The official Watson is WASHED, I told you so thread

MWil23

9 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Then after being blasted for those takes, they pivot to how we should be grateful for a win or that this team was a perennial bottom dweller, we don’t have enough weapons while simultaneously defending Andrew Berry (my favorite), etc.

I think the lack of weapons is untrue.  I think we’ve actually got a pretty decent amount of talent around Watson. 

I do however think that said talent has not done a lot to help Watson thus far.  Amari has looked terrible in both games and Njoku got hurt last week after a drop and falling on his ***.  It’s early, I expect both of those guys to get it going and improve, but thus far it’s not looked great.

If we wanted a game manager with the ability to play great and play devastatingly bad football, we should have kept Baker for 1/2 the cost.

Or Brissett at 25% of the cost.

So which is it? We happy we traded to be a Super Bowl contender or are we upset that off the field everything else aside he’s by almost every metric a bottom 5 quarterback in his 2 plus years here.

But hey, he did play almost an entire half of great football against Baltimore last year.

glass half full, we’ve seen glimpses.  He can still make a terrific play every now and then. That said, just not enough of them.  And definitely not enough of them when compared to the negative plays.

The first half today was good. The only qualifier I’d put on that statement was the degree of difficulty was pretty low.  Pretty easy throws, good weather conditions, etc.  If he’s able to make the right read, get the ball out on time, spread it around with accurate throws and such I think we’re gonna be tough to beat.  But if we want to win something of note we’re gonna need that plus a little magic and some big plays and that version of Watson we’ve seen for 2 quarters over 3 seasons.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The attempts are inflated because of Dallas to a degree but even yesterday he had 34 with another several dropbacks.

The yards, rating, and lack of TD are major concerns going forward.

We are like 5 years into anyone with a brain saying we needed a take the top off guy at WR and that still hasn’t been addressed let alone resolved.

If they don’t hit chunk plays down the middle they don’t hit anything deep at all.

46 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

We are like 5 years into anyone with a brain saying we needed a take the top off guy at WR and that still hasn’t been addressed let alone resolved.

We tried with Schwartz, but unfortunately there's not a position in the draft AB's team sucks at drafting more than WR

1 minute ago, dawgdish said:

We tried with Schwartz, but unfortunately there's not a position in the draft AB's team sucks at drafting more than WR

We haven’t had a single FO capable of drafting a halfway decent WR corps, or trading for any, or acquiring any free agents minus a year or two stopgap. It’s embarrassing.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

On the one hand, 30th feels about spot on. On the other hand, he has Lawrence way up there and he’s been horrible, so not sure how much I buy this.

Edited by MWil23

Morning everyone! It seems as though @LETSGOBROWNIES has decided to do my heavy lifting for me this morning while I was drafting my post.

Yeaterday, Watson was under 60% completion rate with 2 passing TD, 2 fumbles lost, was sacked 8 times, was under 200 yards and 20 points BOTH for the third consecutive game, going against one of the worst teams in the entire NFL.

Many will rightfully blame the scheme that was tailor made for his “strengths”, the wide receivers who were brought in for him by the same GM who acquired him (sensing a trend here), and the offensive line who also sucked, all of whom minus Bitonio Berry also acquired…and legitimately he can’t read a defense, audible, slide pressure, or throw with his awful noodle arm.

Grade: D-

He is currently the worst starter in the league by a mile, barely edging out the recently benched Bryce Young.

vince mcmahon wwe GIF
See you all in 6 days.

• Like 2