8 members have voted

1. 1. Who is 3-0 after this game?

• Steelers
    • Chargers

10 minutes ago, August4th said:

fau going on IR

for how long?

is it the same knee?

I see indefinitely  and think this is serious, not just a low grade sprain or coach/team medical staff say 'tweak' 

Edited by 3rivers

Good move to get him on the IR quick so it kind of ends up being like 3 weeks missed even though it is 4 games. You already knew you lost him for this game. You can take advantage of the roster opening in the meantime. 

Edited by JustPlainNasty
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, JustPlainNasty said:

Good move to get him on the IR quick so it kind of ends up being like 3 weeks missed even though it is 4 games. You already knew you lost him for this game. You can take advantage of the roster opening in the meantime. 

We’ll probably have to sign an outside guy for OT. I think we’re almost out of other tackles.

I’m just still so frustrated with how this franchise decided to handle a 14th overall pick. 

Imo, the only thing that makes sense is that they assumed perfection. Jones could start at RT for 3-4 weeks, Troy could get up to speed and “earn” RT and then Jones flips to LT full time (but had repped at RT for backup purposes) and that’s your line.

But they forgot how imperfect the NFL is. Troy got hurt, then Jones got hurt, now Troy got hurt again…the development plan is gone and now we are just surviving. 

Just a stupid thing that could have been avoided. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

I’m just still so frustrated with how this franchise decided to handle a 14th overall pick. 

Imo, the only thing that makes sense is that they assumed perfection. Jones could start at RT for 3-4 weeks, Troy could get up to speed and “earn” RT and then Jones flips to LT full time (but had repped at RT for backup purposes) and that’s your line.

But they forgot how imperfect the NFL is. Troy got hurt, then Jones got hurt, now Troy got hurt again…the development plan is gone and now we are just surviving. 

Then rotating RTs is still 1 of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard or seen, especially for the NFL level.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, AFF said:

Then rotating RTs is still 1 of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard or seen, especially for the NFL level.

Yup. It’s an all timer. 

The Ravens did it last year because a dude who was a top tackle in the league previously couldn’t make it through a whole game healthy. Our excuse was because we don’t hurt feelings. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

tis is tomlin and his dealing with the OL. If they had Munchak here and he was in charge 100% of the OL, this wouldn't be happening.  Maybe when Seumalo returns they can then try anderson at RT ^_^

it's what bothers me the most , the OL being mishandled when it appears to be nearing a legit unit but this staff is fumbling this into the trash or mediocrity . Frazier is really helping the unit, not sure about Daniels for some reason. Moore has been solid and jone is well, bench worthy. Anderson has been better than jone IMO

I have no delusions that the right tackle protection is going to look very pretty today. Jones has regressed, clearly. But, this is a gut check opportunity for him to show what he is made of. This game is pivotal to his career, and it’s a stern test even if he was playing well. The Chargers will be often be going with five rushers, 1 on 1 with our linemen, with Jones and the surplus that is Darnell Washington becoming crucial points of the protection package against those schemes. Washington will assist Jones. This is where the Steelers really stand to lose this one. They will also do things with inside rushers that the Steelers have been unable to accomplish with Herbig, mostly on stunts with faster, less stout rushers becoming involved. Message to Fields, Run Forest Run!

I’d personally like to see some plays designed or checked down to Washington after he chips the outside rusher, as well as seam targets to Muth when they bring that extra ‘linebacker’ to the line.

Edited by rlon

This is going to be a tough one. Dobbins absolutely kills us. Their OC has a lot of experience with us. Herbert, while injured, is still the best QB we've faced. Our CBs definitely won't be laughing at this matchup like last week. They've got game breaking pass rushers just like us. They've got some strong tackles, granted Alt has never seen Watt(Crosby might have got him for a sack in week 1). 

It is a home game, so we should be amped. Fields and the offense look like they're about to actually score some points. I just hope Fields continues to play in himself and doesn't try to do too much. I think that's where he'll run into issues. Hopefully Pickens will feast and our run game is churning and we win. I'm not super confident, though.

11 minutes ago, VigilantZombie said:

Well I expect lots of penalties from the RT position today.

Hopefully Roman Wilson is what Pittsburgh believed he was. 

I’m good with it since Jones needs to keep playing

16 minutes ago, August4th said:

Roman Wilson not playing 

He’s not had very many overall practices. He’s only been fully padded 4 times. Don’t they only have 2 fully padded practices a week? He got hurt on the first fully padded practice in TC. Then he practiced last week and this. I hope he’s ready to go fully next week. If not, our decision not to IR him looks like a bad one. 

Im almost fully expecting a loss today. If Roman was good to go, I’d feel SLIGHTLY less like we’re going to lose. Having someone else that can potentially get open could have been huge. I think we get a nice bounce back win next week against Indy.