Eagles (Unofficial) Depth Chart

Important notes

• From the team, like ZB said
  • Team confirmation that the base D is a 5 front, 3 linemen and two edges. Nothing we didn’t already figure, but officially a change from what we’ve had since 2016.
  • Pickett listed as #2 is probably how the team will operate to see if they can trade him. By all reports McKee has been way better.
  • Johnny Wilson indeed higher on the depth chart 3/4
  • Becton listed behind Steen, though it seems like maybe from reporting that it’s more open.
  • Linebackers are still a total competition, to the point that none of the top 4 separated themselves 
  • Rodgers and Ringo fighting it out for CB2

Looking at who could get a pop, Linebacker will be decided partly in the preseason and the dual practice.

Ainias Smith probably needs to show up with returns this preseason to make the team. McMahon will need to show more to make them comfortable dropping Hennessy.

Corner depth will be a big thing decided too.

55 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

I think Hennessey is a goner. 

Smith does indeed need to do more to make the team.  

ILB is wide open  

Burks is in danger of being cut

Why? Right now the scariest position if a Starter went down outside of Hurts, is OC. You honestly think they would trust a Rookie like McMahon over Hennessey? I don't. 

While there is nothing special about Hennessey he has 3 yrs of NFL experience, started 22 gms.  Seen NFL Defenses. 

Zero chance He is cut for McMahon. 

2 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Why? Right now the scariest position if a Starter went down outside of Hurts, is OC. You honestly think they would trust a Rookie like McMahon over Hennessey? I don't. 

While there is nothing special about Hennessey he has 3 yrs of NFL experience, started 22 gms.  Seen NFL Defenses. 

Zero chance He is cut for McMahon. 

We'll get ready to be surprised.  By all accounts McMahon has outplayed Hennessey and even Brett Toth has outplayed him.  He's gone.

1 minute ago, CasperX22 said:

We'll get ready to be surprised.  By all accounts McMahon has outplayed Hennessey and even Brett Toth has outplayed him.  He's gone.

Well that's TC. I hear you guys all the time talk about TC heros, players showing out in camp but disappearing when the season starts or getting cut.

I have a hard time believing a 6th rd pick, a Rookie would be the choice over a 3 yr Vet with 22 Starts under his belt. Moores offense isn't exactly cookie cutter easy? 

Unless Hennessey is dumb as rocks, just dont see it??

Jurgens goes down, We're ***'d!

18 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Well that's TC. I hear you guys all the time talk about TC heros, players showing out in camp but disappearing when the season starts or getting cut.

I have a hard time believing a 6th rd pick, a Rookie would be the choice over a 3 yr Vet with 22 Starts under his belt. Moores offense isn't exactly cookie cutter easy? 

Unless Hennessey is dumb as rocks, just dont see it??

Jurgens goes down, We're ***'d!

I'd say it has more to do with Hennessey just not being very good.  He's been outplayed by Brett Toth also.  Sometimes guys don't come all the way back from injuries.

On that note, CJ Uzomah is on the chopping block too.  Calcaterra is clearly the #2 and Uzomah is listed as the #3, but McCastles was ahead in camp before getting hurt and by most accounts Uzomah was behind O also.

On 8/6/2024 at 1:14 PM, Kiltman said:

From the team, like ZB said

I know you said unofficial in the title, but I wanna make it clear this is from the media team and not the actual team/coaches, so really there is no important notes to me with the first depth chart of the year. Wait for the coaches one which should come out prob in a week and a half or two.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

On 8/7/2024 at 12:28 PM, CasperX22 said:

I'd say it has more to do with Hennessey just not being very good.  He's been outplayed by Brett Toth also.  Sometimes guys don't come all the way back from injuries.

On that note, CJ Uzomah is on the chopping block too.  Calcaterra is clearly the #2 and Uzomah is listed as the #3, but McCastles was ahead in camp before getting hurt and by most accounts Uzomah was behind O also.

We talked about Hennessy in another thread. He's pretty much certainly going to be cut. He's hasn't had any reps with the 1s all camp/preseason. Bret Toth and Dylan  McMahon by all accounts are indeed ahead of Hennessy at both guard and center. I'm  pretty sure Hennessy got injured last year and just doesn't have the ability to play at a high enough level, at least at the moment. I had higher expectations for Hennessy but it's not looking like he will make the team.  

Maybe we get lucky and a team like the Chargers or Vikings inquire about trading for Kenny Pickett?

Roster spots are already going to be at a premium,  can we afford to carry 3 QB? Tanner somehow makes our PS, he's not staying there long IMO. 

Moore loves Will Grier. Let's be real if our #3 QB gets significant snaps, the 2024 season is over. 

3 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Maybe we get lucky and a team like the Chargers or Vikings inquire about trading for Kenny Pickett?

Roster spots are already going to be at a premium,  can we afford to carry 3 QB? Tanner somehow makes our PS, he's not staying there long IMO. 

Moore loves Will Grier. Let's be real if our #3 QB gets significant snaps, the 2024 season is over. 

The Eagles will carry 3 QB's.

48 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

The Eagles will carry 3 QB's.

I agree. Just curious if the QB who actually knows Kellen Moore's offense better then any QB in that room, ends up that #3? 

No one is poaching Will Grier of the PS. If Pickett was traded, Tanner named the #2, that could open up a extra roster spot for the 53. 🤷‍♂️

Let's be real though, Pickett sucks, no team is that desperate. 

15 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

I am going to go out on a limb and say that P.J. Mustipher winds up on the roster somehow.
He's more stout at the point of attack and has value in anything short yardage.

There is an outside chance Gottlieb Ayedze supplants Darian Kinnard.
One will likely make the squad and one to PS.

Also, please note that my keyboard is worn out, especially the U, I and O.
So, if I mistype a name it isn't because I'm dumb, I'm just probably not siber.

• Like 1