Around The League Talk 2024-25

No matter how I feel about Levis yesterday, our investment in him both in terms of draft capital and financially is limited enough that if it doesn’t work out, it’s not the end of the world. I can’t imagine how Browns and Panthers fans are feeling.

• Like 4

My Bad QB performances of the week.

#1. Daniel Jones- No excuse for him or that offense to look that bad. 
#2. Bryce Young- No signs of life there at all. A whole year of games under his belt. INT first play, Looked like the NFL gave was too big, literally.
#3.  Kirk Cousins- He looked like he had nothing left. Looked old, slow and unable to play NFL QB anymore.
#4. Will Levis- Offense had no rhythm. A miss deep in a clean pocket to Ridley was followed by at block punt for TD. Up by 1 and tosses, not throws, a pick 6. 
#4B- Dehsaun Watson- He looked lost. Off target. It looked like he didn't study at all for the test and thought I'll be good. 
#5-Anthony Richardson- 3 TDs, how can that be bad?  Just from a QB perspective, it was a rough day. 2 huge plays for TDs and a TD run. Misses, overthrows, reading defenses. Wasn't a good day as a QB. But as an athlete, he had an A+ day. 

18 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

No matter how I feel about Levis yesterday, our investment in him both in terms of draft capital and financially is limited enough that if it doesn’t work out, it’s not the end of the world. I can’t imagine how Browns and Panthers fans are feeling.

I'm not sure how the Giants felt Daniel Jones was the answer. 5 seasons of nothing. One decent playoff run and he was pedestrian.  
You can't crown them too early and you can't trash them too early. 
But I think 5 seasons is enough to know what you got in a player. 

Everyone with the Giants are getting fired. 

6 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I'm not sure how the Giants felt Daniel Jones was the answer. 5 seasons of nothing. One decent playoff run and he was pedestrian.  
You can't crown them too early and you can't trash them too early. 
But I think 5 seasons is enough to know what you got in a player. 

Everyone with the Giants are getting fired. 

could've just been me, but the offseason Hard Knocks made GM Schoen seem kinda like a goober/in over his head.

the NYG suck

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KingTitan said:

My Bad QB performances of the week.

#1. Daniel Jones- No excuse for him or that offense to look that bad. 
#2. Bryce Young- No signs of life there at all. A whole year of games under his belt. INT first play, Looked like the NFL gave was too big, literally.
#3.  Kirk Cousins- He looked like he had nothing left. Looked old, slow and unable to play NFL QB anymore.
#4. Will Levis- Offense had no rhythm. A miss deep in a clean pocket to Ridley was followed by at block punt for TD. Up by 1 and tosses, not throws, a pick 6. 
#4B- Dehsaun Watson- He looked lost. Off target. It looked like he didn't study at all for the test and thought I'll be good. 
#5-Anthony Richardson- 3 TDs, how can that be bad?  Just from a QB perspective, it was a rough day. 2 huge plays for TDs and a TD run. Misses, overthrows, reading defenses. Wasn't a good day as a QB. But as an athlete, he had an A+ day. 

How is Bo Nix not on your list but AR is lol.

10 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

How is Bo Nix not on your list but AR is lol.

Bo Nix really should be on the list, but I left him and all the rookies off my list because they are rookies. 
I thought Caleb Williams was horrible, but he a rookie.

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

Agreed. Nix absolutely needs to be on the list and AR had enough big plays to definitely not be lumped in with the rest of those disasters.

I'm looking at a QB perspective. Making throws, reading defenses etc.  He is 5. I wanted to put Bo Nix there, but as I said before, I left all the rookies off. Cause Rookie gonna rookie. 

I'm also one that isn't a huge fan of Lamar Jackson but have accepted that the world loves him. He makes enough passing plays too. 
Richardson isn't there yet for me. But if they build the offense around his athletic ability he doesn't need to be a great QB that beats someone with his arm. 

3 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Can you imagine this fan base and the revisionist history that will take place if Willis balls in Green Bay!? 

"It was OBVIOUS he had what it takes to be a QB. Remember the Ravens in London??? REMEMBER??????"