2024-25 College Prospect Watch

615finest

3 hours ago, -Hope- said:

i know everyone’s got their eyes on the ‘26 QBs but i gotta be real, i would not be mad at all if we gave cam ward a shot. i’m wearing the orange and green goggles and he’s got plenty to work on- his footwork needs development and he’s another one of those guys where you just can’t quite be sure how his freelancing is going to translate to the league. but what’s selling me on him is his poise/calm, preparedness, and decision making. dude plays the game ice cold and has rarely put the ball in harm’s way this season. he’s just one of those guys who feels like he always has an answer.

Something about Cam feels very back up QB, Tyrod Taylor to me. 

He has done well at every level but I don't know if he is going to be franchise QB dynamic. 

I think he'd be debated endlessly about how he is too safe. 

I dunno. I haven't dug deep into his his game. But that's my snapshot feeling.

I really would prefer Nico/Arch. They have that star power already that we are missing. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

He has done well at every level but I don't know if he is going to be franchise QB dynamic. 

I really would prefer Nico/Arch. They have that star power already that we are missing. 

I think if we couldn't make Nico or a literal Manning work out here then we know we should just dissolve as a franchise lol

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

too safe? the entire story on cam ward for his entire career has been that he's a gunslinger who needs to rein it in a little lol. i think there are plenty of other reasons to be skeptical of his potential as a franchise QB in the nfl but "too safe" is not one of them.

as for nico, he has elite physical tools and will be a top pick based on that alone, but he plays in possibly the most mickey mouse offense in all of college football. i have no idea how anybody could project anything out of the guy. he's bigger, faster, and has more arm talent than hendon hooker- and he's also putting up basically the exact same numbers that hooker did. i'll be much more comfortable with arch manning if he shows out in sark's offense- but that's still an if. we've barely seen any of him and people are already talking about him like he's a guaranteed top pick. the kid just threw two picks against ULM. let's relax

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

too safe? the entire story on cam ward for his entire career has been that he's a gunslinger who needs to rein it in a little lol. i think there are plenty of other reasons to be skeptical of his potential as a franchise QB in the nfl but "too safe" is not one of them.

as for nico, he has elite physical tools and will be a top pick based on that alone, but he plays in possibly the most mickey mouse offense in all of college football. i have no idea how anybody could project anything out of the guy. he's bigger, faster, and has more arm talent than hendon hooker- and he's also putting up basically the exact same numbers that hooker did. i'll be much more comfortable with arch manning if he shows out in sark's offense- but that's still an if. we've barely seen any of him and people are already talking about him like he's a guaranteed top pick. the kid just threw two picks against ULM. let's relax

Admittedly I haven't watched him in true detail. Just giving a snapshot feeling about him. 

I would invest in the name of Manning over anything being honest. Its like buying a Toyota lol I just trust the brand. He'd bring us instant prime time games and I trust him to do well. 

Peyton would give it the stamp of approval because of his time with Cally in Denver.

It's fate. 😁 Embrace it. Lol 

• Like 1

I'm not gonna dig too deep in the QBs this year until I know for sure they are done with Levis. 

I don't want to fall in love with one of them only to see them go to the Giants or something lol. 

I'll keep it surface level and peep a few highlights. 

My opinion ( like a lot of times lol) won't mean much about the subject outside of conversational and generalizing. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SerenityNow said:

If our season continues down the current path, and we end up with a top 5 pick, then we have to take a QB. Ran and Cally can't afford not to. We need to get our Franchise QB in the building ASAP with the new stadium on the horizon.

Do you think people are patient enough for that? We have a good number of veteran starters. 

Expectations were high enough this off-season, with changes. 

I think if you substitute the name Levis with say Nix, Daniels or any rookie that performance is what you going to get from a young QB. 

But the team around that QB performance wasn't good enough. From the line and defense specifically. 

We are going to need to be so much stronger around the QB spot going forward. Levis can't carry them and odds say a  rookie won't either. 

We as a fan base need to mentally reset our expectations. 

Edited by KingTitan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Do you think you people are patient enough for that? We have a good number of veteran starters. 

I think if you substitute the name Levis with say Nix, Daniels or any rookie that performance is what you going to get from a young QB. 

But the team around that QB performance wasn't good enough. From the line and defense specifically. 

We are going to need to be so much stronger around the QB spot going forward. Levis can't carry them and odds say a  rookie won't either. 

Tank for #1 pick, trade out for a haul, draft like 5 OL

I'm not really even kidding. Draft a bunch. Somebody's gotta be a hit.

Fan base would hate it. In years past I would hate it, but it needs to be done. We need new life there, unless you want to overpay in FA

Edited by Kookie23

3 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Do you think you people are patient enough for that? We have a good number of veteran starters. 

You people? The reasonable folks here have been trying to tamp down your expectations all offseason.

The biggest question mark was going to be Levis, and the returns aren’t good. Some of loudest voices in the room want to bench him, but I don’t think any reasonable fan would think that does anything to help us. He could still turn it around if he gets better protection from the OL and gets a handle on the boneheaded plays.

