2024 Eagles Training Camp

It would definitely be nice if the Eagles trade for a legitimate #3 WR.  We would be in a tough spot if AJ or Smitty were to go down for an extended period of time bc I don't see anyone on the roster that is ready to step in if that scenario plays out.  Covey honestly looks like the best #3 option atm, but I imagine if the season were to start today he and Wilson would share that role depending on package and situation.  I don't feel good about either of them having to start in 12 personnel or both be on the field in 11 personnel.  

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

It would definitely be nice if the Eagles trade for a legitimate #3 WR.  We would be in a tough spot if AJ or Smitty were to go down for an extended period of time bc I don't see anyone on the roster that is ready to step in if that scenario plays out.  Covey honestly looks like the best #3 option atm, but I imagine if the season were to start today he and Wilson would share that role depending on package and situation.  I don't feel good about either of them having to start in 12 personnel or both be on the field in 11 personnel.  

I could definitely see a trade around roster cut times. Either the Eagles will sign a player who has been cut or identify a player who will be cut and they do a pick swap/trade a late round pick for a capable WR3. I agree they are too heavy at WR and although Covey has really grown on me as an overall player, I'm not comfortable with him, Wilson or any other player stepping into a starting role for any significant amount of time. I'm curious to see which WRs become available over the next couple of weeks. 

Are you guys trying to find a Starting caliber WR in case of injury or a #3 Slot WR? I mean seriously,  who? Becuase if that WR doesn't  play out of the slot, its a wasted roster spot? Are we talking Michael Thomas type players? A Julio type addition from last year? That kind of WR?

Legit starting WR's don't grow on tree's. When those players get hurt, most teams in fact damn near all suffer. You can't replace Tyreek? JJ?, Lamb? Adams? ASB? Chase?

Bengals might be in the best position with 3 WR but let's be real, no one is replacing Jamar Chase's numbers? Stepping into his role?

We're sitting here with the best  or 2nd best WR duo in the league behind Miami. If either player goes down, no one is replacing that player. 

All of that said , I'm sure Howie is watching roster cuts. Looking for potential adds. Especially if any of them have potential ties to either Moore or Sirianni offenses making the transition easier.

I mean look at this list of FA available right now and tell me who you'd want? Especially as a injury replacement for AB/Smitty? Just not seeing it?

Renfro, Thomas, Schuster,  Agnew, Cobb, Goodwin? 🙈

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/_/year/2024/position/wr/sort/contract_value

Edited by Nabbs4u

7 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Are you guys trying to find a Starting caliber WR in case of injury or a #3 Slot WR? I mean seriously,  who? Becuase if that WR doesn't  play out of the slot, its a wasted roster spot? Are we talking Michael Thomas type players? A Julio type addition from last year? That kind of WR?

Legit starting WR's don't grow on tree's. When those players get hurt, most teams in fact damn near all suffer. You can't replace Tyreek? JJ?, Lamb? Adams? ASB? Chase?

Bengals might be in the best position with 3 WR but let's be real, no one is replacing Jamar Chase's numbers? Stepping into his role?

We're sitting here with the best  or 2nd best WR duo in the league behind Miami. If either player goes down, no one is replacing that player. 

All of that said , I'm sure Howie is watching roster cuts. Looking for potential adds. Especially if any of them have potential ties to either Moore or Sirianni offenses making the transition easier.

I mean look at this list of FA available right now and tell me who you'd want? Especially as a injury replacement for AB/Smitty? Just not seeing it?

Renfro, Thomas, Schuster,  Agnew, Cobb, Goodwin? 🙈

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/_/year/2024/position/wr/sort/contract_value

Bro a lot of the time it's gonna be Smitty or AJ in the slot.  They need another receiver.  Wilson and Covey are fine, but they need a legitimate #3 that they can lean on.

Just now, CasperX22 said:

Bro a lot of the time it's gonna be Smitty or AJ in the slot.  They need another receiver.  Wilson and Covey are fine, but they need a legitimate #3 that they can lean on.

I just don't see any player getting significant targets as the 5th option. Whether "Starting outside" or not.

AJ-Smitty-Goedert-Saquon

That's assuming Hurts himself running isn't option #5. 

Given Moores history I think our WR 3, is going to Dallas Goedert. 

Just read a Kempski article about how the Eagles need to add a competent, reliable WR3 and I couldn't agree more. There's a lot of snaps to be played from that spot.  Trading for Noah Brown would be ideal imo. Can play inside and out, has experience with Kellen Moore. Wouldn't cost much. Thielen, Lockett, Burks, and Metchie would be nice too. Lockett might cost a bit. Other guys should be cheap to very cheap.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Just read a Kempski article about how the Eagles need to add a competent, reliable WR3 and I couldn't agree more. There's a lot of snaps to be played from that spot.  Trading for Noah Brown would be ideal imo. Can play inside and out, has experience with Kellen Moore. Wouldn't cost much. Thielen, Lockett, Burks, and Metchie would be nice too. Lockett might cost a bit. Other guys should be cheap to very cheap.

Yep not to mention let's say AJ goes down with an injury; are we really that comfortable with Smitty-Wilson-Covey being the starting trio? Could we trade for someone if that were to happen? Sure, but why not protect yourself against it before that scenario presents itself.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

I just don't see any player getting significant targets as the 5th option. Whether "Starting outside" or not.

AJ-Smitty-Goedert-Saquon

That's assuming Hurts himself running isn't option #5. 

Given Moores history I think our WR 3, is going to Dallas Goedert. 

You missed the point entirely.  

• Like 1