity