Around the League 2024

dll2000

I refuse to commiserate with any NFCN team or fan.  We've had it shoved up our ***** for so long I hope that Jordan Love comes back to earth, Sam Darnold sucks, and Jared Goff turns back into the pumpkin he was in LA.  We paid our dues and now it's time for us to have the best QB in the NFCN.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, soulman said:

I refuse to commiserate with any NFCN team or fan.  We've had it shoved up our ***** for so long I hope that Jordan Love comes back to earth, Sam Darnold sucks, and Jared Goff turns back into the pumpkin he was in LA.  We paid our dues and now it's time for us to have the best QB in the NFCN.

I’m with you, but I hedged on Darnold with a small bet on him to win Comeback Player of the Year at 20-1. If KOC makes him good at least I’ll have a good chance to get paid lol. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, soulman said:

I said MIN... you won't hear me giving gentle pats on the back to GB if Love gets bad.  I'll happily drive up to Antioch or whatever and throw rocks over the border.  Honestly it would take DECADES to have the same feeling about GB, let's hope that happens.  I did find myself wondering if the Lions make the SB if I would cheer for them.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

I said MIN... you won't hear me giving gentle pats on the back to GB if Love gets bad.  I'll happily drive up to Antioch or whatever and throw rocks over the border.  Honestly it would take DECADES to have the same feeling about GB, let's hope that happens.  I did find myself wondering if the Lions make the SB if I would cheer for them.  

I don’t hold any grudges with the Lions like I do with GB and MIN, though that may be because they’ve been bottom dwellers most of my life. I’ll be curious to see how the fan dynamic changes between us and GB fans if CW is a fully legit franchise QB though.

Most Packer fans with whom we interact here have never known a Packers team without a franchise QB, and we certainly haven’t had our own. If we both have one, will there be more respect coming south from Green Bay followers about it? I think Bears fans for the most part, while hating most things Packers and their Waste Management colored uniforms, greatly respect the product that GB has put out there under center the past few decades. Rodgers is a conspiracy theorizing loon and apparently an a-hole to basically everyone, and Favre was a pill popping **** pic sender who grew up to steal from poor people to build his daughter a gym, but on the field they’re really good, and most on our side of the equation have always acknowledged that. I’d love to find out if that becomes a two way street. 

Edited by AZBearsFan
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

and Favre was a pill popping **** pic sender who grew up to steal from poor people to build his daughter a gym,

This might be one of the best single lines I've ever read on this website.  

Good post overall but that one is going to live in my memory forever 

• Like 2

Our first opponent.  I think most Bears fans are sleeping on Titans and penciling in a win.   They really added a lot of new starters this offseason.

Plus JC Latham, Calvin Ridley, and Tyler Boyd.  

It isn't going to be easy.  Simmons is going to be a problem.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Our first opponent.  I think most Bears fans are sleeping on Titans and penciling in a win.   They really added a lot of new starters this offseason.

I still think we win.  But it will be close.

4 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I think most look at Levis and think it will be much easier due to him. I'm not a fan of Levis but I do think he should be better than last year at least. I don't think he is a legit starter.

We will see.

18 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I’m with you, but I hedged on Darnold with a small bet on him to win Comeback Player of the Year at 20-1. If KOC makes him good at least I’ll have a good chance to get paid lol. 

LOL.....then I'll pull for you to win your wager.

I'm not much of a gambler myself but my roommate loves to bet via the sports books and having once worked in one and he's very good at it.  His forte and first love is college football which I find really difficult to predict given the crazy point spreads for some games.  He doesn't follow the NFL like I do so he'll often ask me about NFL games and bets which despite the "any given Sunday" adage are to me far easier to predict.  I get hunches every so often that turn out well but I'm seldom sure enough to bet them.

18 hours ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Having lived in GB for so long and having both close friends and family who are avid Packer fans I've never been able to hate them as some Bears fans have.  That said I've been able to develop a pretty deep dislike for a guy like Aaron Rodgers who acts more like an arrogant adolescent than an adult.  I think the guy has something seriously wrong with his head.  Didn't like Favre either but for much different reasons.  But both are/were serious prima donas and I always have a problem with that kind of a narcissistic personality.

2 hours ago, CBears019 said:

Allen Robinson got cut from the Giants and is now on Detroits PS.  Bet he wishes he took that $85m a few years ago from the Bears.

I don't often laugh at other's misfortune, but when it is self inflicted I ABSOLUTELY do. ARob's effort was his biggest issue since his last year here and it cost him a ****-ton of money. 

• Like 1