Gameday Thread: Week 3 Giants @ Browns

Shockwave

Alright time to mix it up. No offense @Giants4eva but you're 0-2 to start the season 😋

Giants 0-2 @ Browns 1-1 1:00PM Huntington Bank Field

All Time Record vs Browns:
21-27-2

Last Meeting 2020:
Browns 20 Gmen 6

Good ole Colt McCoy and Alfred Morris led us to a whopping two FG's!

Current Notable Injuries:

Gmen:
Gano (Out)
Muasau (Q)
McCloud (Q)

Browns:
Chubb (IR)
Garret (Q)
Njoku (Q)
Wills Jr (Q)
Ward (Q)
Bell (Out)

Well we really need a bounce back game if there is any hope of the playoffs this season. And with Dallas looming on Thursday night this is a must win. Jones and the offense showed some improvement last week. Garret appears to be hobbled with a foot injury but plans to play. Their offense without Chubb isn't quite as scary. But Watson seemed to find a little mojo last week and his corps of wideouts is talented. Cooper, Juedy, and Moore. If Njoku is a go the secondary is going to have it's hands full. 

We're definitely the healthier team at the moment but they are coming off a decent win over Jax after getting blasted by Dallas. That said...

Giants : 20
Browns: 16

Because I'm eventually bound to be right 

Edited by Shockwave
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Alright time to mix it up. No offense @Giants4eva but you're 0-2 to start the season 😋

Giants 0-2 @ Browns 1-1 1:00PM Huntington Bank Field

All Time Record vs Browns:
21-27-2

Last Meeting 2020:
Browns 20 Gmen 6

Good ole Colt McCoy and Alfred Morris led us to a whopping two FG's!

Current Notable Injuries:

Gmen:
Gano (Out)
Muasau (Q)
McCloud (Q)

Browns:
Chubb (IR)
Garret (Q)
Njoku (Q)
Wills Jr (Q)
Ward (Q)
Bell (Out)

Well we really need a bounce back game if there is any hope of the playoffs this season. And with Dallas looming on Thursday night this is a must win. Jones and the offense showed some improvement last week. Garret appears to be hobbled with a foot injury but plans to play. Their offense without Chubb isn't quite as scary. But Watson seemed to find a little mojo last week and his corps of wideouts is talented. Cooper, Juedy, and Moore. If Njoku is a go the secondary is going to have it's hands full. 

We're definitely the healthier team at the moment but they are coming off a decent win over Jax after getting blasted by Dallas. That said...

Giants : 20
Browns: 16

Because I'm eventually bound to be right 

No offence taken lol .. But ya i call too many games well LOL. Kinda scares me at times. Unfortunately i think were about to go 0-3 and i see us getting smacked bad in this one. We struggle to score and its alot of effort for us to grab TDs. Against this Browns defense i see us struggling again. Myles Garrett is gonna be feasting on us along with JOK on that defense. I cant see a win possible at all in this one. And you are right Watson got some game going against the Jags. Cant see us pulling this one out. 

Browns 24 / Gmen 7 

23 hours ago, Shockwave said:

Chubb (IR)
Garret (Q)
Njoku (Q)
Wills Jr (Q)
Ward (Q)
Bell (Out)

Cleveland tends to over exaggerate their injury list. However, expect Chubb, Njoku, Wills, and Bell to be out.

Garrett and Ward almost always have “something.” They will most likely play.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Not good to see two Browns at the top of this 

Garrett will get his, whether he ends up lining up against AT or Eluemunor. He's just that good. The Browns defense, overall, is very good. If they've shown any vulnerabilities so far this year, it is against the run, where the Giants have had some success, especially since switching to many more duo concept runs.

Gameplan has got to be not falling behind on the scoreboard and not getting into 3rd and long. AT is a great tackle, but Garrett is the best pass rusher in the league. He'll have at least 1 sack/FF this game, it will just be a matter of if that is enough to win/break open the game for the Browns, or if the Giants can rally from it.

43 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Something that should be a major advantage for you guys-

Cleveland LOVES to commit penalties. Most in the league. 2nd most is Pittsburgh and they’re behind us by like 5.

The game will be reffed by Craig Wrolstad, who has called the third most penalties this season. The first two each reffed one of the Browns games. He also has called more flags on the home team than away (18-11). Should be fun.

2 hours ago, Acgott said:

The game will be reffed by Craig Wrolstad, who has called the third most penalties this season. The first two each reffed one of the Browns games. He also has called more flags on the home team than away (18-11). Should be fun.

Yeahhhh

Expect a flag fest. Even if Cleveland has a big play on offense, pause, and just wait for the flag. I’m being serious too. We love illegal formations and illegal shifts.

Browns fans prefer Dawand Jones starting at RT. He’s got a LOT of promise and potential. He’s been fantastic starting for us there.