Raider Training Camp 2024

6 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

The thing about Dak is that even if our team got even better we know that the farthest he's ever going to go is the first game of the playoffs because he's already shown that with arguably the most talented team in the NFL

I think Dak is a good QB who can win in the right situation.  The Dallas D is quite overrated as they play well against average and below average teams but come playoff time they get exposed.

Put Dak on the Ravens and I bet he takes them farther than Lamar. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Fields is a bum.  It's quite obvious he can't grasp playing the QB position and any HC/OC would have to severely water down the playbook when he is on the field which no HC/OC wants to do.  That is why all he fetched was 6th rounder.  

What cracks me up is that guys have blinders on for speed at the QB and completely throw out the window that he actually sucks at playing QB.  It's laughable. 

Agree, but he's better than AOC and Minshew. 

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Seeing Minshew/AOC struggle when we could've traded a 4th to move up for JJMC who is balling out just shows how incomptent Mark Davis / Tom Telesco / AP truly are. 

Minnesota was not going to be outbid on McCarthy. 

3 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I'm not paying too much attention to training camp chatter but like I said we had a chance to move up for him and not mortgage the future.  If he turns out to be a good NFL QB our front office will have some explaining to do considering how much of a need Qb is for this franchise.  

JJ should sit for nearly a full season as he is quite raw but as I have said the potential is sure there for him to be a good NFL QB. 

He will start this season and should. He's not as raw as people make out. He just didn't throw the ball 40 times a game and people mistake that for being raw. 

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Minnesota gave up a 4th/5th round pick to move up, Telesco couldn't have outbid that? 

The team isn't serious about competing and as we're seeing in real time, Telesco's first round strategy is sus, QJ in LA looks like he might not even make the roster, lol.

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I think Dak is a good QB who can win in the right situation.  The Dallas D is quite overrated as they play well against average and below average teams but come playoff time they get exposed.

That's the thing the way I see Prescott is that he's the NFC version of Lamar Jackson(not in terms of play style but in terms of impact). They're both guys that are going to do a lot of the regular season but at some point in the playoffs when it's on them and the defense takes away what they would naturally want to do they're not able to contribute.

16 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Agree, but he's better than AOC and Minshew. 

Regardless if he's even better than AOC and Minshew I thought we should've brought him in anyway just due to the fact that he has more arm talent and mobility than both of them allowing us to see who wins the job ultimately. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Dallas organization is a mess. Dak isn’t the 1st talented QB to choked in games the last 20 years. Romo and Bledsoe choked there too.  He probably needs a change of scenery 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

He will start this season and should. He's not as raw as people make out. He just didn't throw the ball 40 times a game and people mistake that for being raw. 

I disagree and don't see the point of starting a 21 year old on a team that has no chance of contention unless you're certain he is ready to handle the complexity and speed of the NFL. 

When you have a 21 year old QB who is raw you are thinking about the next 15 years and should treat the player accordingly.  The worst thing a HC can do is throw him to the wolves too early and ruin him.  I've seen it too many times before.  No doubt Darnold is a compete bum but that is not the point.  I see zero harm in having Darnold start the year while JJ sits and learns. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

That is pure speculation.  Did we even make an offer for him?

If JJ turns out to be a good NFL QB our front office will have to explain themselves as to why they didnt make a play for him.  

I believe we could have traded our 1st and 3rd to move up to grab him.

2 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Dallas organization is a mess. Dak isn’t the 1st talented QB to choked in games the last 20 years. Romo and Bledsoe choked there too.  He probably needs a change of scenery 

Mike McCarthy is not a good HC and I also think the D is a fraud.  Their D is vastly overrated...

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

4 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

That is pure speculation.  Did we even make an offer for him?

If JJ turns out to be a good NFL QB our front office will have to explain themselves as to why they didnt make a play for him.  

I believe we could have traded our 1st and 3rd to move up to grab him.

We could have definitely outbid Minnesota, even if a bidding war started. Watch McCarthy go win multiple Super Bowls. Like picking Fabian Washington over Aaron Rodgers. This franchise is ran by colossal idiots for decades. 

Who cares about “mortgaging the future” people overrate draft capital on here like crazy…. I truly do believe if we had a QB this season we would be a dark horse for the Super Bowl. 

I would have mortgaged it all. 

Edited by Tank4Drake