CeeDee Watch / TC conclusion / Bland out 6-8 weeks / Cut down time

textaz03

Cowboys love to make all the cuts at the last minute, so Tuesday will be interesting to watch on how they build the roster. 

how many WR’s they keep? 5 or 6

how many RB’s? 3 or 4

will they make a trade for a DB? Maybe a RB? 

1 minute ago, textaz03 said:

Cowboys love to make all the cuts at the last minute, so Tuesday will be interesting to watch on how they build the roster. 

how many WR’s they keep? 5 or 6

how many RB’s? 3 or 4

will they make a trade for a DB? Maybe a RB? 

A little late to trade for CB or RB and expect to improve who we have in depth at those spots unless it is a major trade with a high level player. 
I am thinking 6 wr and 4 RB. Though we might shock and keep 5 RB with Luepke

Lance is a cut. He sucks! I will openly admit that I championed this guy last year over Prescott. While I still believe Prescott lacks Poise and that is his downfall, he is light years ahead of Lance. 

This team will go as far as Prescott takes them and that had been no further than a Div round loss.

But I'm done with Lance.

1 hour ago, Rtnldave said:

Lance is a cut. He sucks! I will openly admit that I championed this guy last year over Prescott. While I still believe Prescott lacks Poise and that is his downfall, he is light years ahead of Lance. 

This team will go as far as Prescott takes them and that had been no further than a Div round loss.

But I'm done with Lance.

Jerruh reiterating today after the game that Lance will make the team. 

Well here we go may the cuts begin. Not sure abiut this team now at all the Brand injury really is a huge blow.  More so than the Diggs.    My main concern is I was really dismayed at the play of back ups.   We are really outing a ton of pressure on a lot of new people to perform at a high level

1 hour ago, quiller said:

Well here we go may the cuts begin. Not sure abiut this team now at all the Brand injury really is a huge blow.  More so than the Diggs.    My main concern is I was really dismayed at the play of back ups.   We are really outing a ton of pressure on a lot of new people to perform at a high level

You understand that’s what happens when one player accounts for over 20% of a 53 player salary cap, right?  That player is expected to overcome roster deficits.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

You understand that’s what happens when one player accounts for over 20% of a 53 player salary cap, right?  That player is expected to overcome roster deficits.  

No...this is what happens when you have someone who thinks they know football running a football team. 

They absolutely could have made some moves to bring in outside help but they'd rather play it cheap and hope it works, but if it doesn't they'll blame Dak (just like they blamed Romo) and still rake in billions in profits thanks to fair weather fans. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, textaz03 said:

Jerruh reiterating today after the game that Lance will make the team. 

And that's why we haven't won a damn thing in 30 years. You know, if there ever was or will be a time machine, I would love to go back to 1995 and tell myself then, "Soak it up kid, because you won't see this again for the next 30 years." And then see the expression on my face. I think I would laugh future me right off the face of the planet.

But here we are.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, D82 said:

No...this is what happens when you have someone who thinks they know football running a football team. 

They absolutely could have made some moves to bring in outside help but they'd rather play it cheap and hope it works, but if it doesn't they'll blame Dak (just like they blamed Romo) and still rake in billions in profits thanks to fair weather fans. 

I'll always be a fan of the team on the field but it gets harder with each passing year to take Jerry seriously.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Northland said:

I'll always be a fan of the team on the field but it gets harder with each passing year to take Jerry seriously.

Why I basically renounced my fanship. The team will never go anywhere so long as Jerry and/or Stephen are in control.

8 hours ago, D82 said:

No offense, but posts like this really demonstrate the lack of education when it comes to salary cap and player management.  We’ve been hearing all offseason how cheap Jerry is and how he should bring in free agents, pay Dak, pay CD, and pay Micah.  Here’s the truth bomb… Jerry is not cheap.  In fact, just the opposite is true.  Jerry was too effing generous.  Jerry is so effing generous that he has ALREADY paid out $65 million of next year’s cap to players who are free agents.  Think about this… over 25% of next year’s cap is paying players for their past performance.  In other words… the players have already been paid.  Jerry’s bill is just coming due this year and next year.

The truth is that for the past 4 years… Jerry has maximized the salary cap every year by continuing to defer money down the road.  He overpaid to keep players.  Jerry is not cheap.  Dak just shizzes the bed come playoff time every year.  

19 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

No offense, but posts like this really demonstrate the lack of education when it comes to salary cap and player management.  We’ve been hearing all offseason how cheap Jerry is and how he should bring in free agents, pay Dak, pay CD, and pay Micah.  Here’s the truth bomb… Jerry is not cheap.  In fact, just the opposite is true.  Jerry was too effing generous.  Jerry is so effing generous that he has ALREADY paid out $65 million of next year’s cap to players who are free agents.  Think about this… over 25% of next year’s cap is paying players for their past performance.  In other words… the players have already been paid.  Jerry’s bill is just coming due this year and next year.

The truth is that for the past 4 years… Jerry has maximized the salary cap every year by continuing to defer money down the road.  He overpaid to keep players.  Jerry is not cheap.  Dak just shizzes the bed come playoff time every year.  

The Eagles are paying over twice as much in dead money as the Cowboys this season but still resigned multiple key starters and brought in 3+ in F/A. The Cowboys are bottom 10 in the NFL in dead money and have three huge deals to get done still. None of them are currently done. 

Jerry is cheap. It’s just a fact. You guys still will be a good team, but you had a window you could have slammed wide open and they simply didn’t. 

• Like 1