Who is the greatest quarterback of the 1990s?

Championshiporbust

1 hour ago, Tank4Drake said:

Early 90’s Young. 

Late 90’s Favre. 

Overall, I’d give it to Young and it’s not that difficult. Young 92-98 was some of the best QB play you’ll ever see. 

On the old forum I had ‘94 Young as my 4th best QB season in NFL History. ‘99 Warner was 8th. 

Favre also didn't get as many seasons to prove himself. This is likely why it does go to Young. 

But I'd be curios to see Youngs best 6 seasons combined V Favres best 6 seasons combined which moved into the 2000s. 

Vinny Testaverde is a sneaky pick for the 90s but I feel like it's

1. Young. Favre may have the welfare funds but young has the better film tbh. 

2. Favre (Had the stats and the MVPs but Young just has the better eye test)

3. Kelly (4 super bowls is ****ing peak even if he threw away the last 3)

3.5 Marino 

4. Warner (it may have been one year but what a YEAR)

5. Aikman (The Dak prescott of the 90s, good post-season runs though)

6. Testavarde (if he won a ring I'd say he was better than aikman lmao had some much better years though)

11 minutes ago, Xmad said:

3.5 Marino 

6. Testavarde (if he won a ring I'd say he was better than aikman lmao had some much better years though)

I think you forgot about Warren Moon. Also Joe Montana even if he had a cup of coffee in the 90's, it was a big gulp. 

Also Mark Brunell and over Testaverde wouldn't you say? 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

2 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

I think you forgot about Warren Moon. Also Joe Montana even if he had a cup of coffee in the 90's, it was a big gulp. 

Also Mark Brunell and over Testaverde wouldn't you say? 

Moon was great but I haven't watch enough to rank him (Maybe like 10 oilers games over the years I've re-watched?) Montana was a solid guy in the 90s but those injuries knock him down I feel.

Brunell was Journeyman material I'd say today's gardner minshew also his best years were in the 2000s by a mile. Testaverde had two really good years with the ravens and jets are like top 5 seasons for the era.

1 hour ago, Xmad said:

Moon was great but I haven't watch enough to rank him (Maybe like 10 oilers games over the years I've re-watched?) Montana was a solid guy in the 90s but those injuries knock him down I feel.

Brunell was Journeyman material I'd say today's gardner minshew also his best years were in the 2000s by a mile. Testaverde had two really good years with the ravens and jets are like top 5 seasons for the era.

Naw dawg. Let me break it down for you homie. The pinnacle of his career were those 1996 to 1999 seasons. He really started to go downhill with the floundering Jaguars roster in the early 2000s. Brunell did have that one glimmer with the Redskins in 2005, then flamed out (really towards the end of that year). 

I will say Testaverde was arguably the best QB in 1998 along with Cunningham, and Young. Mark never had a season like that. 

As for Moon, well, there is a reason he's a HOFer. Even if he did fumble a lot.

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

On 9/18/2024 at 2:35 PM, Tank4Drake said:

Early 90’s Young. 

Late 90’s Favre. 

Overall, I’d give it to Young and it’s not that difficult. Young 92-98 was some of the best QB play you’ll ever see. 

On the old forum I had ‘94 Young as my 4th best QB season in NFL History. ‘99 Warner was 8th. 

Favre 94-97 was a different sort of great QB play, but also among the best stretches ever.

On 9/19/2024 at 5:00 AM, Xmad said:

3.5 Marino 

I am an Aikman "hater" so to speak; but he was miles better than Testaverde. Vinny is not even close to the conversation.

• Like 2