#2 WR Before trade deadline?

rlon

2 minutes ago, August4th said:

Jets will probably be all over this. thankfully KC is in the same division, so I doubt they have a shot. 

Interesting cap ramifications for the Jets though. Let’s say the trade goes down this week. He’s owed roughly $13mil by his new team. Jets have $16.8mil in space so they can afford it. And same with next year but they have $58mil in space - except Adams cap hit is $44mil. So he needs to be reworked since they need so much help. 

And I bet they look for a new coach next year too. 

15 minutes ago, AFF said:

I hope not.

I don’t want you to think I’m trying to antagonize because I’m not, but I’m genuinely curious. You were one of the people unhappy about trading DJ and not having a WR2 replacement, but it seems like most the WR2 options that come up you are against as well. At this point what is a realistic acceptable move? Restructures to guys like DK, Lockett, Sutton make it unlikely they will move.

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

I don’t want you to think I’m trying to antagonize because I’m not, but I’m genuinely curious. You were one of the people unhappy about trading DJ and not having a WR2 replacement, but it seems like most the WR2 options that come up you are against as well. At this point what is a realistic acceptable move? Restructures to guys like DK, Lockett, Sutton make it unlikely they will move.

I stated I wanted a longer term answer…that’s why I’m against the likes of Adams/Hopkins etc etc but fine with the likes of Aiyuk and someone like say DK.

26 minutes ago, AFF said:

I stated I wanted a longer term answer…that’s why I’m against the likes of Adams/Hopkins etc etc but fine with the likes of Aiyuk and someone like say DK.

Fair enough. I must have missed that along the way since there was so much going on in those discussions. 

At this point I’m on the line of longer term answer is going to be tough to get, so I’m fine with short term as long as it doesn’t cost much. Like I’d prefer Hopkins than Adams due to pick compensation.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Fair enough. I must have missed that along the way since there was so much going on in those discussions. 

At this point I’m on the line of longer term answer is going to be tough to get, so I’m fine with short term as long as it doesn’t cost much. Like I’d prefer Hopkins than Adams due to pick compensation.

I mean if it’s the deadline and the Steelers are somehow making a run and Fields looks legit I mean I’m ok throwing pick for DHOP.

But definitely not for Adams.

• Like 1

A 2nd+ for a soon to be 32 YO WR for a team that isnt a WR away from being a legit contender?    Thats a no from me.

Maybe if it was a conditional pick and the condition was...4th at lowest, 3rd if we win a playoff game, 2nd if we make it to SB.

That wont happen, but I wouldn't give a straight up 2nd for him.

The Steelers need to target a reasonable, number two WR, and draft another WR next year. They need to upgrade upon Van nd let him get on with his life’s work at this point. Adams would be a dumb move, too costly now and too expensive going forward. We should be on the phone with the Giants, willing to give up a 4th and a later pick for Slayton.

For those saying Adams is expensive, he has 0 guaranteed money after this season. And if he is not cut he’ll be paid 36.5 million per year, which isn’t happening regardless of which team trades for him. Adams will either have a new contract agreed upon with the team who trades for him or he will be a 1 year rental with the option for a new contract in the offseason depending on how things go.

A 2nd for Adams might be a little rich for me, depending on if he comes with a restructured contract or not. But I certainly wouldn’t be mad about it. You can argue “we aren’t a WR away from a Super Bowl” but who cares? We haven’t won a playoff game in 8 years. If a 2nd round pick gets us a AFC North title and a possible 2nd round/AFC Championship game appearance, is that not worth it? Not to mention it would help us better evaluate if Fields is worth giving a contract to in the offseason.