Steelers 2024 Training Camp Thread

7 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Sorry, I can’t post the tweet but did I read Alex Kozora correctly: Moore was first team LT and Jones was its team RT? 

And Russ got the first day off? 

Yes with Herbig at C according to Alan Saunders. From what Chris Carter posted it seemed like Jones spent more time at LT than RT and the Frazier/Herbig split was about even.

43 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Sorry, I can’t post the tweet but did I read Alex Kozora correctly: Moore was first team LT and Jones was its team RT? 

And Russ got the first day off? 

I would wait a week before saying 1st team or 2nd team.  At this point they are throwing this out there just to look and teach

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I would wait a week before saying 1st team or 2nd team.  At this point they are throwing this out there just to look and teach

And I assume the DL not really bringing it. Almost like a walk thru. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Yea. It’s just helmets right now too. When the pads go on things will matter more. 

23 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Most positions I would agree..but you talking about OT which needs to play backwards. If Jones is your LT…play him at LT. Screw over Moore, not Jones - especially when his development is crucial. 

Look at it this way: we drafted 2 LTs in the top 20 in the last two drafts. Both are lining up at RT because of a guy who won’t be here in 7 months. 

• Like 1

Holcomb, Lowery, Patterson are on the PUP

Won't talk about contracts but expects Cam to be around for a 'long time'.

Feels good about the WR room but isn't shut off to looking around and said he's always looking around.

Expected a suspension for Sutton and respects the leagues decision.

Talked about going into the season with the cap room, likes having the flexibility, said it's been a long time, and intends to keep it moving forward.

Due to the cap, he said if there's someone they want to extend, and can extend, they will extend.

Edited by warfelg
  • Like 1

Tomlin wore a white shirt rather than black and that's blowing up in the media.

Omar said there's so many new faces in every department and there's a 'cool vibe' with everything and the new schedule (no 7 shots today) is refreshing.