49ers and WR Brandon Aiyuk Agree to a 4 year 120M Deal, 76M Guaranteed

12 minutes ago, N4L said:

Aiyuk's agent refuted schefter's claim. That isnt confirmation bias. That is the more reliable source. Schefter is reliable but he is getting 2nd hand information. Aiyuk's agent is a primary source. 

Considering that narrative fits with what Kawakami said a few days ago, the shoe fits. 

Watch us trade BA next year. Need to see the details and if the signing bonus is low enough, it will mean there is a good chance he gets traded. Big signing bonus, no shot. 

Hope this doesnt mean the end of deebo

Agents nor front offices are dependable sources when on the record.  To pick one as more honest or dependable than the other is just another form of bias.  They will both lie through their teeth to the media.  I suppose the first hand information might have fewer lies, or lies that are more clear and well represented. 

I assume both sides are lying about everything they say all the time.  

SO first the 49ers say they have a competitive offer for Aiyuk (they don't)

Aiyuk says he wants to be traded (he doesn't)

The 49ers try to trade him (but not really)

Brandon rejects the trade. (because he never wanted it)

The 9ers say they tried to trade him (because they never actually wanted to trade him)

Aiyuk says he needs more money (even though the 9ers offer is as high as any other offer)

The 49ers say they will not budge (they budged)

This has been todays version of "everybody is lying"  Tomorrow we will discuss politics!

Edited by Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

Agents nor front offices are dependable sources when on the record.  To pick one as more honest or dependable than the other is just another form of bias.  They will both lie through their teeth to the media.  

The difference is, one source is a primary source and the other guy is a secondary source. Typically, the primary source is more reliable. 

The niners changing language at the last minute is very on brand for them. You should know this by now. It is the way paraag has done things since he got here. Look at how many FRPs got signed 20 minutes into camp. This is what he does. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, N4L said:

The difference is, one source is a primary source and the other guy is a secondary source. Typically, the primary source is more reliable. 

The niners changing language at the last minute is very on brand for them. You should know this by now. It is the way paraag has done things since he got here. Look at how many FRPs got signed 20 minutes into camp. This is what he does. 

Yeah, changing language or front loading the contract is very plausable.  I added a little more body to the above post to explain my starting point. 

It checks out with my everybody is lying take. 

Aiyuk says he need more money (when he doesn't)

The 9ers give in to the demands (then claim they didn't)

Edited by Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420

57 minutes ago, N4L said:

lol wow

If they had gotten like a second, third and fifth for Aiyuk and then flipped the third due Sutton, that would have been okay given the situation

2 hours ago, Forge said:

If they had gotten like a second, third and fifth for Aiyuk and then flipped the third due Sutton, that would have been okay given the situation

Not to me. That would have been a bad trade. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Not to me. That would have been a bad trade. 

Of course it would have been. But they didn't have much trade leverage at that point and that's making the best of a bad situation. 

Should have never been in a place where they needed to entertain it to begin with

• Like 3

@typecast You wrote this in the other thread, but I didn't get a chance to respond. 

The 49ers played hard to get with Aiyuk and failed. And yes, he's obviously not just about the money. Fans have gaslit themselves into believing that though.

Aiyuk is willing to extend with Pittsburgh. This isn't a secret. The hold up has always been the trade compensation, which is why the 49ers leaked the Browns/Pats trade discussion. They wanted the Steelers to increase their offer and that did not work. The 49ers still haven't told the Steelers to kick rocks to this point.

Aiyuk is a major contributor as to why they are SB contenders now. He was told to go out and prove himself last year and he did. The 49ers already reportedly caved on most of the major points on a contract extension. They know what needs to be done to get the deal done. Given Paraag's pushover nature, Aiyuk and his agent are right to keep pushing. Trent and his agent made the right call to push now for a raise. Thanks CMC!

Looks like Aiyuk took his medicine, and accepted the same deal that was on the table.

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

Just now, TecmoSuperJoe said:

@typecast

[quote]The 49ers played hard to get with Aiyuk and failed. And yes, he's obviously not just about the money. Fans have gaslit themselves into believing that though.

Aiyuk is willing to extend with Pittsburgh. This isn't a secret. The hold up has always been the trade compensation, which is why the 49ers leaked the Browns/Pats trade discussion. They wanted the Steelers to increase their offer and that did not work. The 49ers still haven't told the Steelers to kick rocks to this point.

Aiyuk is a major contributor as to why they are SB contenders now. He was told to go out and prove himself last year and he did. The 49ers already reportedly caved on most of the major points on a contract extension. They know what needs to be done to get the deal done. Given Paraag's pushover nature, Aiyuk and his agent are right to keep pushing. Trent and his agent made the right call to push now for a raise. Thanks CMC![/quote]

Looks like Aiyuk took his medicine, and accepted the same deal that was on the table.

Brother, Aiyuk's agent called out Schefter's report as BS almost immediately.

4 minutes ago, typecast said:

Brother, Aiyuk's agent called out Schefter's report as BS almost immediately.

Yeah I saw that. Of course he's going to say that lmao. Everyone in the comments are clowning him asking him for the details, and of course it's radio silence following. 

The point is, Aiyuk kept pushing, and he lost. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

For anyone curious, here are the details of the contract that have been shared thus far:

Aiyuk will receive 47M between now and April 1, 2025. 

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1829291777062564032

The value on the extension is actually 30M per year. The total contract is 134.125M/5. Aiyuk will receive 90M over the first three years of the contract. 44.125M in the final two years of the contract.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/49ers-brandon-aiuyuk-stirke-deal-on-four-year-extension

3 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Yeah I saw that. Of course he's going to say that lmao. Everyone in the comments are clowning him asking him for the details, and of course it's radio silence following. 

The point is, Aiyuk kept pushing, and he lost. 

"Aiyuk lost" is not a phrase I'd use to describe the result of these negotiations, tbh. Unless you're just referring to the last 3 weeks when the contract has supposedly been out