Saturday Night Football - Packers vs Vikings

Webmaster

35 minutes ago, RuralBill said:

Evaluation of talent for the future should never be a coach's #1 goal in any regular season game... ever.

If they aren't playing to win the game, they need to be put on the streets after the game.

Ok.

We should pretty much never see a rookie QB play again then if this is true. A vet backup is almost always going to give a team a better chance to win.

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

Nope. 

Each role on an NFL team has different motivations. MM is most interested in evaluating the players for next season. He doesn't care at all about getting the 14th pick vs the 11th.

Then why isn't Callahan playing? Bakh starting? Nelson?

I don't think so. and besides, what is to evaluate? All the "talent" that Ted Thompson has brought in? Green Bay is Aaron Rodgers, Mike Daniels, David Bakhtiari and 50 other JAGs.

5 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Then why isn't Callahan playing? Bakh starting? Nelson?

I don't think so. and besides, what is to evaluate? All the "talent" that Ted Thompson has brought in? Green Bay is Aaron Rodgers, Mike Daniels, David Bakhtiari and 50 other JAGs.

You're so simple. Just try thinking about this for a minute before you ask questions like this.

Just now, RedRider said:

I really like when posters just go for personal attacks and add nothing of value, not even answering any questions posed. It's the closing thing to a "white flag" that FF has.

I really like when posters post legitimate questions. He wasn't asking any sincere questions, he is being immature and trying to take shots at GB. So I responded in the same tone.

3 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Pair terrible coaching and a terrible QB, and you get...terrible decisions.

Mike McCarthy is an idiot. Points come at a premium and he keeps going for it on 4th. He's nothing without Rodgers.

We get it, you don't like McCarthy.  But the Packers' offense wasn't getting anything going offensively against the Vikings, they had to go on 4th down.  That isn't the issue to be complaining about.

Am I the only one who thinks they should go back to the old days with these Saturday December games- in other words, Vikings/Packers as an afternoon Saturday game at like 3:30 instead of primetime?

15 years ago, Colts/Ravens would have had a noon CBS start and MIN/GB a 3 :30 start on FOX.

2 hours ago, RuralBill said:

Evaluation of talent for the future should never be a coach's #1 goal in any regular season game... ever.

If they aren't playing to win the game, they need to be put on the streets after the game.

Lulz.  I'm not sure you understand how the NFL works if you believe that teams who are eliminated aren't going to play players to evaluate them moving forward.

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

besides, what is to evaluate? All the "talent" that Ted Thompson has brought in? Green Bay is Aaron Rodgers, Mike Daniels, David Bakhtiari and 50 other JAGs.

SteelKing, you are hitting too close to home for the Ted fans here by daring to question his greatness.

As a Packer fan who has been calling Ted's "eliteness" into question for several years now, you've got to understand it is like challenging someone's religion.

The Ted cultists truly believe the Packers have not been in a Super Bowl since the 2010 season only because they have been victims of bad fortune, injuries, officiating gaffes, and every other excuse you can think of other than Ted has failed to surround the best QB in the NFL with sufficient talent.

Just now, CWood21 said:

Lulz.  I'm not sure you understand how the NFL works if you believe that teams who are eliminated aren't going to play players to evaluate them moving forward.

It's not their #1 goal. I really doubt it was McCarthy's either, just your fans' BS excuse for terrible play. But, hypothetically if it was his #1 goal, yes he should have been fired on the spot. As your precious Vince Lombardi put it, "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

Just now, RuralBill said:

It's not their #1 goal. I really doubt it was McCarthy's either, just your fans' BS excuse for terrible play. But, hypothetically if it was his #1 goal, yes he should have been fired on the spot. As your precious Vince Lombardi put it, "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

Some cheesy line from several decades ago is going to change anything, you're sadly mistaken.  Secondly, let's not pretend like the Packers are the Cleveland Browns.  They're a historic franchise in terms of success.  The fact is that winning games has ZERO upside.  In fact, I'd argue it's only got downside.  Right now, the Packers can effectively evaluate whether or not their recent draft picks are going to have a future in Green Bay.  Playing guys like Vince Biegel, Montravius Adams, etc. and figuring out what they have in them is more important than suiting up a half-hobbled Clay Matthews, Nick Perry, etc.

Archived