New Sexual Assault (Rape) Allegatations Against Watson

roger murdock

The #Browns quietly removed a clause from Deshaun Watson's contract this offseason that would have protected him in the event of a future suspension, according to @JayGlazer on FOX. Per the report, if Watson is suspended again, Cleveland could reclaim his guaranteed money.

woah

• Like 1

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

The #Browns quietly removed a clause from Deshaun Watson's contract this offseason that would have protected him in the event of a future suspension, according to @JayGlazer on FOX. Per the report, if Watson is suspended again, Cleveland could reclaim his guaranteed money.

woah

Makes you wonder if they knew this was coming or a probability and Watson was clueless on it tbh. 

Just now, candyman93 said:

I’m wondering too

They probably did this when they restructured his deal

Guaranteed cash up front and billed it as a restructure while removing a clause and sneaking it by the agent or else it was a compromise with this coming down the pike and bypassing a long legal process when the Browns move to void guarantees and Watson counter-sues.

4 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Guaranteed cash up front and billed it as a restructure while removing a clause and sneaking it by the agent or else it was a compromise with this coming down the pike and bypassing a long legal process when the Browns move to void guarantees and Watson counter-sues.

To be honest this is Watson thinking he can hit the market as a unrestricted free agent 

On 9/10/2024 at 12:17 PM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The real question is where tf is @brownie man?

ANSWER FOR YOUR PERVERTED HERO!!!!

My bad bro I been hella busy 

I havent really posted in the forum at all

But yeah pretty annoying. It’s like we can never get comfortable without something popping up. 

glad we got language in the contract where we can get out the guarantees. 

Let the legal process play its way out. Maybe we can trade for Stafford if stuff gets terrible. 

• Like 1

Didn't see it clarified here, but saw that we didn't really change anything with the contract. Sounds like 22 and 23 he had contract protection, but starting this year there aren't any if he gets suspended for an allegation that he didn't make known to the Browns up front. 

So if this new allegation has legs and the league acts, then maybe there Is a shot for us to void guarantees.

• Like 1