2024 NFL Top 100 Discussion

Soko

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

I love kittle. Dude isn't the 14th best player in the league 😂 

He is pretty damn good though and super hard to handle, and a good blocker also.

Curious if Travis Kelce is top 10, no clue how he is not he is super clutch in the playoffs and one hell of a receiving target.  Still in terms of players around the NFL one would build a team around, no way Josh Allen is not top 5 in the league, probably top 3.

49 minutes ago, Forge said:

20. CJ Stroud

19. Roquan Smith

18. Justin Jefferson

17. Micah Parsons

16. Dak Prescott

15. Jalen Hurts

14. George Kittle

13. CeeDee Lamb

12. Josh Allen 

11. Fred Warner 

6 hours ago, Soko said:

The next 10 aren’t much better.

@Ozzy I'm not expecting Ward to be in the top 10, so that's why I said it's crazy he's not even in the top 100. Dude's been, at worst, a top 10 CB his entire career and I think you could make the argument he was a top 2-3 CB last year, if not the best. Dude was lockdown... QBs didn't even try to throw his way.

Humphrey is living off of reputation at this point. Don't get me wrong, I think he's still a good CB, but not top 5 like he once was.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

He is pretty damn good though and super hard to handle, and a good blocker also.

Curious if Travis Kelce is top 10, no clue how he is not he is super clutch in the playoffs and one hell of a receiving target.  Still in terms of players around the NFL one would build a team around, no way Josh Allen is not top 5 in the league, probably top 3.

He 100% will be according to this list. Is he actually top 10? Probably not.

20 hours ago, DawgX said:

@Ozzy I'm not expecting Ward to be in the top 10, so that's why I said it's crazy he's not even in the top 100. Dude's been, at worst, a top 10 CB his entire career and I think you could make the argument he was a top 2-3 CB last year, if not the best. Dude was lockdown... QBs didn't even try to throw his way.

Humphrey is living off of reputation at this point. Don't get me wrong, I think he's still a good CB, but not top 5 like he once was.

It seems the players just give out well-known, established players like Humphrey or Ramsey, and forget about Ward or Chiefs CBs.

EDIT: Well I thought Humphrey was on the list but he's not. I still agree there are some bad omissions at CB.

Edited by AngusMcFife
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

It seems the players just give out well-known, established players like Humphrey or Ramsey, and forget about Ward or Chiefs CBs.

EDIT: Well I thought Humphrey was on the list but he's not. I still agree there are some bad omissions at CB.

So all of these guys missed the list assuming McDuffie does not make the top 10 and same with any of these CBs.  

Marlon Humphrey
LaJarius Sneed
Trent McDuffie
Denzel Ward
Jaylon Johnson
Charvarius Ward
Jaire Alexander

So far these are the only CBs that made the list.  Will be interesting who is in the top 10 but I assume based on everything else McDuffie will not be in that.  Bland over any of those five does seem odd, same with Woolen.  

91. Tariq Woolen, Seahawks CB (-15
52. Patrick Surtain, Broncos CB (-3)
38. Sauce Gardner, Jets CB
31. Daron Bland, Cowboys CB
25. Jalen Ramsey, Dolphins CB (+11)

Very odd because clearly players just flat underrate CBs.  

These are the Safeties to make the list.  Sure a lot of them deserve it but not sure some are better or more important than the CBs who did not make the list.  Granted at safety one can have more visibility getting sacks and pressures when blitzing, playing around the line of scrimmage and getting more tackles.  Harrison Smith though right now is not near the player he used to be, but was allowed to be around the line of scrimmage a bit more last year with Flores and made some plays. 

95. Julian Love, Seahawks S (NA)
93. Harrison Smith, Vikings S (+3)
89. Budda Baker, Cardinals S (-16)
83. Derwin James, Chargers S (-53)
79. Minkah Fitzpatrick, Steelers S (-61)
74. Jessie Bates, Falcons S (NA)
65. Jordan Poyer, Dolphins S (-8)
57. Justin Simmons, URFA S (+2)
46. Antoine Winfield Jr., Bucs S (NA)
43. Kyle Hamilton, Ravens S (NA)

So here is the final list.

1 Tyreek Hill,  Miami Dolphins · WR (Was 6th)

2 Lamar Jackson, Baltimore Ravens · QB (Was 70th)

3 Christian McCaffrey, San Francisco 49ers · RB (Was 32nd)

4 Patrick Mahomes, Kansas City Chiefs · QB (Was 3rd)

5 Myles Garrett, Cleveland Browns · DE (Was 15th)

6 Chris Jones, Kansas City Chiefs · DE (Was 4th)

7 Trent Williams, San Francisco 49ers · OT (Was 7th)

8 T.J. Watt, Pittsburgh Steelers · OLB (Was 19th)

9 Travis Kelce, Kansas City Chiefs · TE (Was 4th)

10 Maxx Crosby, Las Vegas Raiders · DE (Was 7th)

Pretty absurd to have Mahomes not #1, sure had a some what down year last season but with the great improvement in the WR core I am sure he will be back to normal again.  Cannot see having Tyreek Hill the #1 player overall, a WR but sure he is dominating.  Lamar Jackson higher that Mahomes also seems odd but whatever at least they give love to Garrett, Jones, Watt and Crosby.

So none of these guys made the list which is pretty crazy, two of them easily should have made the top 100 if not arguably four of these CBs.

