Steelers 2024 Training Camp Thread

10 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Maybe they are grooming our first round OT to be our long term swing tackle 🙄

I agree, it’s weird and I don’t think you’re overreacting. I also saw I think maybe it was Kozora say that Frazier has been struggling with bull rushes from Fehoko and bigger DTs in general while Herbig has been impressive. It’s early, and I’m not overreacting to that one report, but still not great. This line needs as much continuity as going into the season as it can get.

If Jones is the only one taking a majority of reps with 1st and 2nd team he’s taking more reps in live fire than anyone.

1 minute ago, bigben07MVP said:

https://x.com/alex_kozora/status/1818805592552595810?s=46&t=qcRuXjH2St1oLeP8Aph7Og

In better news, it’s been a steady drum beat of positive reports on McCormick. Could be looking at your starting RG in 2025, a much cheaper option than James Daniels.

I love that he was the one to get in Roberts face after the hit on Fields yesterday. Also sounds like Anderson has been really improved too as he stepped in the day Semu was out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, warfelg said:

I feel like you are making too much out of it. The battle is really can Troy be good enough to start. If he is that moves Jones to LT and Moore to the bench. If he’s not Moore stays at the only OT position he can play and Jones is at RT.

But you understand what that does to delaying Jones development, right? Is it more important that Jones be good at both or great at 1? Switching sides of the line isn’t that easy…playing BOTH doesn’t enhance development at one  

If it’s about Troy’s preparedness..why not keep Jones at RT and Troy at LT and take over for Moore when ready? If the answer is because “who plays RT if Jones gets injured” that’s the ding-ding-ding for why the roster is flawed against the development of our top draft pick for the sake of satisfying future free agent Dan Moore. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, warfelg said:

If Jones is the only one taking a majority of reps with 1st and 2nd team he’s taking more reps in live fire than anyone.

Is it as simple as preparing for if Fu goes down Jones moves to RT and Moore to LT?

23 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Beanie Bishop has all but locked down NCB

Is this because he's the best option of a poor group or has he shined? I've read positive reports but I haven't seen a lot of film. 

1 minute ago, Chieferific said:

Is it as simple as preparing for if Fu goes down Jones moves to RT and Moore to LT?

Most likely. There’s a lot of chatter that if Moore was a FA he’d get a bigger deal than most Steeler fans think, but as a trade asset he isn’t worth much because teams know we drafted two talented early round guys, and his positional inflexibility hurts his chances of staying. 

2 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

Is this because he's the best option of a poor group or has he shined? I've read positive reports but I haven't seen a lot of film. 

Both most likely.