Potential Aiyuk Trade Talk

36 minutes ago, August4th said:

lol sounds like national media got caught flat footed yesterday

I think it’s a meter of who has better sources in which camp. ESPN doesn’t have many fans in the Steelers so doesn’t shock my if the Niners leaked that to try to get the Steelers coming up. Wouldn’t shock me if Rapaports info is from us of we’re still lurking to signal to the Niners we’re unlikely to change. 

Then there’s this:

https://x.com/realrclark25/status/1820913220552679567?s=46&t=xd5QJpZuXv2k7qD0xqd6aA

• Like 1

Just now, warfelg said:

Poni making crap up again. Makes no sense. Trade a WR who needs paid for the same headache a year from now then a guy who would be TE3 for a team who would play a lot of 11. 

Agreed, thus the FWIW. I do believe talks are still going on tho. But as stated, I'd rather they don't make the trade given the $$$, the draft capital and trying to support 2 Alpha WRs. 

3 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

James Daniels and a 2nd and you can build Omar a statue right now. Herbig can slide into RG until next year when McCormick is ready. 

Or Anderson since he’s been the primary fill in.

46 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

James Daniels and a 2nd and you can build Omar a statue right now. Herbig can slide into RG until next year when McCormick is ready. 

I saw the possibility of Daniles/CA3 and a 2nd. Prolly people just making up combos now but I'd prolly do that but I'd be concerned over the $$$. 

I would hate to lose CA3 because I think he could be a really fun player. I wouldn't be heartbroken to lose Daniels. I'd do it for Aiyuk though. I really do think he'd be a perfect player for us. All those points @bigben07MVP made about Aiyuk's game stand for me. To the fans that say "WR isn't emphasized much in Smith's offense" I'd argue that WR wasn't emphasized on our team back when Ben was young, and yet we still had Plax/Ward or Holmes/Ward. I think Smith is smart enough to figure out how to use our weapons. 

if Daniels is going to walk and be UFA next year, why would SF trade for him?   They sill have to sign Trent Williams don't they? I read he was holding out. 

there is our dominant LT someone was LOL about earlier xD