LaJarius Sneed
Trent McDuffie
Marlon Humphrey
Denzel Ward
Jaylon Johnson
Charvarius Ward
Jaire Alexander

Ed Oliver not top 100 seems odd also, especially considering he could be better next year than last year which was a career season for him.  Also Christian Darrisaw not on the list is odd and he is now one of the highest paid LT in the NFL come 2025.  Jordan Mailata is also not included which is nuts.  

Not sure these guys deserve to be on the list over some of the other guys mentioned.  David at least has done it for awhile where the rest need some more consistent play.  Kyren could be replaced by Corum potentially and Mostert by Achane so how important are they really and that depth behind both greatly helps them not to mention the system they are in.

100. Zaire Franklin, Colts LB (NA)
99. Lavonte David, Bucs LB (NA)
95. Julian Love, Seahawks S (NA)
91. Tariq Woolen, Seahawks CB (-15)

78. Kyren Williams, Rams RB (NA)
60. Raheem Mostert, Dolphins RB (NA)

Any list where Pat Mahomes is not #1 is invalid. 

A-Rod making the list not even playing a quarter. 

Jaylen Johnson not even making the list after being Pro Football Focus #1 CB. 

I'm tired of hearing that we should respect their opinion more because they play the game. NO. 

There is No world where Mahomes who has 3 MVPs, 2 SBs a top 3-4 player of all time is not the best player in the league and also playing at the most important position. 

Edited by mdonnelly21
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, HerbertGOAT said:

There are a ton of football players who don't know sh*t about football. Didn't Najee Harris say he didn't know ties were possible a few years ago?

That's a great point. And BTW I can't believe the Chargers past up taking Malik Nabers to pair up with Herbert. How did you feel about that. 

I'm hearing he is dominating in practice. And I was hoping Bears traded up to get him over Rome. 

36 minutes ago, mdonnelly21 said:

Any list where Pat Mahomes is not #1 is invalid. 

A-Rod making the list not even playing a quarter. 

Jaylen Johnson not even making the list after being Pro Football Focus #1 CB. 

I'm tired of hearing that we should respect their opinion more because they play the game. NO. 

There is No world where Mahomes who has 3 MVPs, 2 SBs a top 3-4 player of all time is not the best player in the league and also playing at the most important position. 

Reactionary take 101. 

Patrick Mahomes is not the best player in football(There is no best player in football) he is literally coming off his worst season as a starter in the regular season the chiefs limped into the playoffs and then got it together, doesn't change the fact he was an above average starter all year until the post season.

Unrecognized player on a losing team shocking no one.

They play the game we're just nerds who watch the sport. 

It's the one we're living in dawg, he's not even a top 5 QB yet chill. Also 2 MVPs, 2 Super bowl MVPs.

How is it disrespectful to put him at about where he should be after a down year.

Awards
2018 NFL AP MVP
2018 NFL PFWA MVP
2018 NFL Bert Bell Award (Player of the Year)
2018 NFL AP Offensive Player of the Year
2018 NFL PFWA Offensive Player of the Year
2018 NFL Sporting News Offensive Player of the Year
2019 NFL Super Bowl MVP
2020 NFL Sporting News Offensive Player of the Year
2022 NFL AP MVP
2022 NFL PFWA MVP
2022 NFL Super Bowl MVP
2023 NFL Super Bowl MVP
2019 NFL Top 100 (#4)
2020 NFL Top 100 (#4)
2021 NFL Top 100 (#1)
2022 NFL Top 100 (#8)
2023 NFL Top 100 (#1)

4 minutes ago, mdonnelly21 said:

That's a great point. And BTW I can't believe the Chargers past up taking Malik Nabers to pair up with Herbert. How did you feel about that. 

I'm hearing he is dominating in practice. And I was hoping Bears traded up to get him over Rome. 

O-line is more important than WR corps in the modern NFL.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Xmad said:

Reactionary take 101. 

Patrick Mahomes is not the best player in football(There is no best player in football) he is literally coming off his worst season as a starter in the regular season the chiefs limped into the playoffs and then got it together, doesn't change the fact he was an above average starter all year until the post season.

Unrecognized player on a losing team shocking no one.

They play the game we're just nerds who watch the sport. 

It's the one we're living in dawg, he's not even a top 5 QB yet chill. Also 2 MVPs, 2 Super bowl MVPs.

How is it disrespectful to put him at about where he should be after a down year.

Awards
2018 NFL AP MVP
2018 NFL PFWA MVP
2018 NFL Bert Bell Award (Player of the Year)
2018 NFL AP Offensive Player of the Year
2018 NFL PFWA Offensive Player of the Year
2018 NFL Sporting News Offensive Player of the Year
2019 NFL Super Bowl MVP
2020 NFL Sporting News Offensive Player of the Year
2022 NFL AP MVP
2022 NFL PFWA MVP
2022 NFL Super Bowl MVP
2023 NFL Super Bowl MVP
2019 NFL Top 100 (#4)
2020 NFL Top 100 (#4)
2021 NFL Top 100 (#1)
2022 NFL Top 100 (#8)
2023 NFL Top 100 (#1)

O-line is more important than WR corps in the modern NFL.

Did you not watch how many drops the Chiefs WR core had? Why are we talking about "A down year" 

This past season was also by far his worst WR corp he's ever had. 

Won the SB as at the most important position. Game winning drive in the most televised game and TV show in the world. 

This isn't even a discussion TBH. And why was Aaron Rodgers even in the top 100 if was based on last season? 

So no. 

As far as O line. I do agree OT is probably the most important position behind QB unless you think Rush Edge is. 

I'm just saying that Malik Nabers was far and ahead IMO the better player. That's where IMO you draft over your needs if the player are clearly superior.