2024 GDT Week #2 1-0 Steelers Visit the 0-1 Broncos

Who will be the starting QB this week?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the starting QB this week?

• Russell Wilson. If he's healthy, he's the man.
    • Justin Fields. Russ won't be ready and Justin will be the man.
    • Justin Fields. The offense is better in his hands.

20 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Other than that 70 something yard TD last year, he's been nonexistent. I'm hoping Smith gets something together for him. That, or just go out and get a good WR. 

between GP and then CA3 speed, the deep pass should be happening .   Maybe they trade Austin next year if he does nothing but they are thin at WR. 

15 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

between GP and then CA3 speed, the deep pass should be happening .   Maybe they trade Austin next year if he does nothing but they are thin at WR. 

I doubt anyone would give us anything for him. At this point he's more of a candidate to get cut than traded. Both are unlikely, though. My guess is he comes back next year to finish out the contract, then we cut bait. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

At this point he's more of a candidate to get cut than traded.

xD

My guess is he comes back next year to finish out the contract, then we cut bait. 

colbert would do this, not sure about Khan though. Maybe he moves on, gets a UFA or Trade for WR1 then draft one as well.  Thats only good if the draft class is good next year, but is it?

9 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

With Arthur Smith admitting they avoided the MOF against the Falcons to take Bates out of the game, I wonder if he will do the same against the Broncos with Surtain. We could be looking at a low target game for Pickens, especially if they shadow. 

At WR you can certainly use different techniques to scheme them open, but maybe they target TE more this game? CB is generally easier to avoid than safeties though.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

colbert would do this, not sure about Khan though. Maybe he moves on, gets a UFA or Trade for WR1 then draft one as well.  Thats only good if the draft class is good next year, but is it?

I don't think it's a bad move. Austin is still on his rookie deal so he doesn't cost much. He's also a good PR, so he has value even if he's not a good WR. I'd be ok with him being our #4 or 5. Just got to improve the #2 and 3. 

I don't think it's a bad move. Austin is still on his rookie deal so he doesn't cost much. He's also a good PR, so he has value even if he's not a good WR. I'd be ok with him being our #4 or 5. Just got to improve the #2 and 3. 

I think Wilson is clearly a guy with strong Number 3 potential. Problem is, both Austin and Jefferson are 4s. I wonder if Amari Cooper will be available next year or a similar route running WR before the trade deadline.

My current mock:

Round 1: Emeka Egbuka WR Ohio State
Round 2: Jaxson Dart QB Ole Miss
Round 3: Tyler Onyedim DE Iowa State
Round 4: Mansoor Delane CB Virginia Tech
Round 5a: Jaylin Noel WR Iowa State
Round 5b: Kamren Fabiculanan S Washington
Round 7a: Jonah Monheim Center USC
Round 7b: Tahj Brooks RB Texas Tech
Round 7c: Noah Fifita QB Arizona
Round 7d: Ty Hamilton NT Ohio State

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Jones was seen as extremely raw coming out. This is definitely not a good development for him, though.  

Wow, Jones is going to be the swing tackle until he polishes up his game??? I was against his being the starting LT, but i thought for sure he was very capable on the right. He hasn't looked very good at all IMO. I can't be just about polish in general, I think health is a factor more significant than we know. He is making Dan Moore look good. 

50 minutes ago, AFF said:

I sure as hell hope not…

Likewise. But I've been warning that this could be their plan since TC. Jones honestly played well in week 1 especially in pass protection which surprised me. However, I honestly feel more comfortable with Dan Moore at LT right now. That's why I thought Fautanu getting a redshirt year was in the cards.