Preseason Week 3 New England VS Washington

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Its a pretty sad state of affairs when a guy who hasn't played in the NFL in 6 years is probably your second best receiver. 

Must be why he was playing with the 4th string. 

All jokes aside, it's a feel good story, but he likely won't make any impact this year, if he even makes the team. 

• Like 1

I think where Martavis will come in handy, will be in the red zone.

His size & blocking ability will be huge for this team & open a lot of things up.

I actually hope he makes the team.

His story of redemption, is good for the team & everyone.

When he scored that final TD, did you see the whole team gather around him?

So apparently, he's winning over the locker room as well.

I think he has a shot.

6 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Its a pretty sad state of affairs when a guy who hasn't played in the NFL in 6 years is probably your second best receiver. 

Is he? Not on this date I don't think. Now, after a few more weeks of practice on the practice squad maybe? 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

I think our 2bd best WR currently is OZ w/ Dyami & Crowder being a close 3rd & 4th. LMC has a chance to be our #2 by mid season I think, so look out for that. They may have traded Dotson bc they believe that much in LMC and we don't even know it because they didn't let us or the league know it in the preseason.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Is he? Not on this date I don't think. Now, after a few more weeks of practice on the practice squad maybe? 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

I think our 2bd best WR currently is OZ w/ Dyami & Crowder being a close 3rd & 4th. LMC has a chance to be our #2 by mid season I think, so look out for that. They may have traded Dotson bc they believe that much in LMC and we don't even know it because they didn't let us or the league know it in the preseason.

Dyami has done absolutely nothing in his career. Crowder is probably a better receiver right now. We have no clue what LMC is but he’s converting from QB and while he’s had a couple years at the position I think he’ll need a bit more seasoning. I genuinely think it’s a total toss up as to who is currently the best receiver behind McLaurin and that somehow includes Bryant which is pathetic. I am no fan of Zacceus and think he’s a JAG. 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Dyami has done absolutely nothing in his career. Crowder is probably a better receiver right now. We have no clue what LMC is but he’s converting from QB and while he’s had a couple years at the position I think he’ll need a bit more seasoning. I genuinely think it’s a total toss up as to who is currently the best receiver behind McLaurin and that somehow includes Bryant which is pathetic. I am no fan of Zacceus and think he’s a JAG. 

At this point, no one can point to any of what you’re saying as being wrong but at this point, it is just your opinion, and as much as we think we know more than the coaches & Peters, we don't and never will.

Saying that Bryant, someone who's had no impact on a regular season game since 2017 when he played for Pittsburgh doesn't line up as him being our 2nd best WR either.

As @Slappy Mc said, Bryant has been in the game the last two weeks with the 4th stringers in the 4th quarter playing with guys and against guys who will be lucky to be on NFL practice squads this year. To suggest his our 2nd best WR on this date just doesn't make sense.

15 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

At this point, no one can point to any of what you’re saying as being wrong but at this point, it is just your opinion, and as much as we think we know more than the coaches & Peters, we don't and never will.

Saying that Bryant, someone who's had no impact on a regular season game since 2017 when he played for Pittsburgh doesn't line up as him being our 2nd best WR either.

As @Slappy Mc said, Bryant has been in the game the last two weeks with the 4th stringers in the 4th quarter playing with guys and against guys who will be lucky to be on NFL practice squads this year. To suggest his our 2nd best WR on this date just doesn't make sense.

Crowder is realistically this teams second best receiver. That is also sad. 

2 hours ago, THESKINSFAN21 said:

Wait and see, no one knows how this will play out. But,thinking Dotson was going to improve the WR group isn't realistic. 

I don't know about that. Dotson was the 2nd most talented WR on this roster - unless your putting Bryant in a 7 or 8 year old time machine - the problem with Dotson was he wasn't competing for the job like they wanted, he didn't want to field punts bc he felt he was above that and, wasn't physical enough in his route running and he was a lousy blocker.

For those reasons he is gone, but it wasn't because he wasn't talented it was more of not being physical enough, not competing as much as they wanted, and his attitude towards playing special teams.

We are going to be an almost 100% balanced offense IMO. That being the case, they want good blocking WRs on the edge and Dotson wasn't that which is a main reason he is gone.

On 8/26/2024 at 6:39 AM, lavar703 said:

Rivera is/was a terrible coach and GM, and you can blame him for setting the team’s culture back even further than it was when he arrived in the wake of Club Jay/Bruce.  

This reset needs to happen in the worst way, but it didn’t have to if the previous regime was at least somewhat competent.  

13 hours ago, THESKINSFAN21 said:

Wait and see, no one knows how this will play out. But,thinking Dotson was going to improve the WR group isn't realistic. 

I mean, I wasn't the biggest Dotson fan but dealing him absolutely weakened the receiver corp. He was way better than anything else we had behind him. I think his attitude issues are why he's no longer here.

12 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I mean, I wasn't the biggest Dotson fan but dealing him absolutely weakened the receiver corp. He was way better than anything else we had behind him. I think his attitude issues are why he's no longer here.

And he can't block or isn't a willing blocker. That's a problem when you are going to have an offense which rushes the ball 30ish times a game.