Week 2: non-Viking games

vike daddy

Kirko Chainz baby!!!

Love how the Eagles think they are smarter than everyone else and it came back to bite them in the backside.

Granted Barkley was wide open on that play and should have had an easy first down, to risk it with that much time left on the clock was unnecessary.
Run the ball and eat up the clock. You weren't getting stopped on any runs the last quarter even with the Falcons selling out to stop it. For goodness sake, just run the tush push and you have a tremendous chance of getting that first down. But they didn't and then they played horrible D against the statue Cousins and he ate them up. Great drive for the win.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Next Gen Stats @NextGenStats

The Falcons had just a 0.7% chance of winning with 1:56 left in the 4th quarter, according to the NGS win probability model. The comeback is the 7th-most improbable win in the NGS era (since 2016).

Kind of surprising since it was never more than 1 score game, but I didn't watch it, so I don't know the context.  But in terms of most improbable comebacks, I would guess two of the more improbable belong to the Vikings in 2022.

17 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I can’t see Belichick coexisting with Jerry Jones, and I can’t see him taking a job that is almost assuredly a rebuild. 

I can't really see him in Dallas either.  But, the Giants?  He'll take that job if it's offered to him.  He'll want to return them to glory since next to New England, that's where his heart lies.  Also, with his ego, he'll want to prove that coaching is his primary skill and can take subpar to average talent and have success.  Any potential rebuild doesn't scare him. 

• Like 1

How do I phrase this...

I'm all for analytics, to a point, but I'm also a firm believer of not chasing points in the first half. If you have the opportunity to "break the tie" you should do that. You've got to be calculated and pick your moments IMO. If anything I'd have preferred they give the ball to Barkley who had been unstoppable that drive, he had runs of 9, 9, 10, and 11.

• Like 2