2024 Commanders Transaction/Roster Move Tracker

30 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I would be a little surprised if they cut him…who else would they keep? It would be a little goofy to keep an old guy like McNichols as RB3 on a team that’s not going anywhere.

I think having Ekeler makes it easier to keep Rodríguez, because Ek is going to handle all the “3rd down” type reps — you can deal with having a guy who mostly just backs up Robinson as a primary ball-carrier type.

I guess it’s possible someone will get cut from other teams that they’d like more. But for now, I’d be a little surprised if they keep any of the dudes on our roster over him. 

I don't know what to think of where CRod is with this coaching staff. He didn't play much in the preseason despite at best being RB3, so you'd think he’d be playing a quarter to a half in each game of the preseason. 

With Michael Wylie & Kaz Allen playing so much this preseason I think Kingsbury was trying to find a guy more like Ekeler rather than a guy like BRob to be the 3rd RB for if Ekeler gets hurt and bc I think Quinn is also going to want that 3rd RB to be our kickoff returner. 

I could see Kaz Allen or Michael Wylie being the 3rd RB and kick returner while Rodriguez is either traded or cut while they hope to put him on the practice squad.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

It’s true but, the Jets also cut him and he was catching balls from A-Rod this offseason

He was in Jacksonville. He would be a 4th or 5th receiver on this team 

Edited by ARTMONK HOF

2 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

He was in Jacksonville. He would be a 4th or 5th receiver on this team 

Oh ok. For me, I’d rather role with McCaffery as our #4 - who may even be our #3 or 2 by the end of the season - Crowder as the #5 & either Tremane or Kaz Allen as the 6th WR/special teams guy.

Edited by turtle28

6 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Oh ok. For me, I’d rather role with McCaffery as our #4 - who may even be our #3 or 2 by the end of the season - Crowder as the #5 & either Tremane or Kaz Allen as the 6th WR/special teams guy.

Zaccheaus , Tremayne ? Cuts?

14 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Wow! Nothing to write home about. First year of a rebuild, I guess this is what you get. I know you might not want to sign big FA but give JD some help. I’m open to anyone possibly being cut. 

2 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Zaccheaus , Tremayne ? Cuts?

No, I’m in a discussion with Art about signing Mims, I don't think it's worth it bc he hasn't even been as good as Dyami Brown so far in his career. Rather than sign Mims who’s been a bust, I'd rather sign just roll with the guys in house.

2 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Wow! Nothing to write home about. First year of a rebuild, I guess this is what you get. I know you might not want to sign big FA but give JD some help. I’m open to anyone possibly being cut. 

I’m open to signing anyone if they are going to improve the team and be an upgrade or perceived upgrade over what we have on the team already. I don't think Mims is that guy. He hasn't even shown as much as Dyami.

52 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I’m open to signing anyone if they are going to improve the team and be an upgrade or perceived upgrade over what we have on the team already. I don't think Mims is that guy. He hasn't even shown as much as Dyami.

I said I’m open. I’m not pushing Mims. 

• Like 1

I think this will be some more purging of Ron's roster

Cole Turner

Jamin Davis

Chris Rodriquez

Braeden Daniels

Darrick Forrest

I think there's a chance Ricky Stromberg gets cut as well which would really suck. 

From Standig's post above, some notes:

He expects 3 QBs including Driskel.

4 running backs with Wiley & Kazmeir Allen listed at RB.

5 WRs including Pringle.

9 O-line including Scott, Paul, Deiter

10 Dlinemen including Henry, JJB, Ridgeway. To @turtle28's point he does mention: "How many edge rushers will Washington keep? Will Newton’s spring and summer absences lead to holding onto a fifth defensive tackle? Answer these questions, and you’ll have a better sense of the initial makeup of this room."

6 corners including Noah and Chig

6 safeties including Butler, Hampton, Reaves and Owens.