Around the League 2024

textaz03

Remember the Commanders are in “the dark ages” because they didn’t sign Howell the year he was 12th in passing yards. They instead traded him for a 3rd and a 5th and drafted a blue chipper. A lot of people in here wouldn’t have the spit to do it.  

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

Remember the Commanders are in “the dark ages” because they didn’t sign Howell the year he was 12th in passing yards. They instead traded him for a 3rd and a 5th and drafted a blue chipper. A lot of people in here wouldn’t have the spit to do it.  

I'm already thinking about what QB's will be available in the 2025 draft.  That's where my head is at.

I will wait and see how things progress.   I would say Wash has not really beaten a top half team but you could say the same about us. Philly least has a win over a team at 500.    Let us see how Wash handles the game At Balt.  They should beat Cleveland.  

2 hours ago, Northland said:

I'm already thinking about what QB's will be available in the 2025 draft.  That's where my head is at.

I just love how everyone jumps on fix the O they are holding us back when the D routinely gives up 49 points a game and has already this year had three games without forcing a punt in the first half.

11 hours ago, HDsportsfan said:

You're so cute.

If you get a chance to draft a generational QB you do it.  You don't hope that someone is there when your current QB's contract is up.  You have to at least evaluate the opportunity.

Edited by Northland

8 hours ago, quiller said:

I just love how everyone jumps on fix the O they are holding us back when the D routinely gives up 49 points a game and has already this year had three games without forcing a punt in the first half.

If a top tier, generational QB is on the board I take him vs gambling that one will be there when Daks contract is in its final year or over.  It's not about fix the O or fix the D it's about taking the best player available. If that's a QB so be it. It is a fairly important position.You can be proactive or reactive.  

7 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

FIFY. 

WH I think Dallas is crashing and burning this season resulting in a very high draft pick.  Use whatever adjective you want, but if a top tier QB is sitting there his selection has to be considered.  It's not a shot against Dak or the offense.  It's being proactive.  How often will a team be in a spot to address the most important position on the field and ensure a smooth transition?  Dak can't play forever.

13 hours ago, quiller said:

Couple things to address here. First, the offense is where the money is. We are supposed to survive on a high octane offense, and “make do” on defense with a bunch of guys on rookie deals, and bargain FAs. Next year Dak and Lambs AAV is almost $20M more than the entire defense is set to make. So obviously the struggles on offense are more egregious. 

Secondly, The Cowboys have elected to receive the ball in 3 of the first 4 games. The yardage total of those first three drives?

Browns -1

Ravens 13

Giants 5

Putting your under-invested in defense in bad spots to start the game is not a winning formula. 

18 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I’d trade Cooper Rush for a 3rd and 5th in a hot second.