That said, it is completely reasonable to assume that we will be looking for a new QB come April, especially if we keep losing. I don’t think we’ll have the luxury of waiting for 26, and Manning may very well be a 27 prospect anyway.

3 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Yes. You need to do this.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Daniel said:

You people? The reasonable folks here have been trying to tamp down your expectations all offseason.

The biggest question mark was going to be Levis, and the returns aren’t good. Some of loudest voices in the room want to bench him, but I don’t think any reasonable fan would think that does anything to help us. He could still turn it around if he gets better protection from the OL and gets a handle on the boneheaded plays.

That said, it is completely reasonable to assume that we will be looking for a new QB come April, especially if we keep losing. I don’t think we’ll have the luxury of waiting for 26, and Manning may very well be a 27 prospect anyway.

Yes. You need to do this.

That was a typo.

Do you think PEOPLE.  (Fans and older players). 

General question....

We have been floating on this line of being competitive and rebuilding at the same time. It would have been digested easier if we stripped it down to the bones. 

Edited by KingTitan

QB's
Carson Beck (Georgia)
Shedeur Sanders (Colorado)
Cameron Ward (Miami, FL)
Jalen Milroe (Alabama)
Graham Mertz (Florida)
DJ Uiagalelei (Florida State)
Noah Fifita (Arizona)
Conner Weigman (Texas A&M)
Quinn Ewers (Texas)
Drew Allar (Penn State)
Jaxson Dart (Ole Miss)
Miller Moss (USC)

These are the top/potential guys right?

Am I missing anyone? 

10 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

QB's
Carson Beck (Georgia)
Shedeur Sanders (Colorado)
Cameron Ward (Miami, FL)
Jalen Milroe (Alabama)
Graham Mertz (Florida)
DJ Uiagalelei (Florida State)
Noah Fifita (Arizona)
Conner Weigman (Texas A&M)
Quinn Ewers (Texas)
Drew Allar (Penn State)
Jaxson Dart (Ole Miss)
Miller Moss (USC)

These are the top/potential guys right?

Am I missing anyone? 

not really, but mertz, DJU, and weigman aren’t draftable prospects. riley leonard was getting some hype too but i never bought it and he has been predictably bad- also not draftable imo. i don’t get the sense allar is someone people are excited about at all, but i haven’t watched him. fifita is fun but doesn’t have nfl size (5’10” < 200 lbs) and probably won’t come out.

the guys with some amount of draft buzz right now are beck, ward, milroe, sanders, ewers, dart, moss. personally i don’t think sanders or moss are nfl starters. didn’t really like dart last year but i haven’t watched him this year. 

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

not really, but mertz, DJU, and weigman aren’t draftable prospects. riley leonard was getting some hype too but i never bought it and he has been predictably bad- also not draftable imo. i don’t get the sense allar is someone people are excited about at all, but i haven’t watched him. fifita is fun but doesn’t have nfl size (5’10” < 200 lbs) and probably won’t come out.

the guys with some amount of draft buzz right now are beck, ward, milroe, sanders, ewers, dart, moss. personally i don’t think sanders or moss are nfl starters. didn’t really like dart last year but i haven’t watched him this year. 

Don't know why but your breakdown depressed me. lol

I don't like Milroe and I don't see him as a Cally QB.  
I think the Cally QB's just looking at play styles are Beck, Ewers and maybe Sanders.  Haven't seen much of Dart (Just youtube'd some clips, not a fan.)

I think Cally would want the more pocket passer that can move, opposed to an athletic freak playing QB. 

4 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Do you think people are patient enough for that? We have a good number of veteran starters. 

Cally and Ran need to get their QB in the building ASAP. Everybody is clamoring to wait until 2026, but the reality is if we're drafting in the top 5 in 2026 Cally and Ran probably won't be the guys making that pick. Maybe Ran is, but I don't see Cally surviving two back-to-back horrible seasons. They don't have the luxury of waiting another season to find THE guy. You wanna talk about fans being impatient, it's going to be really hard to drum up excitement for a new stadium with a coach and a GM at the helm that haven't had a winning season, and I don't think Amy would do that. Some widespread changes would be made.

Going the veteran route next year is such a catch 22. You're either good enough to miss out on a top QB prospect in 2026 and we're still without a franchise QB going into the new stadium, or you're bad enough to be in range for a QB where like I said, the likelihood of Cally and Ran actually being the decision makers at that point would be small.

If we continue to suck this year and end up with a top 5 pick, we're going to take a QB. Our franchise is on a timetable where we have to find that guy in April. Cally needs to find his guy to build with. Not a QB that he inherited. 

The wait until 2026 because the QB class is better is a take for a fan base, but coaches and GMs that are losing aren't going to be thinking that way. Their jobs are on the line, and the longer you put off getting your QB in the building especially when you have a top 5 pick, the more likely you are to not be the guy making those decisions when a guy like Arch actually does declare.