2024 Eagles Training Camp

27 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Of course, but with Becton the OL is massive which was my main point. Should be pushing people around if they are unleashed. 

AZ , I get it from a pure "weight perspective" but wasn't that Steen's greatest strength as well? Run Blocking? 

I mean Steen is 6'6" 321lb, just saying. Becton 6'7".

3 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

Might be tough getting the game in tonight looking at this doppler weather. Nothing but thunderstorms.

Probably explains why the Offensive starters aren't playing again? No reason to risk injury in bad elements. 

Here's hoping NO ONE gets injured. 🤞

Edited by Nabbs4u

7 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Probably explains why the Offensive starters aren't playing again? No reason to risk injury in bad elements. 

Here's hoping NO ONE gets injured. 🤞

There was no chance they were going to play the starter on offense anyway.  They got to see what they wanted to in the joint practice.  The only real competitions on offense are RG and WR3 anyway, so no reason to put your stars at risk.  Not a whole lot of reason to play any of the vets on defense either.  It's all about the camp battles tonight and the roster should be mostly settled after tonight.

9 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

AZ , I get it from a pure "weight perspective" but wasn't that Steen's greatest strength as well? Run Blocking? 

I mean Steen is 6'6" 321lb, just saying. Becton 6'7".

I mean ya weight and height. Every Olineman is large but Becton is just a massive human. As are Mailata and Dickerson. Lane would be the smallest of the four at 6’6 310 which is absurd. 

I only care about letting the best guys play but Steen’s injury opened the door for Becton who has performed according to reports. Might be the biggest OL in the league barring Jurgens who is still larger than Kelce was. 

So obviously there is a difference from the Teacher and the Pupil. Master and Apprentice. 

The more I listen to these players PC post practice, post game ,ect...., it's becoming clearer to me at least that there is actually a Massive difference in philosophy/approach from a Vic Fangio coached defense and  a Sean Desai?

I would of thought as a deciple Sean Desai's defense would of been very similar to Fangio's? However when you hear players talk like Mailata and Dean (yesterday's PC) it seems they both are polar opposites? These players seem genuinely surprised and excited about the change? Why ?

As eager as I am to see a different Offensive philosophy and approach by Moore I'm just as curious how this defense is going to look not only schematically but with Vic's play calling , in game adjustments and this teams overall execution on the field?

Curious how many if any teams we simply catch off guard the 1st month or two of the season because they literally have no clue what to expect on either side of the ball? Have nothing of substance to game plan off? Just previous teams/tendencies with way different personnel?

Edited by Nabbs4u

On 8/9/2024 at 5:08 PM, Nabbs4u said:

Still grasping but OK. They went off script because they did not like the play call BJ sent in. Once again,  he was the play caller not Sirianni. 

At no point last season did I see Sirianni denote Brian and take over play calling duties, did you?

Therefore any and ALL changes to those calls, whether audibles at the line or in the huddle were because of Johnson, not Sirianni.

Talk about grasping.   Yeesh.  Delusional too.