NYRaider

Who ya got?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Winner

• Raiders
    • Chargers

14 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Week 1, A lot of teams didn’t look good today

Sure that's true but we didn't look good against a team that's not very good. Their offense wasn't exactly humming there were a lot of drop passes a miscommunications by their receivers too. The fact that a team like that beat us handley is a red flag

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 3

Just now, NYRaider said:

AP is in over his head 

It’s clear too which I guess might be good this year so we can totally crash this year n get a qb n a real nfl coach. I just can understand how he thought minshew was better than continuing to work with aoc who saved his job last year. Minshrw looks like a fan getting an nfl experience 

3 minutes ago, Raiderlife24 said:

It’s clear too which I guess might be good this year so we can totally crash this year n get a qb n a real nfl coach. I just can understand how he thought minshew was better than continuing to work with aoc who saved his job last year. Minshrw looks like a fan getting an nfl experience 

Minshew is god awful

Not a good game at all. Big errors at crucial times ruined us. If you’re struggling on O then the turnovers are game changers.

I think there are too many knee jerk reactions given it’s the very first game of the season, I want to see progression from the coaches and changes to things that don’t or didn’t work. 

Really disliked the last 4th down call as if you’re not going to go for it then, you’re asking for trouble to keep going to the Defence again and again and again. Sure enough, they let in the decisive TD but I don’t blame them at all. Really strong showing otherwise. I can accept going for the earlier FG to keep it a one score game with plenty of time left.

Overall really disappointed by the coaching and Minshew but the sky isnt falling and I want to give them a chance but I do want to see changes and improvements. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Week 1, A lot of teams didn’t look good today

This is true, but the difference with most of them is they're either in phase 1 of a new plan (we haven't even started) or they underwhelmed but have a history of better play. 

We're not in a clear phase beyond a weird holding pattern, and nothing about AP or Getsy evokes confidence based on their history 

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

This is true, but the difference with most of them is they're either in phase 1 of a new plan (we haven't even started) or they underwhelmed but have a history of better play. 

We're not in a clear phase beyond a weird holding pattern, and nothing about AP or Getsy evokes confidence based on their history 

True. We have no direction 

1 minute ago, Justwinning said:

Still better than Jimmy G. By a country mile too.

Friendly wager that Minshew doesn't go .500 or above as the starter this year?

For all of their flaws, Jimmy and JMD were .500 together. That's all that matters, winning games.

Edited by NYRaider

7 minutes ago, Raiderlife24 said:

True. We have no direction 

I don’t think that’s really true, like it or hate it Pierce has said repeatedly he wants that old school Raider mentality and to be a hard nosed, tough and nasty football team. I think that’s a clear direction, now, whether they can actually achieve that and whether it will be effective is a totally different thing but I think the vision is clear.

1 minute ago, Darbsk said:

I don’t think that’s really true, like it or hate it Pierce has said repeatedly he wants that old school Raider mentality and to be a hard nosed, tough and nasty football team. I think that’s a clear direction, now, whether they can actually achieve that and whether it will be effective is a totally different thing but I think the vision is clear.

Pierce just knows what to say to get mark excited. We abandoned the run early when we had a chance to keep chipping away at them but they wanted Gardner to throw it all over with Mack n bosa out there