Potential Aiyuk Trade Talk

10 hours ago, rlon said:

If they are 500 or below in their first 8 games, they are in a world of trouble, my opinion…

are there pro ready sure fire picks at QB in the draft in 25 and how many?  

or will they keep Fields (my expectation) ?

Wilson won't be here unless he has a really good season and the team makes playoffs and wins a game or 2.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 3rivers said:

are there pro ready sure fire picks at QB in the draft in 25 and how many?  

or will they keep Fields (my expectation) ?

Wilson won't be here unless he has a really good season and the team makes playoffs and wins a game or 2.   

You should make a new thread for this stuff. This topic is supposed to be for the potential Aiyuk trade. Nothing wrong with getting a few new topics going. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

You should make a new thread for this stuff. This topic is supposed to be for the potential Aiyuk trade. Nothing wrong with getting a few new topics going. 

I got  sidetracked here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skywlker32 said:

No new info from what I see.

why would Aiyuk sign here over a legit SB team?  I don't see it happening , just waiting for this to be over with

then waiting for the season to be over with

then wait 3 more years for tomlin to be gone finally but by then TJ and Minkah will be about done

5 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

why would Aiyuk sign here over a legit SB team?  I don't see it happening , just waiting for this to be over with

then waiting for the season to be over with

then wait 3 more years for tomlin to be gone finally but by then TJ and Minkah will be about done

I'm not saying it's inaccurate, just that it's not new info from what we have heard really. They just keep recycling the same bits of info.

Also, in a vacuum you're right. However, it seems like he could be offended by how the 49ers have approached the negotiations and that is hard to overcome, especially if you can make as much or more elsewhere. Also, he may like the idea of playing for Tomlin over his current situation, as it has been suggested at least.

• Like 2

Gonna be kinda bummed if this report from is true from Breer:

The Brandon Aiyuk situation drags on, and I don’t have a whole lot to add on it. The San Francisco 49ers’ star didn’t want to go to New England, which offered him more than $30 million per year in its proposals, or the Cleveland Browns. The Steelers’ price point was less than $28 million, which put Pittsburgh right in the neighborhood the Niners were inhabiting—with Mike Tomlin’s presence there the drawing card.

That, in turn, pushed Aiyuk back to the table with the Niners.

For a team with all the cash in the world to be able to spend the next few seasons, not being a difference maker with a $30M offer is kinda disappointing. This now really seems like we were just a pawn for Aiyuk to get more money and stay with the 49ers. No wonder San Fran keeps us hanging around. 

Maybe they just didn't want to be Hightower'd again? I don't know. But to be on par with the 9ers seems like a poor choice. Offer a deal they don't want to match. 

Going after Aiyuk actually made me believe they might chase Prescott if he hits FA in 25. This kinda cooled that expectation a bit. 

30 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

For a team with all the cash in the world to be able to spend the next few seasons, not being a difference maker with a $30M offer is kinda disappointing. This now really seems like we were just a pawn for Aiyuk to get more money and stay with the 49ers. No wonder San Fran keeps us hanging around. 

Maybe they just didn't want to be Hightower'd again? I don't know. But to be on par with the 9ers seems like a poor choice. Offer a deal they don't want to match. 

Going after Aiyuk actually made me believe they might chase Prescott if he hits FA in 25. This kinda cooled that expectation a bit. 

Prescott? Just kill me…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rlon said:

Prescott? Just kill me…

+1

I have a feeling if this team is in the middle of the draft, they will keep Fields because of upside and possibly lower price than Wilson. If Wilson really has a good season, then they might keep him. 

of course, they might not be in the middle, stephen a smith sees last place

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, warfelg said:

The Breer report contradicts everything else said about how he basically has agreed to a contract with us. Just seems like more Niners using the media to negotiate. 

What does it contradict? He can say “I’ll take that deal if I have to, but why don’t you guys just pay me more money?”. 

If he “agreed to a contract” to the Steelers, why is he still negotiating with the 9ers to the point where the rumors say the hold up is now only on the final year details? 

The Steelers deal wasn’t good enough to shut down his desire to be a 49er. It was good enough to be a backup plan and a negotiating tactic, however. 

And…I just need to know…but you are aware Aiyuk’s team can use the media too, right? 

Edited by Dcash4

11 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

This is a soap opera with more drama and bs than the Real Housewives.  It's disinformation at its finest. You really don't know what to believe. 

jWzESsfSHMR8VJa9coQQ0PMwuit.jpg

For a team with all the cash in the world to be able to spend the next few seasons, not being a difference maker with a $30M offer is kinda disappointing.

Question: Why throw your best deal out there when they are dragging their feet and changing the landscape from day to day?  It was said that Aiyuk blocked trades to New England and Cleveland who offered San Fran more draft capitol & players. 

Now San Francisco is playing hard ball.  This is how the game is played.  Unfortunately, most of us (fans) are not in a playing mood. San Fran does not appear to be in a hurry to necessarily accomodate Aiyuk either way.  

This now really seems like we were just a pawn for Aiyuk to get more money and stay with the 49ers. No wonder San Fran keeps us hanging around. 

Always knew that that was a possibility, but I think it's much more than that. Again, if it was purely $$ and busines, then go to Cleveland who offered the 49'ers what they wanted and were willing to dig themselves into a potential cap hell paying him what he wanted. There is so much more to this than what we are being told. The Steelers, 49'ers, and Aiyuk's team are all negotiating and playing hard ball. The media  and internet wants HEADLINES.  This all makes for great headlines and clicks (clickbait).  

There's so much more than that.  While this is a great prospect, you have to look long term as well. They would already be parting with raft picks to pay a player who has never played a down of football in a Steelers uniform more than they are paying Watt, Cam and Fitpatrick.  You have other youn gguns up for deals or coming up: Muth, Najee, and then Pickens....

I rarely ever say never, but no thanks. $50 Million plus for Dak. No thanks. 

8 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

What does it contradict? He can say “I’ll take that deal if I have to, but why don’t you guys just pay me more money?”. 

The many stories that have been out there. I recently heard that Aiyuk's agent was not even talking with the 49'ers.  Remember also that Aiyuk got mad at the 49'ers for putting things out in the media a few weeks ago as well. We really don't know who is saying what and we can't trust what is coming out. Until a deal is done and signed, this won't be over. 

If he “agreed to a contract” to the Steelers, why is he still negotiating with the 9ers to the point where the rumors say the hold up is now only on the final year details? 

We really don't know if this is true or a ploy to stretch the trade in hopes of getting a better last minute suitor with more draft capitol or players to offer.  Remember also that most deals/trades don't get done until the third or fourth week of August anyways. Hence this also has Cam and Muth in a bit of a holding pattern. 

The Steelers deal wasn’t good enough to shut down his desire to be a 49er. It was good enough to be a backup plan and a negotiating tactic, however. 

We don't know that. Other than he is coming to practice, wearing different color shorts and shirts to avoid being potntially fined, what do we really know? What has really changed?  

And…I just need to know…but you are aware Aiyuk’s team can use the media too, right? 

We all really need to know.  We just want this to end one way or the other. The other team is using the media. They could have simply signed the trade a few weeks ago and been done when "an agreement was reached between both teams on compensation." That seems to change everydaay as well. 

We've been sucked in and we can't turn it off until it is over. 

• Like 1