AP names Gardner Minshew starting QB

NYRaider

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

We have arguably the worst offensive staff in football 

I’m still baffled by the Getsy hire. Like, what? You just hire the worst guy available?

If we lose Week 1 I’m gonna be convinced AP has zero clue what he’s doing. In no way should we lose to a depleted and rebuilding bare bones Charger roster.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

I’m still baffled by the Getsy hire. Like, what? You just hire the worst guy available?

If we lose Week 1 I’m gonna be convinced AP has zero clue what he’s doing. In no way should we lose to a depleted and rebuilding bare bones Charger roster.

Seriously? Week 1.... chill with the hyperbole.

Vegas has the Chargers over/under at 8.5. Vegas thinks they will be a better team than the Raiders at 6.5.

Chargers have a legit coach who will give them a boost and still one of the best QBs in the game which is often the difference. 

Edited by big_palooka
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

We'll beat the chargers and then most people on here(essentially all of the "why didnt we hire Harbaugh" people) will make excuses for why it doesn't matter around this time next week.

😂 Facts. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

We'll beat the chargers and then most people on here(essentially all of the "why didnt we hire Harbaugh" people) will make excuses for why it doesn't matter around this time next week.

What exactly is the point are you trying to make here? Why would they make excuses if the Raiders win? Who are they making excuses for?

The Raiders despite being a 3.5 point underdog have the better talent. Harbaugh is still head and shoulders superior to Peterson as coach. Which coach you buying 3 years from now building their program?

Edited by big_palooka
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

What exactly is the point are you trying to make here? Why would they make excuses if the Raiders win? Who are they making excuses for?

The Raiders despite being a 3.5 point underdog have the better talent. Harbaugh is still head and shoulders superior to Peterson as coach. Which coach you buying 3 years from now building their program?

I think Harbaugh is a great coach but I’m curious as to what you think of his decisions this offseason. Mainly they depleted their passing game and tabbed Greg Roman, a notoriously run heavy guy, as OC. With a guy like Herbert, this seems like this is the exact opposite of what they should be doing to build their program.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

I'm not talking about three years from now or even next year; I'm talking about next week.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

I think Harbaugh is a great coach but I’m curious as to what you think of his decisions this offseason. Mainly they depleted their passing game and tabbed Greg Roman, a notoriously run heavy guy, as OC. With a guy like Herbert, this seems like this is the exact opposite of what they should be doing to build their program.

It's simple: if Pierce built the team like that, we would say he's an idiot. If Harbaugh builds a team like that, he's either a genius or he's just rebuilding.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

Greg Roman offenses have fielded some of the worst passing attacks every time he’s given a job. Once you figure out his run scheme the offense is done. And people were calling Getsy bad. 

3 hours ago, Justwinning said:

It's Harbaugh's style and it's timeless. I'm not a huge fan of Roman, but he builds strong running teams which is what Harbaugh likes. It should in turn take pressure off Herbert who is still going to be a problem for teams. I don't think you have to build a pass heavy team simply because you have Herbert. Harbaugh knows what he has there with him and will put him to work. 

This duo did more with less at QB in the past. They did an excellent job building up the Oline. Alt bookending Slater is awesome. They need to retool the skill positions, but McConkey is going to be good for them right away. 

3 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Greg Roman offenses have fielded some of the worst passing attacks every time he’s given a job. Once you figure out his run scheme the offense is done. And people were calling Getsy bad. 

He's never had a pure passer at QB like Herbert. Roman schemes his offense around the QB he's working with. Kaepernick and Lamar being the notable guys. They were running QBs. Herbert is not a running QB. He will scheme to his strengths and support him with a strong running game.