2024 Eagles regular season

32 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Howie with a real bang up offseason.

Addressed LB and already released the #1 signing.

Addressed the pass rush with a big free agent signing, and the dude looks like he can't play football.

Brough back CJGJ, and he looks like a bust.

Flame away Howie apologists.

Been a very rough go. CGJ and Huff were supposed to be key players for the defense, with CGJ being a tangible upgrade for the safety position and secondary as a whole. But he's been a clear net negative. Huff I had solidly high hopes for, but was somewhat skeptical in his ability to replace a well-established guy like Reddick. I think those two guys sucking are big reasons why the defense sucks. Along with Jordan Davis being an average DT, and Carter not making the jump. Should probably see what we could get from Davis in a trade tbh.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Been a very rough go. CGJ and Huff were supposed to be key players for the defense, with CGJ being a tangible upgrade for the safety position and secondary as a whole. But he's been a clear net negative. Huff I had solidly high hopes for, but was somewhat skeptical in his ability to replace a well-established guy like Reddick. I think those two guys sucking are big reasons why the defense sucks. Along with Jordan Davis being an average DT, and Carter not making the jump. Should probably see what we could get from Davis in a trade tbh.

Clearly Jordan Davis is not the wrecking ball that we hoped he would be, but I think it would be wise to keep him. He has a lot of value in the run defense. Eagles would be wise to just view him as their #4 or 5 DT on the depth chart, and draft or sign another DT ahead of him. Hes overpaid right now as a 1st round pick, but his second contract should be pretty cheap because of his lack of production and being good at only 1 thing.

Milton Williams is a bigger problem going forward for this team. If they keep him to start then A: is he truly good enough to start for 17+ games, and B: how much are we going to have to pay him. If we let him walk then we need to find 2 talented DTs along with 2 good DEs in the offseason.

Edited by UndyTaker

18 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I can attest I was not a Davis fan and wanted Kyle Hamilton, but nobody beat the drum for Hamilton more than my guy @4for4PhillyFan.  I think he wants to have Hamilton's children.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Fangio the main reason White didn't get to play, it was a great signing. White should've been playing this whole time...Now White gonna go ball out somewhere else. 

Howie made great moves this offseason, Fangios sorry *** scheme is what's killing us. 

White genuinely is awful go watch preseason games guy sucks

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Fangio the main reason White didn't get to play, it was a great signing. White should've been playing this whole time...Now White gonna go ball out somewhere else. 

Howie made great moves this offseason, Fangios sorry *** scheme is what's killing us. 

Howie also hired Fangio lol

38 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I can attest I was not a Davis fan and wanted Kyle Hamilton, but nobody beat the drum for Hamilton more than my guy @4for4PhillyFan.  I think he wants to have Hamilton's children.

I mean Blankenship has been a stud for us.  Would it be nice to have Hamilton? Absolutely, but Davis fit a need, an organizational philosophy, and had a high ceiling do to his size and athleticism.  I think the question we need to be asking is why hasn't this coaching staff been able to coach him up bc the Eagles weren't the only team falling all over themselves to get him.

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

My main problem with this Jordan Davis and Kyle Hamilton conversation is the ravens were going to take Jordan Davis over Kyle Hamilton 

so it’s not like the eagles were unique in thinking Davis was better. The very team Hamilton is starring for was going to take Davis instead

27 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

I mean Blankenship has been a stud for us.  Would it be nice to have Hamilton? Absolutely, but Davis fit a need, an organizational philosophy, and had a high ceiling do to his size and athleticism.  I think the question we need to be asking is why hasn't this coaching staff been able to coach him up bc the Eagles weren't the only team falling all over themselves to get him.

I wouldn't call Blankeship a stud, this year he has been a very good starter though, let's see if he gets exposed as the season goes as it has happened before with him. I've called him before the Jordan Matthews of safeties.

The bold can be said for every player not on the OL on this team through the years. It is a massive problem with this organization. 

5 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

My main problem with this Jordan Davis and Kyle Hamilton conversation is the ravens were going to take Jordan Davis over Kyle Hamilton 

so it’s not like the eagles were unique in thinking Davis was better. The very team Hamilton is starring for was going to take Davis instead

And I hate to say it, but we would probably be in the same boat if we took Hamilton.  Not used properly while Davis balls out for the Ravens.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Broadway Joe said:

I wouldn't call Blankeship a stud, this year he has been a very good starter though, let's see if he gets exposed as the season goes as it has happened before with him. I've called him before the Jordan Matthews of safeties.

The bold can be said for every player not on the OL on this team through the years. It is a massive problem with this organization. 

I mean he's been one of the best safeties in the league this season and was an above average starter last year as well.  IDK what else you should call a guy that's been one of the best at his position while playing for backup money 🤷

1 minute ago, CasperX22 said:

I mean he's been one of the best safeties in the league this season and was an above average starter last year as well.  IDK what else you should call a guy that's been one of the best at his position while playing for backup money 🤷

I think he has been very good this year, I would call him solid last year. But I think you just found out what else to call him on your very own post. But stud I think it's way too much. 

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

And I hate to say it, but we would probably be in the same boat if we took Hamilton.  Not used properly while Davis balls out for the Ravens.

That is very possible. I definitely think of Tom Brady’s comments where he talked about college programs vs teams.

the eagles are definitely run like a team. Much like a soccer team tbh. 

they have a style offensively and defensively they want to run and they hire coaches and sign players to fit that

i believe soccer teams are run very similarly in England.

the eagles don’t really hire a coach the runs a program. His program. Where he builds players up through that system.

Andy Reid and bill are obviously the best examples of this. Kyle shanahan and Sean Payton being relatively lesser examples

its worked on some level for the eagles but it’s left a bit lacking with development of players.

ive always felt the drafts aren’t really the issue. A lot of times the players are justified. It’s the development where it seems things go off.

Some draft picks probably fail anywhere and those are bad picks. But I definitely think development has been an issue for us. 

eagles should treat their head coach like they treat stoutland. Stoutland runs a program, and it’s not mistake that’s where the players are being best developed

• Like 1