Saturday Night Football - Packers vs Vikings

Webmaster

13 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

And this 3 page GDT is why the NFL has rules to protect QBs.

Nah dude, it's a holiday weekend w/ only two games on today. Then you have families in town, people are traveling, etc.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I can't be the only one rooting for some sort of Alex Smith / Blake Bortles against Case Keenum / Nick Foles super bowl. 

I'm pulling hard for a Jags vs Vikings Super Bowl. I'd pay good money to watch those defenses battle for a championship.

Quality quarterback play does make the game more interesting, but at the same time I wouldn't want the NFL saturated with a ton of A+ quarterbacks and offenses going bonkers racking up a zillion points in most games. I would just watch Arena football if that is what I desired. Games where good defense is evident is also important. Sadly I think a lot of fans today would struggle to watch games from the 70s where there really weren't that many top gun quarterbacks. Not like we have today. Those games though are still just as entertaining. At least to me.

25 minutes ago, Carmen Cygni said:

Your opinion has been noted. On the other hand, I enjoyed watching the Vikings play great defense and secure a shutout.

Your anecdote is nice and all, but the evidence clearly points to this being a lightly viewed game. 

And we all know why.

We could pull up some previous GB vs MIN threads and ratings around the holidays to compare if you want. Or we can just admit the obvious truth.

39 minutes ago, Carmen Cygni said:

Your opinion has been noted. On the other hand, I enjoyed watching the Vikings play great defense and secure a shutout.

Against an anemic offense?  Sure, I guess if that makes you feel good about your team go ahead.  But neither team was very good offensively.  Minnesota did enough to win the game, but they were in no way impressive offensively.

Just now, CWood21 said:

Against an anemic offense?  Sure, I guess if that makes you feel good about your team go ahead.  But neither team was very good offensively.  Minnesota did enough to win the game, but they were in no way impressive offensively.

Huh? I'm a pathetic Dolphins fan.

*Food for thought: When an offense is shutout they don't usually look impressive by any means.

16 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Your anecdote is nice and all, but the evidence clearly points to this being a lightly viewed game. 

And we all know why.

We could pull up some previous GB vs MIN threads and ratings around the holidays to compare if you want. Or we can just admit the obvious truth.

What's with all this "we" crap? Do your own thing if it makes you happy.

Archived