Week 3: Miami Dolphins (1-1) @ Seattle Seahawks (2-0)

TheKillerNacho

Week 3: MIA @ SEA  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Miami Dolphins
    • Seattle Seahawks
    • Tie
  2. 2. How close will the game be?

• 3 or fewer point difference
    • 4-7 point difference
    • 8-14 point difference
    • 15 or greater point difference
  3. 3. Who will score the most fantasy points in this game?

• Skylar Thompson
    • Geno Smith
    • Raheem Mostert
    • De'Von Achane
    • Kenneth Walker III
    • Zach Charbonnet
    • Tyreek Hill
    • Jaylen Waddle
    • Braxton Berrios
    • D.K. Metcalf
    • Jaxon Smith-Njigba
    • Tyler Lockett
    • Jonnu Smith
    • Durham Smythe
    • Noah Fant
    • Jason Sanders
    • Jason Myers
    • Dolphins DST
    • Seahawks DST
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/22/2024 at 08:15 PM

On 9/19/2024 at 11:07 AM, Phinsesq said:

If Miami (Thompson) can avoid turnovers and sustain a few drives, I have faith Miami can steal a win. Seattle is loud, it will be a true test.  

I would imagine Mike MacDonald is going to draw up a lot of exotic looks and confuse Thompson. My prediction is that will be highly effective. Our best bet is to run run run to take the pressure off Thompson, avoid quick 3-and-outs, and win time of possession. When we throw we gotta somehow keep it simple. Keep using Achane as a safety valve and maybe us screens to get the ball to Hill and Waddle. 

One thing that failed us in all of 2023 and was glaring against Buffalo was the inability to get a "support player" to actually make a play. Buffalo showed that if you can bottle up Reek and Waddle, it's curtains for this offense. Barrios can't get separation. Chosen got himself cut. J. Hill can't capitalize on targets. DuBose let a ball bounce off his chest. Hopefully we get J. Smith some RAC opportunities. Hopefully OBJ, Washington and Cracraft mitigate this issue once they're healthy. 

Thompson hasn't exactly inspired confidence this preseason. I think Sunday is his first and last start of 2024. I think he looks like a backup would and we give Huntley a shot next week. 

I'm interested to see what we get out of Rob Jones, Julian Hill and Durham Smythe. Those three have been particularly underwhelming. 

I hope I'm wrong but I don't feel good about Skylar Thompson vs. Mike MacDonald

Julian Hill with an early hold and a missed block a few plays later on the pitch to Achane. I think he needs to go back to the practice squad, honestly. 

Thompson has had some literal stumbles and has bumped into backs. Now a bobbled snap. If this is what he looks like with a week of prep and time in the system, we might as well throw Huntley out there. It's not like we've asked Thompson to do anything crazy. 

I love Mike McDaniel but the offensive playcalling was pretty atrocious. The only way we have a chance with Skylar or Boyle or Huntley starting is a heavy dose of the running game, something we completely abandoned in this game. He needs to shift his offensive gameplanning to our strengths.

Watching this game also reminded me how badly we fumbled the Connor Williams situation this offseason. Instead of resigning him to a reasonable deal even if it was possible he wouldn't be ready to play at the start of the season, we decided to simply replace him with Aaron Brewer without addressing the rest of our interior OL woes. While Brewer hasn't been horrible, one of the two (probably Williams) could've easily slid to Guard, allowing us to bench one of the horrendously ineffective Liam Eichenberg or Robert Jones. Instead, we let the guy that McDaniel groomed into one of the league's better Centers go to the Seahawks for a fraction of what we will be paying Brewer.

• Like 1

Rumors in the Pittsburgh media suggest we can deal Russell Wilson to Miami.  

Would you all be in favor of this?

If so, what would you give up in return. 

He only signed for the one year and woudl have to waive his no trade clause. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DR43 said:

Not interested in Russell Wilson. Reportedly McDaniel's system is not easy to pick up (Though Miami has abandoned a lot of the presnap motion apparently) but Russell hasn't shown me anything to make me think we would be in a better position till week 8  with him versus Boyle or Huntley. If it was declared Tua were going to miss the entire season I would be banging the drum for Tannehill, absent that I would consider Wilson but I wouldn't give up much for him. I think most Miami fans realize without Tua our season is likely done. Very unpopular opinion I am sure (and unlikely)  but I wouldn't mind them trying to swipe Bryce Young from Carolina for different reasons.   

If Grier trades for him I won't grab a torch and pitch fork though. I will still watch no matter who is behind center (football fandoms version of self flagellation). 

3 hours ago, DR43 said:

Nope, our season won't be saved by Russ. No point to give up anything for a one-year rental unless it puts you over the edge.

On 9/23/2024 at 8:27 PM, TheKillerNacho said:

I love Mike McDaniel but the offensive playcalling was pretty atrocious. The only way we have a chance with Skylar or Boyle or Huntley starting is a heavy dose of the running game, something we completely abandoned in this game. He needs to shift his offensive gameplanning to our strengths.

Watching this game also reminded me how badly we fumbled the Connor Williams situation this offseason. Instead of resigning him to a reasonable deal even if it was possible he wouldn't be ready to play at the start of the season, we decided to simply replace him with Aaron Brewer without addressing the rest of our interior OL woes. While Brewer hasn't been horrible, one of the two (probably Williams) could've easily slid to Guard, allowing us to bench one of the horrendously ineffective Liam Eichenberg or Robert Jones. Instead, we let the guy that McDaniel groomed into one of the league's better Centers go to the Seahawks for a fraction of what we will be paying Brewer.

This is box scoring, which I know is foolish, but I’ll ask anyway - you want them to establish the run more effectively, but the average YPC is pretty bad for Miami. Is this due to poor blocking or is it game situation and the D can tee off on the run game?

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

This is box scoring, which I know is foolish, but I’ll ask anyway - you want them to establish the run more effectively, but the average YPC is pretty bad for Miami. Is this due to poor blocking or is it game situation and the D can tee off on the run game?

We rushed relatively well on early downs.  Bigger problem has been negative plays when passing

• Like 2