2024 Fantasy Football General Discussion

NYRaider

17 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

When are you guys targeting QB this year?

Not in order:

1. Allen
  2. Mahomes
  3. Hurts
  4. Jackson
  5. Richardson
  6. Stroud
  7. Burrow
  8. Prescott
  9. Murray
  10. Purdy
  11. Love
  12. Herbert
  13. Lawrence
  14. Tua
  15. Stafford
  16. Goff
  17. Rodgers
  18. Cousins
  19. Williams
  20. Daniels

Who are you targeting and in which round is the sweet spot? Am I insane thinking one shouldn't be touching a QB until the last numbers of rounds? 

I’m gonna wait this year. I think I like a Daniels/Watson combo this year. Watson is extremely undervalued… like 12th Round. If he busts, a 12th Round pick is nothing. Jayden goes in like the 9th or 10th and has massive rushing upside. 

Kirk Cousins would be my QB to target this year. Dudes schedule is incredibly easy, with a nice fantasy playoff schedule along with talent all around him on offense with an above average OL. Arguable his 3 toughest matchups in the year are in the first 3-4 weeks.

On 8/9/2024 at 9:55 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

I assume he will be. What I am trying to gauge essentially is Jefferson vs. Bijan vs. ASB. I assume CMC/Lamb/Hill/Chase will be gone, with two of JJ/Robinson/ASB being available for me to select. I think I have Bijan/JJ in a tier above ASB but I have seen a lot of people being extremely high on the sun god.

I am torn/

I'm slightly fading JJ this year as I have doubts that Darnold/McCarthy will light the scoreboard up.  I actually have JJ as WR 6 behind AJ Brown.  I'm a big supporter of ASB, though I'm torn between him and Chase as WR 3 (high floor vs high ceiling)

On 8/9/2024 at 5:32 PM, Tank4Drake said:

This is extremely simplified... but I've been playing fantasy since 1999. Waiting on QB/TE is always a good strategy IMO. Find the QB/TE sleeper you think is gonna smash and is being drafted as QB8-QB18. 

Years I wait on QB/TE I usually finish Top 2. Years I don't, anywhere from 4th to 12th.

But you can win your league with Early QB or Early TE, 100%. It's fantasy, you can that championship from unlimited ways.

I agree on the wait on QB/TE with one exception.  If it's a 10 team league, then I feel like I need to have that extra juice at the QB position as there's more rb/wr depth to go around.  TE is almost always a wait (Ferguson is my target this year)

On 8/9/2024 at 9:59 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

When are you guys targeting QB this year?

Richardson

Murray

Lawrence

Jayden Daniels

Watson

On 8/9/2024 at 9:59 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

These are the guys I want.  Note, I play in a bunch of 2QB, 4 pt passing TD league

Edited by 101Raider

Thoughts on TE in general? I initially wanted nothing to do with Engram/Kittle but I'm coming around on them so I feel like I want a top-8 one since 9+ looks very bleak to me. so I'm playing this game of wanting a value since there are 8 I like...but not being so picky im stuck in the 9+ range

10 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Thoughts on Christian Watson & Brian Robinson? I find myself liking them alot more than their ADP around 105

They are both well worth a shot in that range. 105 isn’t expensive…. just work the waiver if they bust.

14 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

They are both well worth a shot in that range. 105 isn’t expensive…. just work the waiver if they bust.

Well thats the thing is im not taking them that late lol I just think I will likely take 1 in R7, I might even go R6 for the other. I dont particularly love the guys in that ADP on Sleeper so I find myself "reaching" on Robinson/Watson alot

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Thoughts on Christian Watson & Brian Robinson? I find myself liking them alot more than their ADP around 105

In the consensus ADP on Fantasy Pro's Robinson is #80 and Watson is 84.  So if you are in a 12 man, round 6 isnt a big reach for Robinson and 7/8 isnt a bad reach for Watson.  You may have to go a round earlier even if people look beyond just sleepers rankings which you should be able to tell by round 4 or 5. 

6 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Thoughts on TE in general? I initially wanted nothing to do with Engram/Kittle but I'm coming around on them so I feel like I want a top-8 one since 9+ looks very bleak to me. so I'm playing this game of wanting a value since there are 8 I like...but not being so picky im stuck in the 9+ range

I don't mind most of the TEs in that round 8 range.  Kincaid I think could be TE1/2 this year so he has been the guy I try for if I am not happy with the WR/RB options.  I have been burnt by Pitts but like the new situation for him so would take a risk again.  Engram, Njoku and Ferguson are all pretty similar to me and you can add Bowers in that mix.  I think Bowers could be elite year 1 but that is rare and dont want to live off Kincaid/Laporta results when history says it takes a while but Bowers has the talent to do it.  I am  good if I get one of the top 11/12 to be honest and I don't hate my situation if I end up with Taysom Hill and TJ Hockenson late in a redraft.