Caleb Williams

Vladimir L

23 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Losing Getsy was a big plus.  

Sadly Waldron negated most of that gain.   

Frankly, ppl are going a little nuts here.   It’s been 3 games.   If he looks bad by the end of year, sure, let’s have a discussion.  

Frankly I’d kill to have Caleb in DEN.   He’s made mistakes but his quick reads and decisions and escapability / big time throws I’ve seen tells me he’ll be fine as long as he doesn’t get killed.   

This isn’t even close to Young / Stroud.    What I’ve seen from both Daniels & Williams tells me both orgs will be happy with the guys they got.   It doesn’t have to be binary.    

Caleb will be fine. 

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

How in the hell are we a much worse organization?. Everyone that ruined the team is gone. Harris has improved every single aspect of the team and has pumped a ton into the facilities. My lord man, give us some kind of credit lol

Credit? For what? Being as? Hiring terrible retread coaches? Credit? Credit? Washington Redskins get credit. Not the crappy commanders.. 

2 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Oh come on… Washington EASILY, EASILY has the worst offensive line in the National Football League and Daniels is doing just fine. Patriots have a Bottom 3 OL and Maye will likely look like a stud. 

PFF graded the Bears OL 14th going into the season. Caleb takes forever to make a decision and seems lost most of the time. 

Dude has the best WR/TE group a Rookie QB has ever had in NFL History. 

The entire Bears offensive line has pretty dramatically regressed this season and is currently the worst unit in the NFL by a pretty substantial margin.  Washington has over double the rushing yardage that Chicago does right now.

Meanwhile the Bears literally couldn't run the ball against the colts, the worst run defense in the league BEFORE they lost their only good DL in Buckner. Literal worst in the NFL vs the rush, THEN lost their best player, and Chicago STILL couldn't rush against them.

As for the WR/TE group. Allen has been injured and largely a non factor. Oh wait, he did drop a touchdown in his one game before sitting out injured.  Odunze is a rookie who is starting to put it together, but has as more bad plays, caused ints, and dropped TDs than he does contributions.... DJ Moore SHOULD be getting used more but Waldron is an idiot:

The TE room hasn't changed since last year. Kmet inexplicably was kept out of the gameplan until this past week and is admittedly very good..... Everett couldn't catch a cold and is for some reason running tight end screens (Waldron sucks), and Mercedes Lewis' contributions so far this year are multiple false starts and not blocking as a blocking TE.

The running back room involves FA "feature back" that is only 1 yard ahead of our NON SCRAMBLING QB after 3 games (68 total yards for swift), and is averaging an AMAZING 1.8 Yards per carry right now. 

Not trying to be rude, since everyone in Chicago had hopes for this roster going into this season as well, but it's catastrophically worse than it looked like it was going to be before the season. 

-We lost any and all ability to run the ball

-Our starting center is routinely getting pancaked by linebackers (that's just this week's clip)

-The next time our OL picks up a blitz or stunt might actually be the first time

-Our QB's average time to throw after the first two games was 2.59 seconds, good for 6th fastest in the entire NFL... Despite this we where still giving up pressures in that window, even when keeping 7 blockers in to handle 4.

-We for some reason are using a 5ft8in 180 lb receiver to block a DE in goal line:

-

Caleb hasn't been the problem here..... not by a long shot.

Oh, worth pointing out to people glazing Daniels..... Look up their passing charts. One of them is running half field reads all day in order to simplify reads for a rookie QB, with lots of read option, a more dynamic QB run threat, and play action built off a strong running game. Caleb is running a full field read offense with bizarre personnel decisions and playcalling, no running game, injured WR, and as a primarily pocket passer with a non existent pocket. Despite that he is still showing game to game improvement.

Also, fwiw, his character concerns where almost entirely a pre draft media narrative. Guy's been pretty selfless here so far, even going out of his way to give his first TD pass ball to the rookie WR who caught it for his first NFL TD.

Edited by Epyon

2 hours ago, El Ramster said:

Can came in way more raw. Dropped back to

Back 400+ yard games. Was the fastest player to each 1000 yards and lord knows how many TDs rushing. Caleb is as. Look at what Jayden’s doing in a much worse org imo. Jayden was supposed to be the worst QB our the big 3 and he’s shown

more. 

If Caleb had come in and thrown back to back 400 yard games and was the fastest player to 1000 yards with X rushing TDs, would we be talking about Caleb having a poor attitude? I don't think so.

If Jayden was the worst of the big 3, why was he taken #2? He was pretty clearly viewed as the 2nd best QB prospect behind Caleb. The biggest knock on him was his size, something that would only affect his durability. We're 3 games in.

