Week 1 @ Philadelphia Eagles in Brazil Leadup and Countdown

Well mixed feelings right now on the game

The good: Jayden Reed is the man now in Green Bay, woooahh look out.  Put the league on notice with his explosive plays.

The bad: after what looked like a good start, the defense has seemingly reverted back to its old ways.  Yeah, it's only week 1, and yes the Eagles when they're not in a spiral are a talented group on that side of the ball.  But still ... I am already starting to worry we may have been sold a bill of fake goods with the way the D was advertised.

Just now, LLcheesehead12 said:

Well mixed feelings right now on the game

The good: Jayden Reed is the man now in Green Bay, woooahh look out.  Put the league on notice with his explosive plays.

The bad: after what looked like a good start, the defense has seemingly reverted back to its old ways.  Yeah, it's only week 1, and yes the Eagles when they're not in a spiral are a talented group on that side of the ball.  But still ... I am already starting to worry we may have been sold a bill of fake goods with the way the D was advertised.

Lol nah. Gotta not bite hard on flat routes when wheels are wprking behind and a couple double team problems. The rules to this D are what we're looking for. We're relying on the guys we need to be relying on. Im pumped as hell from that half and i have no idea how you cant be.

5 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I thought it was the Superman ripping open his shirt

Oh God, not the Cam Newton celebration...

3 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Tackling has been rough and the field isn't helping matters for them. Love has slipped on his dropbacks at least 3 times. Gotta make some equipment changes at halftime

This field is complete dookie and whoever has the ball last will win. The fact that we've outkicked them 2-1 on FG's gives us a serious advantage. We just need to stop the run and be more aggressive in man coverage IMO.

Also....can we just run the damn ball and stop with this chunk yardage BS that's more risky?

Edited by Rosser80

Well, I WAS expecting worse. I'm still only a second-half meltdown away from my prediction, but the team isn't completely throwing away the game and that's better than most Opening Week performances under MLF.

Just now, HighCalebR said:

Lol nah. Gotta not bite hard on flat routes when wheels are wprking behind and a couple double team problems. The rules to this D are what we're looking for. We're relying on the guys we need to be relying on. Im pumped as hell from that half and i have no idea how you cant be.

Yeah we'll see, time for Hafley to do what Barry couldn't though - make adjustments.

Just now, Zycho32 said:

Well, I WAS expecting worse. I'm still only a second-half meltdown away from my prediction, but the team isn't completely throwing away the game and that's better than most Opening Week performances under MLF.

Didn't we win our opener last year?