Steelers 2024 Training Camp Thread

I guess I should expand on why I hate this: I have ZERO trust in the way this coaching staff handles OL at this stage. From Chuks, to Dotson, to Green -- they have failed in coaching, positional skillset, and development. That doesn't mean I think that any or all of them should have become something special, but just upping the draft capital doesn't mean they can't still fail in player development again. 

Since Munchak left, we have very little credibility in offensive line play. We have technically had 4 OL coaches since he left 6 years ago. We went from a team that continually put UDFA's into starting lineups with great success to one that won't even play it's starting left tackle ON THE LEFT SIDE. 

It's just frustrating to see a positional group failed by both scouting and developing decide to end the quest for better at draft day. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

2nd fight in TC today. I know TC fights aren't a big deal but I don't recall very many in Steelers camps. A side effect of the move to Bully Ball?

I understood the one today was 2 players on the fringe trying to make the team.

• Like 2

I’m excited about the running game and all 3 levels of this defense, particularly the second and third levels. We are much better at LB and in the secondary IMO, and with a nasty offensive attitude wherein we control the ball, both sides will complement eachother well. My biggest concern is not the WR position, but how long it will take the OL to gel. I’m not exactly encouraged by the early approach at tackle.

Edited by rlon
  • Like 2