As far as Washington having the worst O-line, no. "BUT 65 SACKS!" and this is why people don't trust easy opinions. The 2006 Lions, for example, had Kitna sacked 63 times. The line was pretty average, but we had Mike Martz calling 7 step drops every single down and no running game.

https://www.hogshaven.com/2024/8/13/24219320/myth-and-reality-of-the-washington-commanders-offensive-line-situation

The 2024 Commanders have a 57% win rate (still not very good). In 2023 they had a 61% win rate, good for 11th in the NFL. 13th in pressure rate on passing downs.

They had terrible playcalling, an average-ish line and a QB that ate more unnecessary sacks than any QB in history.

https://twitter.com/throwthedamball/status/1739773008045056318/photo/1

Howell had above average time to throw. He had 22 turnover worthy plays when he had above 2.5 seconds to throw. He was really bad and the playcalling was really bad. Jayden Daniels has been really good and the playcalling has been really good. That's the difference between the 2023 commies offense and 2024. This is not a knock on Daniels. He is also performing at a very high level. That TD to Terry last night was unbelievable. Guy in his face, the route hasn't developed yet so Jayden just puts a ton of air underneath it and still put it in a perfect spot. 😍

Both the eye test and advanced stats point to Howell and Rivera/Bieniemy being the problem last year.

None of this has any bearing on how poorly Caleb has played or how bad the Bears are. Chicago's O-line has a 43% PB win rate this year, good for last in the NFL along with the Titans. He's also just been bad. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by nagahide13

4 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

If Caleb had come in and thrown back to back 400 yard games and was the fastest player to 1000 yards with X rushing TDs, would we be talking about Caleb having a poor attitude? I don't think so.

If Jayden was the worst of the big 3, why was he taken #2? He was pretty clearly viewed as the 2nd best QB prospect behind Caleb. The biggest knock on him was his size, something that would only affect his durability. We're 3 games in.

As far as Washington having the worst O-line, no. "BUT 65 SACKS!" and this is why people don't trust easy opinions. The 2006 Lions, for example, had Kitna sacked 63 times. The line was pretty average, but we had Mike Martz calling 7 step drops every single down and no running game.

https://www.hogshaven.com/2024/8/13/24219320/myth-and-reality-of-the-washington-commanders-offensive-line-situation

13th in pressure rate on passing downs. The 2024 Commanders have a 57% win rate (still not very good). In 2023 they had a 61% win rate, good for 11th in the NFL.

They had terrible playcalling, an average-ish line and a QB that ate more unnecessary sacks than any QB in history.

Howell had above average time to throw. He had 22 turnover worthy plays when he had above 2.5 seconds to throw. He was really bad and the playcalling was really bad. Jayden Daniels has been really good and the playcalling has been really good. That's the difference between the 2023 commies offense and 2024.

Both the eye test and advanced stats point to Howell and Rivera/Bieniemy.

None of this has any bearing on how poorly Caleb has played or how bad the Bears are. Chicago's O-line has a 43% PB win rate this year, good for last in the NFL along with the Titans. He's also just been bad. 🤷‍♂️

Sammy held the ball way too long last year. That's absolutely true but our OL was not good last year. I have no clue how they come up with these metrics but the moment Peters took over he cut like 75% of that line. Charles, Gates, Leno and Wylie all struggled. Cosmi was a stud but Gates and Charles were flat out bad. I think this year they've been quite a bit better with Biadisz, Allegretti ( I thought he would suck) and Lucas starting. I think some of that has to do with how quickly Jayden gets the ball out but they're certainly better than last year which is hilarious they're somehow graded lower. 

20 minutes ago, Epyon said:

The entire Bears offensive line has pretty dramatically regressed this season and is currently the worst unit in the NFL by a pretty substantial margin.  Washington has over double the rushing yardage that Chicago does right now.

Meanwhile the Bears literally couldn't run the ball against the colts, the worst run defense in the league BEFORE they lost their only good DL in Buckner. Literal worst in the NFL vs the rush, THEN lost their best player, and Chicago STILL couldn't rush against them.

As for the WR/TE group. Allen has been injured and largely a non factor. Oh wait, he did drop a touchdown in his one game before sitting out injured.  Odunze is a rookie who is starting to put it together, but has as more bad plays, caused ints, and dropped TDs than he does contributions.... DJ Moore SHOULD be getting used more but Waldron is an idiot:

The TE room hasn't changed since last year. Kmet inexplicably was kept out of the gameplan until this past week and is admittedly very good..... Everett couldn't catch a cold and is for some reason running tight end screens (Waldron sucks), and Mercedes Lewis' contributions so far this year are multiple false starts and not blocking as a blocking TE.

The running back room involves FA "feature back" that is only 1 yard ahead of our NON SCRAMBLING QB after 3 games (68 total yards for swift), and is averaging an AMAZING 1.8 Yards per carry right now. 

Not trying to be rude, since everyone in Chicago had hopes for this roster going into this season as well, but it's catastrophically worse than it looked like it was going to be before the season. 

