2024 Eagles Training Camp

1 hour ago, Last Stand said:

We need a legit 3rd receiver no question. I’m not sure there’s anyone that I’d trade for.

Is John Metchie still out there?

he’d be fine I think

I mean there will be some decent options available.  The Texans seem like a good candidate for a good ol fashioned football trade.  They have a ton of depth at WR.  Maybe we trade a roster bubble guy in the secondary or OL for one of Brown, Metchie, or Woods? I think a few of us are on the same page here looking at the Texans and seeing a potential trade partner.

3 hours ago, CasperX22 said:

I mean there will be some decent options available.  The Texans seem like a good candidate for a good ol fashioned football trade.  They have a ton of depth at WR.  Maybe we trade a roster bubble guy in the secondary or OL for one of Brown, Metchie, or Woods? I think a few of us are on the same page here looking at the Texans and seeing a potential trade partner.

Yeah the Texans seem to be the most obvious place to try to find a trade partner. Really somebody on the level of Noah Brown would be fine. This issue with the depth behind Brown and Smith is that Covey and Wilson are both two extreme ends of the spectrum when it comes to size. Covey can only really play the slot and Wilson is a rookie with almost unprecedented size at the position and will be trying to learn how fit in. Neither Covey nor Wilson have really any experience playing WR at the NFL level. A guy in Robert Woods' mold would be ideal but I don't if Woods himself has anything left. 

There is nothing behind Goedert and Calcaterra at TE and I'd imagine they want to carry more than two TEs so that's a spot they will probably want to address as well 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Folesadelphia said:

Neither Covey nor Wilson have really any experience playing WR at the NFL level. A guy in Robert Woods' mold would be ideal but I don't if Woods himself has anything left. 

Kinda the point IMO to this discussion? How in TF is a traded player who is most likely about to be Cut. Not worthy of the #6 role in the Texans offense supposedly but OUR answer as a legit #3 option? Legit don't understand the logic behind that thought process, sorry? Texans "suck"....therefore he should be good as a Eagle? They are so loaded 1-7, he's expendable?????

If any player is worth trading, he's NOT worth keeping as 1 of the top 6 options with his current team? 

Edited by Nabbs4u

Good to see the defense doing well. That is a concern I have with them.

I'm still worried how we'll do on that regard given our current set of LBs and EDGEs since Fangio uses a lot of light boxes, that is most likely to be a weakness this season. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Kinda the point IMO to this discussion? How in TF is a traded player who is most likely about to be Cut. Not worthy of the #6 role in the Texans offense supposedly but OUR answer as a legit #3 option? Legit don't understand the logic behind that thought process, sorry? Texans "suck"....therefore he should be good as a Eagle? They are so loaded 1-7, he's expendable?????

If any player is worth trading, he's NOT worth keeping as 1 of the top 6 options with his current team? 

Are you really this dense? The Texans have Diggs, Collins and Dell.  Just 1 example, but Brown had a couple 100 yard games when he was asked to fill in due to injuries.  Why would you not want someone like that for let's say Bradberry or Ricks who may not make the team?  The Eagles need another WR because nobody outside of Wilson or Covey have shown anything behind AJ and Smitty.  Campbell and Ross should both be on the chopping block.

On that note, TE is also an underreported need.  Calcaterra has a stranglehold on the TE2 position, but nobody behind Calcaterra has shown anything.  Moore is likely to get TE's more involved than we've been used to the past couple years, so a TE3 is needed.  Albert O flat sucks and time to give up that experiment and Uzomah is completely cooked.  McCastles looked like he was outplaying both before getting injured and literally every nobody TE on the roster has shown more than those 2.  

3 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

Are you really this dense? The Texans have Diggs, Collins and Dell.  Just 1 example, but Brown had a couple 100 yard games when he was asked to fill in due to injuries.  Why would you not want someone like that for let's say Bradberry or Ricks who may not make the team?  The Eagles need another WR because nobody outside of Wilson or Covey have shown anything behind AJ and Smitty.  Campbell and Ross should both be on the chopping block.

Brown could be like a Zach Pascal for us. A possession WR who is a good blocker that probably will see the occasional target or two.

I’d be worried about Woods being cooked, but maybe he still has a little something left.

I don’t pay attention to Texans camp news obviously, but when I’ve searched up Metchie’s name I’ve seen them talking about his drops a lot.

4 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

On that note, TE is also an underreported need.  Calcaterra has a stranglehold on the TE2 position, but nobody behind Calcaterra has shown anything.  Moore is likely to get TE's more involved than we've been used to the past couple years, so a TE3 is needed.  Albert O flat sucks and time to give up that experiment and Uzomah is completely cooked.  McCastles looked like he was outplaying both before getting injured and literally every nobody TE on the roster has shown more than those 2.  

Yeah, that injury to McCastles sucked. I thought he could potentially sneak onto the 53 as TE3. Not sure we’ll trade for a depth TE. I’m guessing we’ll wait for cut downs.