The official Watson is WASHED, I told you so thread

MWil23

I remember how bad and confused Watson went to Pittsburgh last year. They gave up -5 yards in the second half yesterday against the Chargers. We are scheduled to play them on Thursday night in November. I have a sneaking suspicion Watson’s shoulder is going to be sore that week and it will be Jameis time because that is going to be quite a repeat display if he’s out there.

Edited by NateDawg
  • Like 1

I thought the trade was a terrible idea.

I thought the only people who liked it dont understand how everything that can go wrong, does go wrong when it comes to Browns football

I thought Baker was going to be a good starter

It was my lowest moment as a Browns fan

Having said all that, I still cannot believe how bad this trade has turned out.

6 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

I thought the trade was a terrible idea.

I thought the only people who liked it dont understand how everything that can go wrong, does go wrong when it comes to Browns football

I thought Baker was going to be a good starter

It was my lowest moment as a Browns fan

Having said all that, I still cannot believe how bad this trade has turned out.

I didnt like the trade, mostly from a non football perspective.  I figured he’d be pretty decent at football and give us a good player I’d despise rooting for. 

I thought baker had plateaued, and he had, and was immature.  He was also my preferred choice on a 5th year option to see how that went.

I honestly didn’t expect the trade to completely bomb in regards to his performance. Probably should have, I’ve been around long enough to know better.

28 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I didnt like the trade, mostly from a non football perspective.  I figured he’d be pretty decent at football and give us a good player I’d despise rooting for. 

I thought baker had plateaued, and he had, and was immature.  He was also my preferred choice on a 5th year option to see how that went.

I honestly didn’t expect the trade to completely bomb in regards to his performance. Probably should have, I’ve been around long enough to know better.

Not a fan of giving up that much at that time for a QB. I get it, but it wouldn't have been my choice.

Throw in the off of the field stuff and whenever I watch Watson I find myself rooting against him so the only way to watch Browns games is to root for both defenses in the game. Not enjoyable enough to make the sacrifice to watch the game. Hope others do well but I also don't want to see Watson succeed. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I viewed him as

1. A horrible person

2. A quitter

3. Injury prone

But I always thought he was outrageously talented. I no longer think that.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Not a fan of giving up that much at that time for a QB. I get it, but it wouldn't have been my choice.

Throw in the off of the field stuff and whenever I watch Watson I find myself rooting against him so the only way to watch Browns games is to root for both defenses in the game. Not enjoyable enough to make the sacrifice to watch the game. Hope others do well but I also don't want to see Watson succeed. 

I don’t mind trading assists for a proven player tbh.  God knows we’ve tried every other method of finding a QB and failed at it.  I just hate who they, “they”, chose to invest in and the stupid contract more than anything.

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don’t mind trading assists for a proven player tbh.  God knows we’ve tried every other method of finding a QB and failed at it.  I just hate who they, “they”, chose to invest in and the stupid contract more than anything.

I get "mortgaging" the future for a championship, but we weren't close enough to make that move imo. Especially with a suspension looming. I'm also not the biggest fan of trading away that many assets for 1 guy or 1 prospect in general. 

It put a lot of pressure on the team to win now and we didn't know if we had a team that excelled at playing under pressure. There weren't any obvious signs that I saw anyway. 

Now, we have a perceived top 10 roster with the worst offense in the league. 

You can't expect any miracles to happen but look what a change at QB did for the offense last year (ignoring PJ and DTR's stints). Look at what it did for Carolina yesterday. 

It isn't going to happen, but it has to be tempting. Obviously, Watson should be leaps and bounds better than Young and Dalton/Winston are probably a wash but I could see everyone playing better around Winston than they do Watson for whatever reason. It's probably a smart coaching decision to try, just tell Le(roy)shan  that he needs a week to shake off the sacks he took. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I get "mortgaging" the future for a championship, but we weren't close enough to make that move imo. Especially with a suspension looming. I'm also not the biggest fan of trading away that many assets for 1 guy or 1 prospect in general. 

It put a lot of pressure on the team to win now and we didn't know if we had a team that excelled at playing under pressure. There weren't any obvious signs that I saw anyway. 

if Watson was a top 5-10 guy I don’t think that’s a win now move.  That’s a “have a puncher’s chance for a decade” move.

He's not though.

Now, we have a perceived top 10 roster with the worst offense in the league. 

You can't expect any miracles to happen but look what a change at QB did for the offense last year (ignoring PJ and DTR's stints). Look at what it did for Carolina yesterday. 

yeah, it all hinges on the QB and how they execute. 

It isn't going to happen, but it has to be tempting. Obviously, Watson should be leaps and bounds better than Young and Dalton/Winston are probably a wash but I could see everyone playing better around Winston than they do Watson for whatever reason. It's probably a smart coaching decision to try, just tell Le(roy)shan  that he needs a week to shake off the sacks he took. 

The difference with Watson and young is when you send Watson to the bench, he’s done here.  I’m sure none of us would mind it, but that’s a big move to make. 

I'm curious what leaderships opinions are on why Watson has been terrible here. I think there are basically 3 options from their viewpoint

1. He doesn't care and doesn't try

2. He's injured/beat up/regressed - essentially washed up and no longer useful

3. Scheme / fit

I think they are going to wait and see until they completely exhaust #3 as an option before benching/moving on. I think its likely a mix of #1 and #2