Week 4: VIKINGS (3-0) at Packers (2-1)

swede700

10 minutes ago, AP_allday2869 said:

Can someone explain this to me like I am 5? Other than saying that the Vikings are good.

Expected points added per play is the metric. On a play by play basis, how many points would be expected given a set of variables (down, distance, outcomes, etc). Positive EPA per play is good for the offense, negative EPA per play is good for the defense.

this plots each team’s offensive and defensive performance (y axis is descending), so top right is both are good, bottom right is good offense bad defense, top left is good defense bad offense, bottom left is both are bad.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Expected points added per play is the metric. On a play by play basis, how many points would be expected given a set of variables (down, distance, outcomes, etc). Positive EPA per play is good for the offense, negative EPA per play is good for the defense.

this plots each team’s offensive and defensive performance (y axis is descending), so top right is both are good, bottom right is good offense bad defense, top left is good defense bad offense, bottom left is both are bad.

Okay, thank you!

• Like 2

I've been riding the bandwagon all offseason, and I'm not going to stop now. 

If Love plays, he will not be 100%. Flores will make him so uncomfortable, and likely sack him many times, that I think Love crumbles.  If it is Malik Willis, Flores will absolutely eviscerate their offense. Think Napolean vs the Russians in 1812.

31-7

• Like 5

1 hour ago, JDBrocks said:

I’m actually pretty confident in a win. With the ability to keep throwing fresh bodies at Love and the OL I think the defense keeps Green Bay in check, and the Vikings offense will do enough to finish more scoring drives. I’ll say 24-13 Vikes with a late TD to seal it.

i'll take out coaches over their coaches.

but we have to eliminate our own mistake making!

While Vikings quarterback Sam Darnold missed a couple of snaps during Sunday’s win over the Texans due to a knee issue, that has not impacted his start to the practice week. Head coach Kevin O’Connell noted in his press conference that Minnesota would hold a walk-through in lieu of a full practice on Wednesday. But Darnold is still listed as a full participant on the club’s injury report. Darnold told reporters after the session that his “knee feels pretty solid.” Kevin Seifert of ESPN noted that Darnold was wearing a sleeve on his left knee, with the quarterback saying he’s taking things one day at a time.

Receiver Jordan Addison also returned to the field in a limited capacity, per the report. He has been sidelined by an ankle injury for the last two weeks.

Center Garrett Bradbury (ankle), linebacker Ivan Pace (ankle), and safety Jay Ward (knee) did not participate.

Defensive lineman Jonathan Bullard (knee), linebacker Kamu Grugier-Hill (knee), tight end Josh Oliver (wrist), and outside linebacker Dallas Turner (knee) were also limited.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/sam-darnold-listed-as-full-participant-jordan-addison-limited-on-wednesday