GDT 2017: Week 16 - Colts @ Ravens

drd23

3 minutes ago, Danand said:

This make no sense. We will end up with 4 pass rushers as inactives and holes everywhere else on the team.

Will any of them be good though? Cause none are right now. I don't care about inactives if we have good pass rushers.

1 minute ago, paraven said:

this defense is embarrassing. I just cannot wrap my mind around how so much can be invested and they play this bad year after year. 

We acquired some talented coaching to help the oline and it obviously helped. Playcalling has been an issue and the same can be said on defense.

1 minute ago, berlin calling said:

anyone who still insists this is on players quality rather than coaching should ask themselves how much draft picks / FAs a DC needs to field a top unit. Do not feed the troll that DP is aky longer ffs PLEASE

I think Pees stinks, but pass rushing is one of those things where it's mainly quality. 1v1.

1 minute ago, M.10.E said:

I think Pees stinks, but pass rushing is one of those things where it's mainly quality. 1v1.

It very much has to do with scheming. Yes, when you rush 4 straight ahead, it is up to them to beat their man, but that is why defensive coordinators have the title "coordinators".

2 minutes ago, paraven said:

sorry meant so much was invested in defense over the years

I understood what you meant. I just wrote a bad sentence which didn't make much sense.

Basically, we invested in coaching on offense and players on defense. We see bad players performing above expectations and good/talented defensive players performing below expectations.

Archived