-We lost any and all ability to run the ball

-Our starting center is routinely getting pancaked by linebackers (that's just this week's clip)

-The next time our OL picks up a blitz or stunt might actually be the first time

-Our QB's average time to throw after the first two games was 2.59 seconds, good for 6th fastest in the entire NFL... Despite this we where still giving up pressures in that window, even when keeping 7 blockers in to handle 4.

-We for some reason are using a 5ft8in 180 lb receiver to block a DE in goal line:

-

Caleb hasn't been the problem here..... not by a long shot.

Oh, worth pointing out to people glazing Daniels..... Look up their passing charts. One of them is running half field reads all day in order to simplify reads for a rookie QB, with lots of read option, a more dynamic QB run threat, and play action built off a strong running game. Caleb is running a full field read offense with bizarre personnel decisions and playcalling, no running game, injured WR, and as a primarily pocket passer with a non existent pocket. Despite that he is still showing game to game improvement.

Also, fwiw, his character concerns where almost entirely a pre draft media narrative. Guy's been pretty selfless here so far, even going out of his way to give his first TD pass ball to the rookie WR who caught it for his first NFL TD.

I appreciate the effort here. Even if I disagree here, solid post. Wish I had the motivation and time to write something that lengthy for free, but not worth it. #1 rule, don’t put in crazy effort for zero benefit, time is money my friend. 

Anyways, even if Chicago has multiple problems (I do agree Waldron is a terrible OC), saying Williams hasn’t been bad and it’s everything else is a QB Defending Homer Take (no disrespect). I see it all the time with fans and their QB. They treat the QB like their kid and make every excuse in the book. 

Caleb HAS been bad. Bad accuracy, can’t read a defense at all, takes way too long to throw, looks lost and unsure of himself, terrible under pressure situations and not improvising well, and just not showing himself to be a High IQ Football Player. 

People can argue all day about OL’s. Washington does have the worst OL in the league and Jayden is fine. He’s a high IQ QB. Also has an atrocious starting cast. McLaurin and a bunch of WR5’s and a washed Ertz. 

Russell Wilson had the #32 Ranked OL for five years in a row, still performed like a monster. 

Mobile QB’s make their OL way better. Caleb isn’t doing that. 

Edited by Tank4Drake

14 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

The 2024 Commanders have a 57% win rate (still not very good). In 2023 they had a 61% win rate, good for 11th in the NFL. 13th in pressure rate on passing downs.

Howell had above average time to throw. He had 22 turnover worthy plays when he had above 2.5 seconds to throw. He was really bad and the playcalling was really bad. Jayden Daniels has been really good and the playcalling has been really good. That's the difference between the 2023 commies offense and 2024. This is not a knock on Daniels. He is also performing at a very high level. That TD to Terry last night was unbelievable. Guy in his face, the route hasn't developed yet so Jayden just puts a ton of air underneath it and still put it in a perfect spot. 😍

Both the eye test and advanced stats point to Howell and Rivera/Bieniemy being the problem last year.

We would be saying the same about the panthers. There’s levels to games man. We are so easy to blame others. And at times it’s true, but not always. It falls back to the QBs. Brady and Manning had some of the best Olines because they can audible out of plays. You can throw it faster. I’ve seen it with Staff. There’s been no upgrade at the qb position in Chicago.. I know it’s been 3 weeks, but game is game. He needs more time is always an excuse we use to cope as fans. He needs more help is another one. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Sammy held the ball way too long last year. That's absolutely true but our OL was not good last year. I have no clue how they come up with these metrics but the moment Peters took over he cut like 75% of that line. Charles, Gates, Leno and Wylie all struggled. Cosmi was a stud but Gates and Charles were flat out bad. I think this year they've been quite a bit better with Biadisz, Allegretti ( I thought he would suck) and Lucas starting. I think some of that has to do with how quickly Jayden gets the ball out but they're certainly better than last year which is hilarious they're somehow graded lower. 

I think they're putting Coleman as a huge downgrade at LT. He has graded particularly poorly on pff but that's pff so whatever. Big upgrade at C and LG though.

PFF Ranked Commanders 32nd OL coming into the season.

Sharp Analysis Football Ranked Commanders 27th coming into the season. 

Lineups . com ranked Commanders 24th after two games. 

PFF Ranked the Bears 14th and Sharp Ranked the Bears 12th in OL coming into the season. 

Washington’s OL is mostly a bunch of no name guys who shouldn’t be starting.

Sharp Analysis and PFF know a little more than the common fan. 

Jayden is an extremely high football IQ player and can make a bad OL look decent. I believe the same will be true for Maye. 

I’ve never viewed Caleb the same way and it shows. He panics. Just like the only two good defenses he played last year in Notre Dame and Oregon made him panic and totally embarrassed him. 

Edited by Tank4Drake