Week 1 GDT: Texans vs Colts

lumberjackchris

Definitely saw Kenyon popping some LBs on the second level, I bet he had a lot to do with the way we ran the ball today. That was like the only pick we thought Caserio might've missed on..

Positive Takeaways

Joe Mixon: No explanation needed

Nico Collins: Man amongst boys

Defense: You guys seem to be down on the defense. They were in really good position on several of those insane deep passes. Richardson is a problem, everyone's going to have difficulty stopping that. Still, we capitalized on a few mistakes, and it felt like we had them bottled up for at least half of their possessions. Lassiter was hardly targeted, Henry T got exposed a bit, but he's a backup and will be replaced after 3 more games, and even he had a handful of nice plays. Really, if you erase 2 massive pass plays it would've been an outstanding defensive performance, and not every team can make explosive plays like that.

Negatives:

Coaching right before the half: What the hell was that? Can not have that! Could have easily cost us the game. 

Punt team: CAN NOT HAVE THAT! NEVER AGAIN!

Pass pro/Stroud vs the blitz: Definitely had some pressure coming up the middle more than we would like. Also definitely had some hot routes that we could've targeted to sustain a few of those drives. Find the checkdowns, take the hits. 

• Like 1

It’s so nice to have a running back you can rely in the 2nd half. I was not a big fan of the Mixon deal because I felt the contract they gave him was unnecessary, but I will gladly eat crow if a version of this guy shows up these next two years. Also, I love how much of a bully he is running the ball, it’s fun to watch (same can be said about Nico too, they both just punish defenders). I can’t wait to see how the offense continues to develop throughout the year. 

• Like 2