Around the League 2024

dll2000

On 8/5/2024 at 9:57 PM, chisoxguy7 said:

Don't forget birthing as many children as possible (preferably boys)

/satire

And if she can’t accomplish that…? Off with her head 

• Like 1

On 8/7/2024 at 11:40 PM, AZBearsFan said:

To be clear, the best case scenario for PIT is that the 25-year old Fields wins the job on merit and not by default over the nearly 36-year old Wilson. They’d gladly pay us the 4th next year instead of the 6th if it meant Justin established himself as their QB of the future. They’re paying Wilson the league minimum, and he’s a stop gap at best. 

I care about a 4th much much less than I care about seeing the kid going off and having success elsewhere. Would be happy if he turned it around and became their franchise guy. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

I care about a 4th much much less than I care about seeing the kid going off and having success elsewhere. Would be happy if he turned it around and became their franchise guy. 

I care about the 4th.  And I don't care if Pitt is happy about it or not.

I will be glad for Justin if he finds success there.  I wouldn't have been shocked if he beat Wilson straight up, but it certainly helps that Wilson got hurt.  

The things that upset me is way we developed Mitch and Fields.    

Mitch, it seems to me, at this point simply lacks talent to be anything but a journeyman QB or a low end starting QB in NFL.  Even if he was developed perfectly.  But we still did it as jacked as possible.  

Justin has top end talent (aside from a slow delivery), but what remains to be seen still is acceptable processing speed.  His decision making was often atrocious in Chicago.

Pitt is a historically great org.  See if they can fix him.

2 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

This is not wide open.  The safety is baiting you.

He is playing it a little too loose.  A QB with a gun could still get it in there.

My coaching point (me personally not official coverage rules) for CB.   I would tell my guys to go ahead and stay with him (in this situation).  Carry him out of your zone.  

My thinking is what is point of letting him go when no one else entered your zone or is going to?  I was always against covering grass.  You don't cover grass, you cover men (or boys).

It is different on a roll out because of threat of QB run.  If he leaves your zone go attack QB.

I want my zone coverage to turn into man coverage as quickly as possible.  Once man enters your zone it is now man unless he leaves AND another man is entering.   Accurate QBs will chew you up standing in imaginary grass squares.  They aren't throwing ball to you.  They are throwing it to their guy.  You standing in middle of nowhere doesn't help.

54 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

2 sacks, 2 fumbled snaps and a few great throws all leading to 0 points on 3 drives. He’s back! 

He's H1M baby!!!

Of H2M, now? HIIM with Roman numerals? Idk how to work this one.

12 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

2 sacks, 2 fumbled snaps and a few great throws all leading to 0 points on 3 drives. He’s back! 

LOL.  In fairness he was executing a nice looking drive when a first down was taken away on a catch that was called not a catch.  That was not challenged for some reason.

22 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Bears fans of old: get him! Offer 2 firsts and whatever else, just get it done. 
real trade: bills trade a 2026 4th for lamb. 
bears fans: why didn’t we make that offer 

glad we’re not currently in that anymore 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Sums it up perfectly.

Wonder if he peppers in enough splash plays for Steelers fans to fanboy him or if theyll hate him the chronic disappointing plays. Im still pulling for him, don’t care about a 4th v 6th. 

23 hours ago, dll2000 said:

LOL.  In fairness he was executing a nice looking drive when a first down was taken away on a catch that was called not a catch.  That was not challenged for some reason.

I know. But it’s always been something when it comes to Fields. This around him wasn’t enough or something didn’t go his way that could have. His whole career so far has been a series of what ifs and but ifs. I love Fields and want nothing but success for him but at some point the buck has to stop with him too. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AZBearsFan said:

I know. But it’s always been something when it comes to Fields. This around him wasn’t enough or something didn’t go his way that could have. His whole career so far has been a series of what ifs and but ifs. I love Fields and want nothing but success for him but at some point the buck has to stop with him too. 

Yup.  

It’s a real hard mirror moment when one realizes you are common denominator in center of a bunch of problems with multiple different people. 

• Like 1