Steelers 2024 Training Camp Thread

12 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Could we get a quick blurb about the tweets that are linked in here. I just started back at work and they've blocked twitter. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/40849171/justin-fields-adjust-footwork-pittsburgh-steelers

This is a link to the article from tweet that War posted. 

Having twitter blocked at work is rough. Can't even access on mobile?

• Like 1

On 8/13/2024 at 9:52 AM, 43M said:

I wish people would chill out a bit about how our OL looked against the Texans, especially in regards to two very young players who are still adjusting.

Again, I do worry that we may still need a lomg term LT, but I am fully confident both Jones and Fautanu will be good players on our OL for years to come.

What about how are OL looked tonight, specific Broderick Jones? What I saw is a red flag, either be it due to health or competence.

42 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Wilson has been practicing with the 1’s for a week. Anyone who expected better should lose their job. 

this team needs to win games early in the schedule .  How long do you expect wilson to get near 'decent' by his standard at his juncture in his career on this team?

I would think at least 3  weeks healthy regular season ,  but if the OL is  a problem, this could take a while for either QB.

https://x.com/alex_kozora/status/1825610297601831205?s=46&t=xd5QJpZuXv2k7qD0xqd6aA

My 2 cents on Broderick Jones. 

1. Elbow injury/bulky brace clearly bothering him
2. Punch is ineffective & inaccurate. Hands too high, wide, chest exposed
3. Using 2-hand punch instead of independent hands b/c of injury & hands get knocked down

Moving him to LT doesn't fix it.

Bold is my own doing. 

2 minutes ago, warfelg said:

3. Using 2-hand punch instead of independent hands b/c of injury & hands get knocked down

Did he struggle with these things last year?

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

https://x.com/alex_kozora/status/1825610297601831205?s=46&t=xd5QJpZuXv2k7qD0xqd6aA

My 2 cents on Broderick Jones. 

1. Elbow injury/bulky brace clearly bothering him

Moving him to LT doesn't fix it.

Bold is my own doing. 

how about letting someone else play and let jones heal ? Why risk making injury worse if he is having issues now.

Let Anderson or Cook have a try?

In hopeful minds, the team has lost both starting OT's to start the season.  Not the injury report they were expecting but there it is. 

Moore has been decent, he is at LT, who do you favour to be RT until Jones is healthy?