2024 Preseason GDT Week #2 Steelers vs. Bills

8 hours ago, jebrick said:

Washington's problem is that he is amazingly slow out of his stance to get going.  Takes him 1-2 seconds longer to get into his route.

so no chance DW80 will replace Muth this year or for as long as Muth is here?

55 minutes ago, rlon said:

Man, we are going to end up paying a lot of money for a tight end who can’t block and is not an elite receiver.

is this fact?

I don't like the idea , but it's part of a colbert hangover - overpay keep sign  our draftpick despite being frail, concussion prone and not really good at blocking and average hands.   He  near  the harvin ,  okorafor and mitch level of quality of play for  his position.  

essentially the quality of a black monday roster cut signing 

Khan is lowering his offseason grade in the process. He should have given Daniels a new deal in hopes to solidify the OL finally after all these years. Instead lets overpay a frail TE that we drafted that has concussion history and isn't a good blocker.

Maybe in RD1 this team could find another Heath and get TE set since it's a key part of the new offence

On 8/22/2024 at 7:14 AM, warfelg said:

I wish Washington were well rounded enough to be TE1, where then it lets Muth be TE2/WR3 more often. And there in lies the issue with Muth IMO. He's a below average blocker who leaves something to be desired there. But he's such a good route runner and target that you want that out there. Funny that the last couple of PSU TE's have sucked so much at run blocking despite being a run first program.

Every one of them has that came thru under Franklin. Kind of crazy cause those Penn State tight ends use to always be run/block first type tight ends. 

Jesse James used to get Hackenburg KILLED , i mean it was awful how bad he was. Obviously the "gangly one" Mike Giesicki was no blocker. Meuth similar and used to just outright miss or ole' a lot of blocks, and then the overdrafted guy that went to Jacksonville can't block or catch. Theo Johnson was underutilized as a receiver but is also not a blocker.  They have the same type of Oline / Tight end block coach issues as the Steelers since Franklin has been there. So many missed assignments , effort and technique issues over the last decade.  Saquon was running for his life behind some of the worst interior Oline play Id seen there in my lifetime. 

I think most people would be amazed to realize how often the Tight ends effort blocking is the difference between winning and losing each play. 

Edited by JustPlainNasty
  • Like 2